3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

legend vs. the VG

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 07:07 PM

legend vs. the VG

my friend just bought a 88 legend stick, i let him drive my 89 stick to compare, he noted that the maxima was a smoother car i but also commented on the fact that that it was a slower automoblie, i told him he souldn't let his mouth write a check his *** couldn't cash, the **** talking resulted in us finding a nice long strip of asphalt to settle the dispute, we positioned our cars hearts pumping, i had doubts in my car because of the legends dohc highend power compared to the maxima wheezing the the highend, but my doubts proved to be dumbfounded
the launch in every race of five when to max 3 litre and my bald tires vs the legends 2.7, to the top of first gear i would have him by about a car or less and then walk foot by foot till the end, by the time we shut it down i would usually have 2 cars on him going about 100, the sore losser told me it was because of my cai and once he gets he intake the tides will turn, but the y pipe for me is on its way, so he can cry all day long
on a side note he let me drive his car and i have to give it up for the clutch and feel of the shifts of the legend, much improved over the maxima's truck like action, but the handling was about as good as a 2 cent *****, but the legend engine does pull very nicely up top due to the dohc like i mentioned before
how do those results sound to you guys, about right? or should i have spanked the **** out of him?
Old 03-10-2002, 07:40 PM

Re: legend vs. the VG

Originally posted by nardo'89SE
my friend just bought a 88 legend stick, i let him drive my 89 stick to compare, he noted that the maxima was a smoother car i but also commented on the fact that that it was a slower automoblie, i told him he souldn't let his mouth write a check his *** couldn't cash, the **** talking resulted in us finding a nice long strip of asphalt to settle the dispute, we positioned our cars hearts pumping, i had doubts in my car because of the legends dohc highend power compared to the maxima wheezing the the highend, but my doubts proved to be dumbfounded
the launch in every race of five when to max 3 litre and my bald tires vs the legends 2.7, to the top of first gear i would have him by about a car or less and then walk foot by foot till the end, by the time we shut it down i would usually have 2 cars on him going about 100, the sore losser told me it was because of my cai and once he gets he intake the tides will turn, but the y pipe for me is on its way, so he can cry all day long
on a side note he let me drive his car and i have to give it up for the clutch and feel of the shifts of the legend, much improved over the maxima's truck like action, but the handling was about as good as a 2 cent *****, but the legend engine does pull very nicely up top due to the dohc like i mentioned before
how do those results sound to you guys, about right? or should i have spanked the **** out of him?
Sounds about right to me. With or without the CAI you would of took him. Well good win
Old 03-10-2002, 07:46 PM

I like the Legend

My girlfriend has an 88 Legend L with only 120,000 mi on it, and I think it's a blast to drive. Handles really well in the snow here in Michigan, too. Quiet, smooth, and very stable in the turns. I wouldn't trade my 91 GXE for it, but it's a great car.

Good kill, by the way.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:10 PM

i like the top end power of the legend but the handling seems very unresponsive, and the steering was totally over boosted, the diciding factor is the aftermarket support for maxima's is far superior
Old 03-10-2002, 08:13 PM

I just got my maxima about a week ago and my cousin are the type if it aint there's it's a piece of crap well he just got a GMC sanoma 2.8 liter and he think its everything. I pulled my maxima in there driveway frist day i got it they was like why you get a family car (because its 4 door).Then they wanted to ride in it i toke them for a ride in it we got a straight a way they call a 1/4 mile. Not really the best 1/4 mile it got a turn in it that is downhill some but his 2.8 liter would get around 75-80 mph down it i toke him and his brother in a ride frist day i got it they thought it was just a family car till i showed them what it had it hit 100 mph to the bridge (stock) not the best but smoked his gmc sanoma he loves so much well now he says its alrite car ever since he rode in it and showed him it would get on it some. he still trying to fix his 2.8 liter moter up and he said once he got flowmaster he could stay beside my maxima he just got them yesturday and now he wont line them up so guess they didnt do as much as he thought they would. If i was him and he really wants to make it a nice truck i would put a 4.3 or a 350 in it but not me and i love my family car as he would call it his probalm not mine just thought i would tell you some people think maxima just a 4 door family car just had to prove him worng
Old 03-10-2002, 08:15 PM

i took an 88 legend in my 92 gxe auto. they are weak. now, the next gen legends, that's a different story...
Old 03-10-2002, 08:29 PM

the 2nd generation legends kind of quick, but heavy, i always wanted a 94 or 95 legend coupe 6 speed, those cars are nice, the 4 sedans aren't my bag though, we'll leave the 4 door sports car to the maxima
Old 03-10-2002, 08:45 PM

LEGENDS

yea .. its a nice car.. with a nice engine, but its under powered
Old 03-10-2002, 09:36 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I wouldn't give too too much credit to that kill on the CAI anyway. A few people complain it actually tends to choke the high-end rather than improve it!

