3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Well it looks like my 3rd gen ride is coming to an end.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 04:59 AM

Well it looks like my 3rd gen ride is coming to an end.

Unfortunately the front frame has been bent due to a collision and unrepairable for what it's worth and unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any 3rd gens for sale in my area. I did manage to find 2 but one is way too far away and wanting too much and the other is asking more than what any 3rd gen would ever be worth and just not feasible. So unfortunately I'm probably going to part out if anyone is interested in many performance and oem and aftermarket quality parts please refer to the classifieds and pm me with what you might need and if I part which is looking like I'm probably going to be I'll know who needs what. I hope to still find the time to still be a part of this great forum with many awsome members with their vast knowledge who have helped with great advise over the years and i hope to use what basic knowledge I have gained over the 12 yrs of owning a vg to help others if and when I can.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Oh no! that's terrible bud.

I may be interested in a few things.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:31 PM

Super sad to hear it's official. Hopefully we will still get to enjoy your knowledge shared here, even if you aren't driving a 3rd generation around anymore. Maybe in the future a good deal on a nice 3rd gen will fall in your lap unexpectedly.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by AzureblueZ
Super sad to hear it's official. Hopefully we will still get to enjoy your knowledge shared here, even if you aren't driving a 3rd generation around anymore. Maybe in the future a good deal on a nice 3rd gen will fall in your lap unexpectedly.
We'll being I've invested alot I mean alot of money into performance and aesthetics. I was hoping to swap my parts over to another 3rd gen but I can't find one reasonably priced. I also had a fair bit into paint and body. There was a local member that had one but wanted 3,500 for it which is more than any 3rd gen would ever be worth especially stock. I don't know that I'd go down that road again if I found another in the future. I may just switch it up in the future one day when I can afford it and look into a 350z or z32 300zx or something along those lines that's already built and turn key. I invested a ridiculous amount on my 3rd gen over the years because I loved it and knew it wasn't an investment that would ever see a big return but none the less it was my toy and was unique with no others in the condition mine was in and with all that was done on it on the road probably in the entire province. With what I had put into my 3rd gen over the years I could have probably just bought a 350z but we'll see. Thanks for your kind words

Last edited by ac max 92; 08-28-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:54 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Hate to see you go man
Old 08-29-2017, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by James92SE
Hate to see you go man
Thanks James, Me too. Unfortunately I can't find another decent 3rd gen to transfer my stuff to so I'm going to have to live with my focus as a dd that was my winter car. I hope to still check in from time to time to see what's going on. If there's anything you need let me know. Alot of really good parts. I'd have loved to have been able to find another to swap stuff over to but on the other hand I guess I can recoup some funds rather than spending and maybe find something fun in the future when funds are more available. Maybe a 350z or something who knows. Though im thankful to have walked away and be in one piece im sure gonna miss my 3rd gen. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:02 PM

I feel your loss. My 94 got totaled in 2008 and I still miss it.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:22 PM

Thanks Dennis, I'm sure like you 10yrs from now I'll still miss it. My nephew is 13 and has always told me he wanted it when he turned 16 which I thought wow by that time it would have been an almost 30yr old car lol. It wasn't much of a collectors car but it was a smooth ride on the highway and handled well with all the suspension work I had done amongst all the other work and funds poured into it to make it a pretty awsome and unique ride. I will definitely miss it but I'm also great full I'm in one piece. Thanks for all your help with your vast electrical knowledge. I know you helped me out with some advise a few times.

Last edited by ac max 92; 08-29-2017 at 07:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:35 AM

Is it worse than this?

Last edited by Hectic; 08-30-2017 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:00 AM

Mine was more to the side front passenger corner which yours appears more to the front but yeah the frame was pretty banged up. The frame was pushed into the engine. The frame isn't worth repairing anyway. It would probably be waay more than I could afford and I'm not so sure it would ever be the same. I was actually hoping just to find another solid 3rd gen to swap my stuff over to but I've been unsuccessful atleast at a price I could afford. Only found one locally but he wanted 3500 for it.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:33 AM

I don't want to hijack your thread and start posting my pictures. But you should post a pic of the damage to your inner fender(s). If it's comparable to mine, it's not as hard as you might think. Yes it's a lot of work, but it is satisfying. You'll be proud of the repair, not think of it as damaged goods. Yes the resale value will be trash, but I don't think any of us drive a 3rd gen because of its value.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:44 AM

No worries Hectic.. I'm not very computer savy and believe it or not still not sure how to post pics afyer all this time. I'm never really on a computer much if at all anymore. I for the most part just use my mobile device (cell phone) I've actually already pulled a bunch of parts so I think it would be a little too late anyway. I loved the car but I think I gotta draw the line now. If it were just a matter of replacing the fender hood and bumper I'd say no problem but with the inner frame behind the fender being bent up I think that's beyond my means unfortunately let alone finding the time and resources for fixing the frame itself not to mention I'm not sure it would ever really be the same.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:25 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

dang man...it was a good run. sorry to see it end this way. Best of luck in your next car. it doesn't take much to total these classics now.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:07 PM

