3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

? on a few mods, that Bryan H had!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 01:21 AM

? on a few mods, that Bryan H had!

I am going along with some of Bryan H's mods and i have a few questions, if someone has some easy answers.
Custom MAF adapter plate-What is it, how do u make one?
Silencer removed-What is it, were is it?
3z fuel pump-Is this a 300zx pump, what model?
N/A 3z injectors-Are these 300zx injectors, what model?
Thanks if anyone has any info to help me out. I dont want to bother Bryan H, but i dont think he is around anymore anyway.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:32 AM

Re: ? on a few mods, that Bryan H had!

Originally posted by Booner8269
I am going along with some of Bryan H's mods and i have a few questions, if someone has some easy answers.
Custom MAF adapter plate-What is it, how do u make one?
Silencer removed-What is it, were is it?
3z fuel pump-Is this a 300zx pump, what model?
N/A 3z injectors-Are these 300zx injectors, what model?
Thanks if anyone has any info to help me out. I dont want to bother Bryan H, but i dont think he is around anymore anyway.
MAF adapter plate: hooks up filter to MAF (pop charger). I can hook you up
Silencer- part on bottom of intake tube leading to MAF
300Z fuel pump- yeah, from the N/A ZX
injectors- forget the flow rate... ??
Old 03-21-2002, 07:02 AM

MAF adapter plate: hooks up filter to MAF (pop charger). I can hook you up
Silencer- part on bottom of intake tube leading to MAF
So when i put my WSP CAI am i still going to have these? Sill dont know what MAF stands for or does. If i still do have them how do i remove the silencer and make a custom MAF plate.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:25 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by Booner8269

So when i put my WSP CAI am i still going to have these? Sill dont know what MAF stands for or does. If i still do have them how do i remove the silencer and make a custom MAF plate.
all of the stuff will come off when you put the cai in (except the maf it self.)

MAF=mass air flow it bolts to your filter box on one end and the tube that runs to your throttle body on the other end.

you will not need a maf adapter because it comes with the cai and the tube that has the silencer (resinator) will be taken out too.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:27 AM

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-21-2002, 08:07 AM

Bryan H was the man when it came to VE's. Don't even attempt his mods unless you know exactly what every little sensor and gizmo does in your engine. Do you have a VG or VE engine?

The MAF adaptor plate is merely a plate that allows to you mount a cone air filter directly onto the MAF. Think an empty toilet-paper tube sitting on a post-it note with a circle cut out of it. Basically you bolt the post-it note on the MAF (which is square) and then slide the filter (which is circular) over the toilet paper tube. But it's all made out of aluminum instead.

The MAF stands for Mass AirFlow sensor, and in layman's terms, it measures the amount of air entering the engine and tells the computer how much fuel to pass through the injectors to achieve the proper air/fuel ratio. It is a black box with wires coming out of it located somewhere in the intake duct (large plastic tubing) on your engine. If you have a VE, it's on the right side of the engine bay next to the air filter box (huge box). If it's a VG, I believe it's near the battery?
Old 03-21-2002, 08:17 AM

I got a 92SE VE 5spd like Bryan i dont know what every little sensor does but i have open ears . Fuel pump anf injectors arent that big of a deal really, i dont think anyway.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:24 AM

Don't worry about fuel pump or injectors unless they are broken. You'll need to have a LOT of engine mods before you need to worry about those. The stock fuel system can handle quite a bit now. Only worry about the fuel system if you a planning a custom turbo (which I've never seen on a VE), a complete N/A (normally aspirated ie- no turbo) motor build up with higher compression pistons and all, or a big shot of nitrous.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:58 AM

Don't worry about fuel pump or injectors unless they are broken. You'll need to have a LOT of engine mods before you need to worry about those. The stock fuel system can handle quite a bit now. Only worry about the fuel system if you a planning a custom turbo (which I've never seen on a VE), a complete N/A (normally aspirated ie- no turbo) motor build up with higher compression pistons and all, or a big shot of nitrous.
I want to bore my throttle body, is there somthing like doing somthing with the intake plenum or somthing. Basically if i get this done, what all has to be done?