Yeah, one thing about Honda products is that they've always had the BEST clutch/shifter actions IMO.

So you think the Legend handles worse than your SE? I don't know since I never got to drive one, but I was taking a long look at the older Legend because a 5-speed Max (VE or VG) was almost impossible to find in my area! Yet the Legend offered pretty much the same kind of idea as the Maxima (4 door sedan, V6, 5-speed). I never truly doubted I'd join the winning team tho

(BTW, the Legend has worse aftermarket support than the Max?!? Wow now I've seen everything! )
Old 03-10-2002, 09:40 PM

i like the top end power of the legend but the handling seems very unresponsive, and the steering was totally over boosted, the diciding factor is the aftermarket support for maxima's is far superior
definately agree with you on the steeing boost
i got in my friends 90 legend and it seemed so off
we race alot an i win all the time
the only thing that car has on the max in my opinion is handling
the steering still feels ****ty, but i takes turns a bit faster
Old 03-10-2002, 09:57 PM

hey cheezer, what do you mean the legend is underpowered? a 2.7 dohc is to0 shabby, in my book at least-
also, i was checking out legend.org and for the 1st generation theres nos, intake (no cold air), and universal cat backs. i dont know about 2nd generation but there isn't much, in my opinion the maxima has more, were talking legends and not accords or civics, i know hondas have a lot of support and acura is a part of honda but lengends haven't been made for 7 years now, and there just aren't the numbers of people modding their cars that maxima has, if im missing something let me know, im sure my friend will happy to find the parts for his lengend
Old 03-10-2002, 10:09 PM

i was checking out legend.org and for the 1st generation theres nos, intake (no cold air), and universal cat backs. i dont know about 2nd generation but there isn't much, in my opinion the maxima has more, were talking legends and not accords or civics, i know hondas have a lot of support and acura is a part of honda but lengends haven't been made for 7 years now, and there just aren't the numbers of people modding their cars that maxima has, if im missing something let me know, im sure my friend will happy to find the parts for his lengend
Well, I was just going along with the running joke that we've got no aftermarket support. You know things are bad when you find almost as much stuff for the Max as a Toyota Corolla! (Modding a Corolla is soooo wrong in so many ways!)

I'm not Cheezer, but I consider the 2.7L (not the early 2.5L) Legend a rough peer for the VG Max engine-wise, but I'm glad you beat him.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:34 PM

sorry about the mix up i was trying to reply to both you and cheezer in one post, i like the high end punch of the legend but output the lengend is only one more hp, but the maxima has 22 more foot pounds of torque so the maxima is a better everyday driver, i agree with you on the support of the maxima being ****ty but the legend support is almost nonexistant, it busts my ***** when i see 4 or 5 brands making coilovers for civics when nothing exists for us 3rd generation mothter ****ers, but i guess its all about supply and demand, thank you to warpspeed and others who do support the maxima
Old 03-11-2002, 02:50 PM

i ment

well i mean its a nice 2.5L engine but it does not put out as much power as it COULD
Old 03-11-2002, 02:57 PM

Re: legend vs. the VG

I ran my 91 se w my friends i think 86 legend like a year ago. It was a nice car, not as quick as my maxima but close.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:05 PM

the 2.5 is a sohc, like the maxima, and makes 150 hp-not bad considering the maxima makes 160 with a 3.0, in 88 acura introduced the 2.7 dohc producing 161 hp abd 160 ft/tq, the vg would make alot more hp with dohc but i guess thats why the VE was introduced, by the by was there a dohc vg made later for a different car, or i could be smoking crack?
Old 03-11-2002, 07:22 PM
jimmyb

comparing the VG engine to the 2.7L really isnt fair. The VG engine is 4-5 years more advanced. A fairer comparison would be to the 3.2L engine in the 2nd generation legend. Then the maxima looses, especially if compared to a 1993+ 2-dr coupe with 5 or 6 speed. hard to argue with 230 ponies.