Thanks DanNY, I know I'll miss it but there were only 2 around the province I could find and one was a ve with only 130,000km and the other a vg that was closer to me but I think 3,500 is way too much to pay for a 3rd gen. It would of been nice to transfer all my goodies over to another but I can't justify spending that much on a 3rd gen as much as I love them and with the frame being twisted even if I did spend the time and money repairing it it would probably never be the same and would probably cost more than its worth but I still hope to check in with ya's all from time to time to see what's new.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:06 AM

sorry about your loss, glad your ok though.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy99
sorry about your loss, glad your ok though.
Thanks. Me too.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:21 AM

To those looking for some really cool 3rd gen parts please refer to the list in the classifieds. I am now parting out but dont have alot of time before it gets crushed. I will have parts pulled upon request and already have some pulled that can be ready to ship upon request. Thanks again to all who have helped me out a great deal on this forum over the years. I will still try to check in from time to time to see what's new and possibly help others out when I can.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
To those looking for some really cool 3rd gen parts please refer to the list in the classifieds. I am now parting out but dont have alot of time before it gets crushed. I will have parts pulled upon request and already have some pulled that can be ready to ship upon request. Thanks again to all who have helped me out a great deal on this forum over the years. I will still try to check in from time to time to see what's new and possibly help others out when I can.
Oh man, sorry to hear about this. I traded mine July 1 and got all of $500 and would have gladly gave it to you since I have a feeling it was junked after they remove my overpriced tires and stereo. I miss it, but it is really nice to have a car that is not leaking brake fluid, oil and power steering fluid. I picked up a 2017 Camry xle at closeout for the same dollars I spent 24 years ago on the Maxima, so way cheaper when adjusting for inflation. Getting 40 mpg on the highway doesn't suck either, nor does the electric power steering where I won't have to worry about a leaking rack anymore or the lifetime timing chain. I can also access the one belt and water pump easily from the top.

It doesn't have the "personality", but it is worry free and seems like it will be less of a pain in the *** to maintain.

When I was throwing out my files, I realized that I had spent a fortune on the Maxima in repairs over the years. I should have said goodbye at 20 years, if not well before. If the Camry goes 12 years with nothing but routine maintenance, it will probably cost me the same per year the Maxima did over the time I owned it. The Maxima cost me some serious dollars in maintenance. I forgot about the AC system that died at year 7 and first 2 fuel injectors which I did separately before I clued in that they were all going bad. The AC and multiple rounds of fuel injectors was probably $4,500 alone. Seriously, I easily put in 60% over the purchase price in repairs and would have had to put in a ton more to keep it together.

Mourn, but be grateful, too. My new car has 9 more airbags than the old one. That has to be worth something, especially the way people drive these days.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by khakuda
Oh man, sorry to hear about this. I traded mine July 1 and got all of $500 and would have gladly gave it to you since I have a feeling it was junked after they remove my overpriced tires and stereo. I miss it, but it is really nice to have a car that is not leaking brake fluid, oil and power steering fluid. I picked up a 2017 Camry xle at closeout for the same dollars I spent 24 years ago on the Maxima, so way cheaper when adjusting for inflation. Getting 40 mpg on the highway doesn't suck either, nor does the electric power steering where I won't have to worry about a leaking rack anymore or the lifetime timing chain. I can also access the one belt and water pump easily from the top.

It doesn't have the "personality", but it is worry free and seems like it will be less of a pain in the *** to maintain.

When I was throwing out my files, I realized that I had spent a fortune on the Maxima in repairs over the years. I should have said goodbye at 20 years, if not well before. If the Camry goes 12 years with nothing but routine maintenance, it will probably cost me the same per year the Maxima did over the time I owned it. The Maxima cost me some serious dollars in maintenance. I forgot about the AC system that died at year 7 and first 2 fuel injectors which I did separately before I clued in that they were all going bad. The AC and multiple rounds of fuel injectors was probably $4,500 alone. Seriously, I easily put in 60% over the purchase price in repairs and would have had to put in a ton more to keep it together.

Mourn, but be grateful, too. My new car has 9 more airbags than the old one. That has to be worth something, especially the way people drive these days.
Yeah.. I'm trying to look at the bright side that hopefully one day when I can afford it I'll switch it up and get into another nice ride. The unfortunate part is that practically every component on the car was fairly new and the car was absolutely trouble free. Not to mention all the custom upgrades too many to mention lol.

I'll miss the car for sure.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:41 PM

Wow, very nice looking car. That totally sucks.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:48 AM

Beautiful car. It breaks my heart when cars like these get in accidents. There aren't enough of them left to lose such a nice example
Old 09-15-2017, 03:26 PM

Yeah, really nice. A lot of you guys really customized them to make them your own. I tried to keep mine as original as possible and running.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:50 AM

Thanks. The car ran beautifully. Especially on the highway and trouble free not even the slightest misfire. I just wish I had gotten more pics over the yrs. The shape the original interior probably would have really blown most away. It was mint. I will definitely miss it but if anyone is wanting any parts that are listed in the classifieds let me know. I probably have more than what I've listed so if theres anything you dont see just ask and all prices are negotiable within reason.

Last edited by ac max 92; 10-02-2017 at 07:45 AM.