3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 08:24 PM

need help

ok my sisters s***box 92 eclipse is having bad problems.... the other day she was driving it down the highway and the chk eng light popped on and the fuel cut until it was down to 2k RPM.... she brought it home and now when u start it could it runs past 2K rpm but it bucks in low gears and there is like no power....and once it warms up the chk eng light comes on and it won't rev past 2K rpm again...i know this isn't an eclipse forum but i got no help over there....any help would be appreciated...oh and btw my 92 SE w/ 45,000 more miles runs a hella a lot better than her s***box
Old 03-02-2002, 07:29 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: need help

Originally posted by MillerTyme
i know this isn't an eclipse forum

whats that called when you answer your own question? go to a mechanic, theyed know best.
Old 03-02-2002, 02:15 PM

Re: need help

this probably doesnt help you, but eclipses are like the worst built cars ever. my friend has a 96 gs-t, and its always in the shop. he had problems with basically every single thing on the car. and i always hear of recalls for them. but his car looks tight, (blitz kit and cf hood) and its kinda quick, (greddy intercooler/blowoff valve) but i think its a piece of sh*t. so my advice to you is tell your sis to take her car to an open parking lot at night, get a can of gasoline and pour it all over the outside and inside of the car, and strike a match. then report it to the insurance as stolen/vandaized.
man, i am rambling. ill shut up now.