3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Transmission VE30DE and VG30E the same?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 11:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Transmission VE30DE and VG30E the same?

sorry for wild English! My question is ,can I put a transmission from ve30de in engine Vg30e? Are they the same?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:16 PM

No, VE (auto) tranny will not work on the Vg
Old 12-04-2016, 03:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Mechanics?
Old 12-04-2016, 04:48 PM

Ve standard will work with the vg if its standard i believe but not auto.
Old 12-13-2016, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
iirc(
Originally Posted by ac max 92
iirc( i keep saying this,lol)
dont forget to use the ve dohc passenger axle bracket(carrier bracket)
with the ve 5 speed swap
and the ve 5 speed intake manifold has a power valve that should be used with it i think you need the whole intake manifold or there is a plate to remove and mount the transferred power valve but the solenoid for it is on the metal intake

something else about the pilot bearing either removed or transferred too

someone here knows for sure iirc(If I remember correctly),lol
Old 12-13-2016, 07:11 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by maximagician
iirc(

iirc( i keep saying this,lol)
dont forget to use the ve dohc passenger axle bracket(carrier bracket)
with the ve 5 speed swap
and the ve 5 speed intake manifold has a power valve that should be used with it i think you need the whole intake manifold or there is a plate to remove and mount the transferred power valve but the solenoid for it is on the metal intake

something else about the pilot bearing either removed or transferred too

someone here knows for sure iirc(If I remember correctly),lol
pilot bearing is different between auto and manual/5spd/standard
5spd can be swapped between VE and VG motors. VGs are open diffs and VEs are VLSD equipped.
autos can not...then again why would you want to?

when you go from auto to manual you need to swap out the carrier bearing bracket to a manual one or you'll have leaky axle seals.

there's a power valve on the VG motor also..never heard of the need to swap that over.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
pilot bearing is different between auto and manual/5spd/standard
5spd can be swapped between VE and VG motors. VGs are open diffs and VEs are VLSD equipped.
autos can not...then again why would you want to?

when you go from auto to manual you need to swap out the carrier bearing bracket to a manual one or you'll have leaky axle seals.

there's a power valve on the VG motor also..never heard of the need to swap that over.
SEE CORRECTIONS BELOW,also removed uneeded red moldy part car story
i bought a dead 92 se,but later on bought a used ve30(from a famous .org member)
for my gold 92 se A/T i had to swap over my(correction)HIS top end and chains etc and (USE)
my original A/T intake manifold
to his CHAINS HEAD ETC. AND BLOCK and not use his 5 speed intake with power valve

that frankinmotor worked until i realized my(correction)-"92 se original" block had a chipped idler sprocket bolt hole face from the (correction)-"original chain damage" from previous 92 se owner,so after swapping .org guys top end and chains,my first swap chewed his timing cover,and i found my original had not survied the previous owners chain failure at 215k
which then made me buy a ve timing cover from a different famous .org member
since mine was chewed up do to idler sprocket "walk out"
correction-(and swap it all back to .org guys block which had suspected low compression but i think it was an injector pintel caught in the valve)
BIG CORRECTION,LOL below
and so i had to swap all components BACK to the(correction)-"famous .org member block"(addition)-since it had (correction)low compression in a cylinder(i remember there was a plastic piece caught in a valve seat when i took it all apart-HIS DID end up being my useable block,i think it was an injector pintel cap) now that i remebered and corrected this post(correction)-(I NOW REMEMBER) that cheap 5 speed motor was good)basically i made 1 out of 2 but had to do it twice(if i saw the plastic and made the correlation i could have put his head back on and been good i bet,greenlake action auto parts got me dealer bagged gaskets and after all the work i drove it from 215k to @ 250k iirc and sold it with newly developed stalling issues i suspected the injector i swapped at @ 245k was older than it looked at the junkyard,it also needed a bumper repaint due to a spray can off color mishap,was awesome for a revived frankinengine ve-a/t,did great in snow,had 06 17's from craigslist when i bought the rims seller 150 in starbucks giftcards with my credit card back when i had 1
and it had junkyard leather seats because its original perfect seats went in my 91 se-5
it was a long time ago but i-(remembered wrong, then corrected) ,lol
AND yes the 89-94 sohc se and gxe A/T and 5 speed both had the same intake with that version of power valve
whos got a 92-94 se automatic with a VE30+5 speed to look for us?
I even remember my old address and the backyard driveway(my "shop")
it was greenwood seattle 349 1/2 n 104th st lived here for like 3 years of schooling myself
on a side note earlier i just member'd and lmfao at the 2004 movie ENVY
oh and i might have been username" yourself "back then
oh noes il get banned for multi account 17 years later!(statute of limitations?)
man that was long winded but i am sure there is 2 intake types for 92-94 se A/T vs 5 M/T

Last edited by maximagician; 01-15-2017 at 11:50 PM.