3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Should I strip the interior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 05:52 PM

Should I strip the interior?

Asking for opinions even though I will most likely do it and take pictures (of course). There are small interior issues going wrong and I just think stripping everything would make things easier and more accessible to fix. For instance. A couple of the window regulators are staring to go and there is this really weird leak on the floor in the back. The sun roof is off it's track so I was thinking of fixing that too. I like the stripped, clean look on a car and I think it would not only look good on my white maxima but it would also be more ergonomic. I just don't want people to think my car is some ridiculous track or street car. Because it's not there yet
Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 PM
03 Maxima, 6spd

Well... you obviously want to do it, so you should probably do it. If you're trying to get an idea of the public opinion on this, then I will have to say that personally I think it will look kind of weird. You may find yourself getting some weird looks, but again, if you like it, then don't let that deter you.

Btw, I don't know if it's going to look more clean and ergonomic with all with cables and wires running all over (unless you find a clever way to hide them). For example, this is what your doors will look like with the panels off:
Old 05-23-2014, 06:35 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

People won't think it's a ridiculous track or street car. They WILL think that YOU think your car is a ridiculous track or street car though.

When I see a stripped interior my mind screams ricer who thinks his 16 second car is quick.

But certainly, to each his own. Get ready for a noisy and rattley driving experience
Old 05-23-2014, 09:33 PM

people will just laugh at you, interior parts like the back seat, door panels, etc weigh next to nothing. only people that gut interiors are the ones that need to shave 10ths of a second off a quarter mile time or have drift cars, otherwise its stupid

the rear seat was out of my 3rd gen for my harness bar, to be honest it looked kinda ugly without it
Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 PM

I've actually stripped my parts of my interior to add weight to to car.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
I've actually stripped my parts of my interior to add weight to to car.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:49 AM
ujm

Originally Posted by Rambo_The_Maxima
Asking for opinions even though I will most likely do it and take pictures (of course). There are small interior issues going wrong and I just think stripping everything would make things easier and more accessible to fix. For instance. A couple of the window regulators are staring to go and there is this really weird leak on the floor in the back. The sun roof is off it's track so I was thinking of fixing that too. I like the stripped, clean look on a car and I think it would not only look good on my white maxima but it would also be more ergonomic. I just don't want people to think my car is some ridiculous track or street car. Because it's not there yet
Gut it, with this in mind. Install nice carpet or some tasteful padded vinyl.

You could probably create a nice "bed" going from the where the rear seat was into the trunk.

Dark tint, hot girlfriend, better than stock.....

The "Love Max" (to the theme of the Love Shack/B-52's)

If you see a faded sign by the side of the road that says
'15 miles to the love Max', love Max, yeah, yeah
I'm headin' down the Atlanta highway
Lookin' for the love getaway, heading for the love getaway
I got me a car, it's as big as a whale
And we're headin' on down to the love Max
I got me a Maxima, it seats about 2
So hurry up and bring your jukebox money
The love Max is a little old place
Where we can get together
Love Max, baby
(A love Max, baby)
Love Max, baby, love Max
Love Max, baby, love Max
Love Max, baby, love Max
OK, I went a little too close to the edge there....

Last edited by ujm; 05-25-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Fakie J Farkerton

I added some things, which required stripping the interior, but not permanently. Lots of parts have been removed for much longer than I anticipated though.

Last edited by Hectic; 05-27-2014 at 01:02 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:27 AM
STFU n00b!

I drove my 240SX on the street about twice while it was stripped. it's 3x as loud and a LOT hotter inside. i.e. melt my shoe on the floor of the car hot. my ears would ring after a short drive.

It's not something you want to do to a daily driver. take it apart, fix your problems, put it back together.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
it's 3x as loud and a LOT hotter inside. i.e. melt my shoe on the floor of the car hot. my ears would ring after a short drive.
i had that in my Hardbody, drove for a hour and a half on the highway with the loud exhaust and when i got in the forest and shut it off my ears were ringing for 30 minutes
Old 05-28-2014, 07:52 AM
STFU n00b!

It was no 30 minutes of ringing.. I lost sleep the night after my first track day with it because my ears were ringing so bad 8 hours after the driving was done. It's been earplugs in the car ever since.