3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

anyone was at??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 11:05 AM

anyone was at??

Anyone went to Hunts Point last night in the bronx, i was there. there was one of the greatest races i saw, it was two 2001 maximas racin, toe to toe then somehow the white max pulled away. I had a white max with blue lights. Also Any Car clubs in the Queens area? Oh yeah one more thing, im having probs with my car. I just put a exhaust muffle maybe about 1 month and a half ago, i didnt change any of the pipin, now when i drive its take soooo long for my car to switch gears the RPM red lines, when i first got the muffler i could max out with EASE, now it takes so long to max out due to my car takin so long to swicth gears, anyone know what the problem is? im guessin the exhaust muffler needs better pipes such as the y-pipe for more air flow cuz when i floor it the rpm just red lines by the car doesnt go much faster so im thinkin there isnt enough air to give the muffler its full potential, could it be i need a tune up? also my tires are goin bad so can that be the problem? OR could it be the weight in my trunk? i have a spare and a heavy box. someone help me
Old 02-09-2002, 11:14 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: anyone was at??

you just asked that.....

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=97221

Originally posted by MaximaSpeedNYC
Oh yeah one more thing, im having probs with my car. I just put a exhaust muffle maybe about 1 month and a half ago, i didnt change any of the pipin, now when i drive its take soooo long for my car to switch gears the RPM red lines, when i first got the muffler i could max out with EASE, now it takes so long to max out due to my car takin so long to swicth gears, anyone know what the problem is? im guessin the exhaust muffler needs better pipes such as the y-pipe for more air flow cuz when i floor it the rpm just red lines by the car doesnt go much faster so im thinkin there isnt enough air to give the muffler its full potential, could it be i need a tune up? also my tires are goin bad so can that be the problem? OR could it be the weight in my trunk? i have a spare and a heavy box. someone help me
Old 02-09-2002, 11:17 AM

Re: anyone was at??

Originally posted by MaximaSpeedNYC
Anyone went to Hunts Point last night in the bronx, i was there. there was one of the greatest races i saw, it was two 2001 maximas racin, toe to toe then somehow the white max pulled away. I had a white max with blue lights. Also Any Car clubs in the Queens area? Oh yeah one more thing, im having probs with my car. I just put a exhaust muffle maybe about 1 month and a half ago, i didnt change any of the pipin, now when i drive its take soooo long for my car to switch gears the RPM red lines, when i first got the muffler i could max out with EASE, now it takes so long to max out due to my car takin so long to swicth gears, anyone know what the problem is? im guessin the exhaust muffler needs better pipes such as the y-pipe for more air flow cuz when i floor it the rpm just red lines by the car doesnt go much faster so im thinkin there isnt enough air to give the muffler its full potential, could it be i need a tune up? also my tires are goin bad so can that be the problem? OR could it be the weight in my trunk? i have a spare and a heavy box. someone help me
Northeast Forum

Go there, there are a bunch of Max's in Queens always causing havoc on the streets of NYC
Old 02-09-2002, 12:37 PM

Re: Re: anyone was at??

Originally posted by platinumplus
Northeast Forum

Go there, there are a bunch of Max's in Queens always causing havoc on the streets of NYC
those guages are sick! were did you get those?
Old 02-09-2002, 12:48 PM

:(

Hunts point is getting a huge amount of attention from the cops lately. There are virtually no races until after 4..and most people don't stick around till then. I think you better be careful around there, park your car somewhere else and stand up and watch.. You can't even get to go to sunoco to get gas or hang at micky d's. the cops just keep pulling up and telling everyone to leave. Alot of cars have been impounded. I got a ticket for speeding, but luckily it wasn't for speed contest. I'll most likely get off.
Old 02-09-2002, 12:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: anyone was at??

Originally posted by thebull

those guages are sick! were did you get those?
They come standard on 2002 SE's.... but those Fubuki's you got there are pretty tight as well.