3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

anyone have or know someone

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 07:07 AM

anyone have or know someone

that has an upgraded fuel pump in there max.im thinking about getting one i think mine is going south.. but the site just says 89 to 94 maximas..does anyone know if the pumps are the same between the gxe and se's etc..oh and if your in the market for getting one heres a cheap place for em..this is where ill be getting mine from..

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/
Old 12-27-2001, 08:11 AM

Re: anyone have or know someone

Originally posted by VE30DE POWER
that has an upgraded fuel pump in there max.im thinking about getting one i think mine is going south.. but the site just says 89 to 94 maximas..does anyone know if the pumps are the same between the gxe and se's etc..oh and if your in the market for getting one heres a cheap place for em..this is where ill be getting mine from..

http://www.autoperformanceengineering.com/
i have a 92 SE (VE) and i have a walbro 255lph (non high pressure). i got it from that website also. the only difference i noticed is more noise and now the car runs right.
i didnt install it, but the mechanic who did said that the new pump was much smaller than the stock.
hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:40 AM
STFU n00b!

I'd say go with the Walbro 255.

I paid almost that much for a used Z32 fuel pump not too long ago, and I haven't bothered to try installing it yet. don't even know if it will fit.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:47 AM

Re: Re: anyone have or know someone

cool thanks.. by the way MaDMaX024 what was the reason you had one installed for..was yours doing any of this.. when idileing it does 1 of 3 things..will begin to stall then catch itself..stall completely...the revs will go up and and down for a few seconds then stop.. also when driving it will jerk and cut all power for a few seconds then recover.i have already cleaned the throttle body and the IAC motor housing and insides,adjusted the IAC motor screw..so all i know that deals with the idle is cleaned etc..

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

i have a 92 SE (VE) and i have a walbro 255lph (non high pressure). i got it from that website also. the only difference i noticed is more noise and now the car runs right.
i didnt install it, but the mechanic who did said that the new pump was much smaller than the stock.
hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2001, 09:55 AM

Re: Re: Re: anyone have or know someone

...also when driving it will jerk and cut all power for a few seconds then recover.

I have a similar problem and it is not your fuel pump, I would have to say it is your tps. With age at least on my old vg the range of travel gets worn and the signal is weakened and can also cause erratic shifting in the autos. How old is your throttle position sensor that is in your car now? Hows the 11.5:1 motor working out for you?
Old 12-27-2001, 10:15 AM

well "AllGo" right now because of this problem i really cant say right now the car doesnt feel like it has any power at all.even when it doesnt jerk and i step on it "a bit that is still in break in period" i think that this problem is "still there even when its not there" affecting my performance at all times.. know what i mean..
well the tps is still the stock one as far as i know its never been changed.that was going to be my next step..i was leaning towards the fuel pump because it had sat for over a year with the tank empty and i was thinking that the screen got all dried up and when i added gas it just made it like mud or something. it dont take much to clog up a pump..but i guess it couldnt hurt getting a pump anyway..heheheh.guess ill have to make a trip to the dealer to check on a price for a tps..
Old 12-27-2001, 03:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: anyone have or know someone

Originally posted by VE30DE POWER
cool thanks.. by the way MaDMaX024 what was the reason you had one installed for..was yours doing any of this.. when idileing it does 1 of 3 things..will begin to stall then catch itself..stall completely...the revs will go up and and down for a few seconds then stop.. also when driving it will jerk and cut all power for a few seconds then recover.i have already cleaned the throttle body and the IAC motor housing and insides,adjusted the IAC motor screw..so all i know that deals with the idle is cleaned etc..

how do you clean the IAC and all that stuff? all i did was have a terrible hesistation problem, random "no start" condition, excessive noise and wierd idle. it never stalled though.
not too sure if the pump made a huge difference as i replaced the TPS, cleaned throttle body (as best i could without removal), new sparkplugs and oil change (probably didnt make too much of a difference). oh yeah, and a fuel pump relay.

i'd suggest replacing the TPS if yours is old, my car ran alot better after it was replaced. spark plugs also made a huge difference.
even my mechanic said my car runs alot better now than when i first got it

P.S. i forgot i also replaced the fuel filter.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:38 PM

I recently replaced my TPS, and noticed a much smoother idle and better throttle response. I got my replacement at the autozone website, www.autozone.com. (duh) It set me back about 40 bucks w/shipping. It took awhile to get here, though. Wherever you get it, do it soon.