I have an 88 legend 2 door, 5 speed and it handles and drives very nicely. The engine is a little tired, but after 240000 miles, I would be a little tired too. The long term durability of the legends are hardly matched by any other vehicle.

My next car looks like it will be a Maxima, though, since finding 1991+ 4-door legends with a 5-speed is next to impossible. The 1992+ maximas seem to be underappreciated and sell for cheap... good bang for the buck, in my book.

Old 03-11-2002, 09:06 PM

the vg has been around since the early 80's in the 2nd generation maxima, in 1989 the vg was refined to suit the new 3rd generation, the 2.7 dohc was introduced in 1988 only one year eariler than the refined vg, if anything the legend engine was using more advanced technology due to it double over-head cams and the vg was 4-5 years behind with single over-head cams, the vg wasn't a cutting edge motor when it was introduced, the 2.7 legend was, then again pushrod power is very old technology but you still see them putting down some good numbers

the 230 ponies you refer to is an engine with dohc so comparing the 2nd generation legend coupe's engine to the vg doesn't work,
Old 03-14-2002, 07:56 PM
pimp

clueless

Old 03-14-2002, 09:04 PM
Legender

the 230 ponies you refer to is an engine with dohc so comparing the 2nd generation legend coupe's engine to the vg doesn't work,
Please excuse this intrusion, but just thought I'd clarify.

The G2 Legends only have a SOHC; even the 230 HP Type II engines (Type I engines put out 200 HP).

Old 03-14-2002, 09:13 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Yes, I wanted to confirm that too.

1987-1990 G1 Legends
Either 4spd auto or 5spd manual
SOHC 2.7L 161hp

1991-1995 G2 L & LS Sedans
Either 4spd auto or 5spd manual
SOHC 3.2L 200hp Type-I

1993-1995 G2 Coupes & 94-95 GS Sedan
Either 4spd auto or 6spd manual
SOHC 3.2L 230hp Type-II

If that Legend is driven correctly it should be able to beat that Maxima. Speaking from experience here

I wanted to add one more thing, about how the original poster said something about the handling being bad on the G1 Legends. The G1 Coupes handled better than any other cars in their class at the time, and still can out handle most Maxima's or the newer generation Legends. That was actually probably the cars strongest point so this guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about.
Old 03-14-2002, 09:30 PM

the handling is good
the steering feel is ****ty
ive driven both the g1 legend and my 91 se quite a bit
the legend has way too much assist, to the point where some road feel is eliminated
my friends legend can definately outhandle my 91 se
but he has some nice potenzas and sport springs(so that helps a bit)
Old 03-15-2002, 12:21 AM

hello

Hello everyone!
Just came to be a part of the family, and spread a little knowledge. THe SOHC thing has already been explained, so no need to beat that horse.

One thing we need to remember is when the Legend came out, alot happened. Biggest thing, that in its time it was a $40k + vehicle.
$40k back in the day was ALOT of money for a car!
Nobody buyin a Legend was trying to mod it. That was for the younger crowd w/ ACcords, Civics, etc. Honda did not see a reason to make an aftermarket for a car that was a refined as this. So, please, let's not forget the ancestry here....Lexus SC's don't have a huge aftermarket either. Sure tehy can *swap* the SC300 motor for the Supra motor, but that's apples and oranges.

Bottom line is I have both, I prefer the coupe, and I have MUCH braggin rights and kills. I am in ATL, will travel

Let's just get along....I have autocrossed my coupe, and will put it up to yours on handling, acceleration, etc. I say we are talking about a heavier car doing some V8 level stuff, and better...

