3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Need Some Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need Some Help Please!

Hey!
I'm looking for help from anyone on how to install a new radio antenna. I've got a beautiful 89 MAX and I just bent the damned antenna all the way down while getting clipped by a gated-entry arm. So, I picked a new one up and would like some advice on installing the new one. Thanks alot in advance,
-BK
Old 01-07-2002, 10:12 PM

Re: Need Some Help Please!

Originally posted by bkburg
Hey!
I'm looking for help from anyone on how to install a new radio antenna. I've got a beautiful 89 MAX and I just bent the damned antenna all the way down while getting clipped by a gated-entry arm. So, I picked a new one up and would like some advice on installing the new one. Thanks alot in advance,
-BK
Get yourself a Chilton's manual or A Factory service manual to be your guide. Otherwise, pull away the grey trunk liner, remove the scissor jack, and start removing bolts and unplugging stuff. This is not somthing tho fret over. If you have minimal experience, this is a good way to build confidence. I work at a local do-it-all auto shop. I work on so many different vehicles that I learn something new EVERY day. Most of the time it's like this..I know I need to do a certain job..say a timing belt on a 92 Camry. So I look at the area the t-belt is located, unbolt stuff that is in the way, and get down to the parts I am interested in. But with jobs like this, it is important realize the important things like lining up the timing marks and getting the belt on correctly. Just go for it man, it's a cake job.