3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd resurrection?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 11:04 AM

3rd resurrection?

I think that this will be the 3rd time, at least 3, I am bringing the maxima back to life. Had the car since 97, engine died in 04? Brought back to life(jdm engine) in 06. Got t boned in 10. Replaced door and fender. Countless little fixes on her.

Now I am getting her back on the road. Haven't driven her in about 6 months. Need tires, getting them today. I have to order a clutch, thats the reason I parked her. Needs new shocks.

Ugh, I must really love my car. Well, just thought I would post a quick update. My 3rd gen VE 5speed is still kicking and will continue to. More news, my 10 yr old just informed me that its his car and needs me to get it ready for when he is in high school.

Well, thanks for reading this.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 AM

good to hear you are bringing it back to life. i've had mine since Dec. '99 which my dad bought for me at a junkyard due to a front end collision; so that was accident #1. brought it down from Indiana to Miami. then June '01 accident #2. thought it was done for but it got fixed and good as new. then my auto trans. went in '03 or '04 and thats when i finally converted her to a 5spd. then in '08 ordered my first brand new car (BMW 335i sedan 6spd). parked the max for a bit, graduated college, got married and had a baby girl and right after her 1st birthday in '12 i decided to strip the max down and get it repainted. so its been through a lot and i know what its like.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 AM

good to hear, i've had mine since mid 2000, i now live in japan for 3 years, i can't wait to get back to the states and drive her but i can say, that i've driven a 1989 gtr... not going to lie, its pretty awesome
Old 11-18-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by doubleclutch92
I think that this will be the 3rd time, at least 3, I am bringing the maxima back to life.
Awesome, congrats!

I just brought mine back to life as well - had it sitting in a barn for a few years, figured it was as good as dead. But after doing a tune up and replacing the old gas that was in it, the old VG cranked up in less than two revolutions on the first try.

Amazing cars the 3rd gen maxi.
Old 11-19-2013, 03:49 PM

Its always cool hearing other stories of people still sticking money into these cars.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by doubleclutch92
Its always cool hearing other stories of people still sticking money into these cars.
Ha - I wish my woman felt the same way. There was a guy recently that posted a pic of his 4th gen and the caption underneath read, "My wallets worst nightmare."

That about sums it up ... if it's got *****, tires or transistors you've got (wallet) trouble!

Keep up the great work and let us know how it all turns out.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:46 AM

Lol, that true about the wallet bit...

Tires look good, granada tires. Not the best tires, but they are on the scuffed up g35 rims. Got a hell of a deal on them $400 new and installed. Will have to do for now. Going to order the clutch soon. Also have to get new battery. She is in garage for now. Engine is still strong. I have to put fuel in. Basically vapors in there now.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus
That about sums it up ... if it's got *****, tires or transistors you've got (wallet) trouble!
Cars and electronics sure, but I don't buy my lovin'. If I have to, she's not my type. There's got to be lust from the get go, instead of the other way around.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
Cars and electronics sure, but I don't buy my lovin'.
Haha just wait till you get married: You either pay during the wedding, during the time your married or (especially) during the divorce but one way or the other you always pay for your "lovin'".

The only way to avoid it is to be dead broke to begin with, but even then, there's always wage garnishment