We are working on making an aftermaket available to Legend owners...we are actually doing alot more than you think...FYI, we are working on getting headers...guess how much that will run???
Yeah, as much as a set of 17" wheels would cost you ($800-1300, not installed)...so, I mean Pioneer's is what it takes to make stuff happen, and thats what we are about. Let's respect each other's rides, ACura made the NSX for the sports car, so for the LEgend to run the times it does, I think respect is due.

http://www.legendarylegendz.com/files/march_14.jpg
Old 03-15-2002, 04:43 PM

stock-the maxima is fully independent suspension, the steering is less boosted than the legend, the maxima is about 90 pounds lighter

stock-the legend sedan has a rear beam axel, coupes have full independent, the steering is light in comparison to the maxima, the legend is about 90 pound heavier

you can change up springs on both cars, you can change shocks on both cars, you can swap in a stiffer anti-sway bar for the max (not sure about the legend), you can get a fstb for the max (not sure about the legend) and you can put on fatter tires on both cars,

maxima's have better handling potential, if the maxima or legend handles better stock then that is a personal opinion, but most of us on the board will one day upgrade the suspension

also how did acura make a 3.2 pump out 230 hp with out dohc? varible valve timing?
Old 03-15-2002, 05:43 PM

also how did acura make a 3.2 pump out 230 hp with out dohc? varible valve timing?
Probably, but you can still have 24 valves and only SOHC. It's just another way of actuating the valves. I'm not really sure why some designs have DOHC and others have SOHC, but I imagine it has to do with their preferences in packaging and the way they want their valvetrain to work.
Old 03-15-2002, 06:04 PM

It is sad about our support...but you gotta understand that the 93-97 Toyota Corolla's have absolutely no support except 1 or 2 companies. Just recently some clubs are opening up and making arrangements to make parts. How do i know? haha I used to drive a 93 Corolla...and AutoX it ... hehehe

but i love my 92 5 speed SE... but i'd love to have a 86 toyota corolla ae86 hachiroku hehehe that'd be fun to drift with...hehehe

-h
Old 03-15-2002, 06:47 PM

Hey, i was just going to say that i swapped cars with my friend today so i can change his entire sound system and i got a chance to dog out his car. It is a 95 legend 4 door with the 3.2L v-6. I don't know whether it was DOHC or SOHC but it has excellent top end. It excellerated very well and i went 135 mph in it and i still think i could have gone some more if i kept it pinned. The fastest i could go in my VG is about 122. So i'll give it to the Legend. But the torque on the car is horrible. In my car, if i floor the gass from a dead stop, the tire just start spinning for about 3 seconds. I couldn't even get the tires to spin on the legend. And from a dead stop, flooring it didn't even get my head to kick back till it hit second gear and the RPMs were in the 4000 range.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:49 PM

Personally, I own both a 1990 Acura Legend Coupe, and a 1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan.

It's been said before, but some seem to have missed it as it appears:

-All Legend motors, are SOHC. The only DOHC V6 that I am aware of for Acuras/Hondas is the NSX motor.

-There is NO VTEC on any Legend motors 86-95.

-The first Generation of Legends are as follows:
1986-1990 (SOHC V6 24valve)
2.5L for the Sedans 86-87, then they got the 2.7L 161HP in 88-90
2.7L for all Coupes 87-90, 161HP

-The second Generation of Legends are as follows:
1991-1995 (SOHC V6 24valve)
3.2L TypeI Engine (1991-1995 Sedans & 1991-1992 Coupes) 200HP
3.2L TypeII Engine (1994-1994 GS Sedan & 1993-1995 Coupes) 230HP

That said, having owned both cars, and driving various other cars, I find the Generation 1 Acura Legend, to have the best steering system, I love it, I actually miss it on my G2, which has a more "Normal" system. The G1s system is very accurate, and quite variable when parking, as compared to driving on the freeway. The G2 also has this feature but much less so. They actually played-down this feature in the G2s because many drivers could not get used to it, the only way to appreciate this system is to own the car for a while. There's nothing else like it, the most popular phrase I was told when other people drove my G1 was, "This car drives itself". The way it varies at different speeds and acceleration is just awesome.

Further, I find the 2.7L in the Legend to be quite "peppy" it climbs easily into the 130mph+ range with no problems, the G2 will bring you to 150+ even quicker. The 3.2L TypeII engine in my G2 sedan, is just powerful, period, it's bigger, and more capable than the one in my G1. No other way to put it. I believe the G1 Legend sold for about $35k in its' days. It has, and was always meant to be a luxury car. Aftermarket support has actually just recently started to increase. Which is a good thing for us Legend owners.

Also, the G1 Legend was on Car and Driver's best 10 award in 88,89, and 90. It was the car of the year for Motor-Trend in 1987 when the Coupe was released. G1 stock runs about 16seconds flat. With little mods, intake, exhaust, etc... it runs about 15.4, they don't make headers for our Legends, at least not yet.
Old 03-16-2002, 12:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by disgookonfiya
But the torque on the car is horrible. In my car, if i floor the gass from a dead stop, the tire just start spinning for about 3 seconds. I couldn't even get the tires to spin on the legend. And from a dead stop, flooring it didn't even get my head to kick back till it hit second gear and the RPMs were in the 4000 range.
I myself have actually never driven a sedan, but in my Sedan I can make my tires spin very easily and there is quite a bit of snap when I step on it . Just remember though that when you step on the gas and your tires are spinning, I'll be pulling away from you , and you'll be
Old 03-16-2002, 01:51 PM

LoL SpeedDemon, that's kinda mean

My tires spin all the time with Traction Control off in my G2 if I floor it at start, they spin on my G1 too if I floor it at launch. My friend, has a Maxima, squarish kind, not sure what year, I'll have to ask him, it looked older but was 3.0L V6. He liked my car a lot better (The 90 Legend Coupe) and wanted one. In his car, the cabin felt weak, you didn't feel "at home" when you got into the car. Nothing felt durable, cornering didn't seem very good at all, and the car rattled a bit as speed increased. On the G1 Legend i'll be going 90mph, and not even hear the wind, so you feel like you're going slow, doesn't even feel like the engine is trying until you start to climb over 130mph+ (not good for the cops!)

It's best to always avoid tire spin, does nothing but lose traction and power.
Old 03-16-2002, 04:22 PM

the fact remains i beat a 1988 legend stick 5 times in a row by about a cars length each time (the longer we raced the more i beat him) the race tested low mid and high range because the final two races broke the 100 mph barrier, i thought the legend would walk me over once the launch was over because it makes it torque peak at 4,500 rpm so the high end should be better but my vg continued to extend my lead the longer we raced (i guess the maxima makes good torque up high), if a stock 1988 legend runs a 16 flat, im making some good times with just a cai and a pimp banging the gears
Old 03-17-2002, 02:33 PM

Yes, however, ultimately, the Legend driver might have not been good at stick, and you might be a lot better at it. When I was buying my first car which is my 90L Coupe. I test drove many cars including Nissans. I couldn't afford the G2 Legend I wanted at the time, now I ended up with both. Theirs no way I'm going to part with my G1, I love that car I respect Nissans though, specifically the newer Altimas/Maximas, while not my taste in design, they have really good power.

The one Nissan I truly admire though, is the Skyline.
Old 03-17-2002, 04:53 PM

yeah i would have to credit my pimp driving skills , but his exhaust wasn't good either, i couldn't tell where the problem was but you could only hear it until about 2,500 rpm, what we should have done is raced but me in the legend and him and the max, and see who came out on top,

the bottom line your happy with your legend and im happy with the max, im very suprized with intake and exhaust taking of .6 (i didn't even know they made total exhaust of the legend) if your still posting on maxima.org when your aftermarket legend projects come around post them, that lack of parts was why i went with the maxima
Old 03-18-2002, 12:02 AM

yeah i would have to credit my pimp driving skills , but his exhaust wasn't good either, i couldn't tell where the problem was but you could only hear it until about 2,500 rpm, what we should have done is raced but me in the legend and him and the max, and see who came out on top,

the bottom line your happy with your legend and im happy with the max, im very suprized with intake and exhaust taking of .6 (i didn't even know they made total exhaust of the legend) if your still posting on maxima.org when your aftermarket legend projects come around post them, that lack of parts was why i went with the maxima
will do, just peep your head over to http://www.legendarylegendz.com
We are all import enthusiasts here, and I am glad to see you all are not bashing each other...when aftermarket stuff blows up, it will be awesome!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:06 AM

yeah i checked that out eariler today, it made me feel bad for getting the max and not looking harder for a legend coupe in my price range
Old 03-18-2002, 12:49 AM

Legends are nice cars, and have the advantage of having a "premium car" status among the public. My uncle still has his '87 coupe in good condition. He used to scare the heck outta me when he drove it when I was younger - good performance.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:16 PM

come on now, even maxima owners are taking the legend over the vg, bman you really think the legend out performs the vg? be honest
Old 03-18-2002, 06:38 PM

come on now, even maxima owners are taking the legend over the vg, bman you really think the legend out performs the vg? be honest
To be honest, I don't know. I was just saying they're good cars that also happen to be perceived as more of a status symbol, not that it's better. When I was younger my uncle would give me a lift in his Legend and he drove it really hard - the story was mainly for amusement rather than to draw any conclusions from the experience.

I actaully did consider the Legend in my car shopping, but I'm not here today because of any trivial reasons.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:58 PM
STFU n00b!

[sarcasm] C'mon guys! what happened to those "rebadged Honduh" comments you always make! let's get some flames going here so I'll have something to moderate! [/sarcasm]

I'm impressed.. You children have behaved yourself very nicely in this thread.. Probably because it said nothing about a TT or turbo conversion or anything stupid like that to draw the morons in!

As for my thoughts on the Legend, they're very nice cars, but I wouldn't trade my Max for it. (we're all partial, of course!) I've put waaaay too much work in this thing to get it where I want it to trade and start over.. Even stock I loved this car. Roomy, quiet, fast, tons of room for a system, and somewhat-existant aftermarket support. The only downfall of this car is the damn VTCs..

Handling on the Legend is nimble and confident (must like other Honda products), but at the limits, there seems to be a sharp edge of in/out of control. When the numbers are down on the paper, the Max holds up very well. stock for stock, the Legend wins. Put a new suspension on both, and I'll put my Max up against any Legend that wants to play.

Comfort and Noise in my car are top-notch. The ride is a bit bumpy from the Eibachs and 16s, but I don't complain anymore after riding in a friend's stock Explorer. ugh. trucks. Noise isn't there. I've done quite a bit of sound deadening in it though (about 40lb of dynamat throughout the car), but I can hear myself breathe at 100mph. wind noise picks up about 120+ as my door hinges are worn and the weatherseals don't seal perfectly anymore. starts whistling about 135-140, and is near deafening at 150.. At 140+ speeds, frame flex is causing the sunroof opening to warp and let air in the seals there too, so that's a big factor. The car will easily go that fast, even uphill, but the sheet metal doesn't like it.

Speed? yeah, the newer ones are quick, but the old ones (1990-ish) are butt-slow (compared to my car anyway!).. I was playing with one Friday night and wasn't even trying and still killed it.. I did an easy launch then gave it about 1/2 gas through first (any more and I break the tires loose anyway)... by 5500rpm in 1st, I was several cars ahead.. I did an easy shift into 2nd and waited until he caught up.. then floored it and passed him again within a second. didn't even have to get past 50mph to make him look like a fool. (and yes, he was racing.. he spun a bit on the start and chirped 2nd trying to catch up)

blah blah blah..
Any Legend owners that want to come to Tulsa and play are welcome. The only imports that have been able to take me up till now all have turbos. (a Civic with T3/T4, and modded DSMs. I can hold a stock GSX and WRX if we don't race off the line)

What do you other Legend guys have for 1/4 times? Not that these are 1/4 cars (neither is a Maxima I'll gladly admit!) but it's at least a reference...
only 2 runs I ever had at a track I ran 15.1 and 15.0. Should be well into the 14s if I can ever get back to the track since I know how to launch now.

ramble ramble ramble.. Legends are nice cars, I just wouldn't trade my Max for one.
When the GF's '97 Altima gives up the ghost, it'll definitely be a car that we'll look at.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:56 AM

Well it depends on how much the Legend and has been modded and such. For G1s 2.7L, it's usually 16.0 secs or 15.9secs stock. With a 0-60 of about 8.1secs stock. With some slight mods, I'm talking only intake, exhaust, etc.. You're looking at about 15.5-15.4 in a G1 Legend. Of course their are the guys with turbos in their G1 Legends producing an additional 80HP or so, and then the guys with NOS, those I couldn't tell you the times. You'd have to ask them.

For the G2 TYPEIIs, it's about 6.7-7.2secs 0-60 and about 14.8-15.1 for the 1/4. They weight about 3500-3600lbs those G2s. We have a Legend owner with the following modifications on his car:

Base:
Generation2 Legend Sedan
Automatic

Mods:
NOS
Bayou StageII Chip
Intake/Exhaust

1/4: 13.6 seconds

Some have seen him at the track near the bay area, he also often posts videos and scans of his time slips. Not bad for an Automatic Sedan!!

Quick Reply: legend vs. the VG