3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

1989-1994 maxima's

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 02:21 PM

1989-1994 maxima's

Im just wondering hwo many 3rd gen maxima's get fixed up. I live in a average size town and i dont see any 3rd gen maxima's fixed up except mine but all i really have is wheels right now.It's cool riding around and everyone like damn look at that car wow its a maxima.Most people around here drive 4x4's and some people have cars fixed up like,civic's,cavalier's,mustang's,trans am's,s10's,eclipse's,rangers.I mean my car is a 89 maxima with wheels but it turns head all time .Maybe i like it more then civic;s and other cause its diffrent there too many mustang,civic's,that cruise the roads now days.The reason i made this post is cause i was reading 4 gen forum and they have a topic about what they do when they see other maxima's.I was wondering what you guys do when you see others i dont do anything cause everyone i see is stock 3 gen maxima that is.But some of you guys live in bigger cityies how many maxima do you guys go by thats fixed up just wondering if its slim everywhere..
Old 03-27-2002, 02:34 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: 1989-1994 maxima's

Originally posted by maxima_mike2002 I was wondering what you guys do when you see others i dont do anything cause everyone i see is stock 3 gen maxima that is.
in my area its "ricer central" so everypne has some type of Honda with stickers and an exhaust tip on it, so I'm kinda the outcast(much, much faster than most of them, thank God!) anyways I barely see any modded 3rd gens other than the 3-4 in my club(the rest of the 20 or so guys are 4th and 5th gens)...its kinda cool though being the only modded 3rd gen in my area though, because the overeager Honda boys always underestimate me and end up getting whooped!
Old 03-27-2002, 03:33 PM

Re: Re: 1989-1994 maxima's

Originally posted by DA-MAX

in my area its "ricer central" so everypne has some type of Honda with stickers and an exhaust tip on it, so I'm kinda the outcast(much, much faster than most of them, thank God!) anyways I barely see any modded 3rd gens other than the 3-4 in my club(the rest of the 20 or so guys are 4th and 5th gens)...its kinda cool though being the only modded 3rd gen in my area though, because the overeager Honda boys always underestimate me and end up getting whooped!
i see 3rd gens all the time, i saw at least 15 today, i point them all out to my friends ( i point out the fact that their antenna is broken also...) but every rarely do i see any that have anything more than tint, and that's just very common in south florida...
Old 03-27-2002, 04:10 PM

i started hanging out with a few guys here in ohio, and they were all like "woah, i've never seen a nissan maxima done up before!" hehehe i love it!
Old 03-27-2002, 05:27 PM

Ive only had mine for like a month but all i have is wheels.my antenna is broken also .i dont have mine tinted yet but really would look better tinted.yea my sister had a 97 civic ex i drove it sometimes to pick up pizza.It was real slow compared to my maxima ill race civic's all day with my stock maxima gxe .and around here i probaly beat 9 out of ten most are fixed up for looks only there like 4-5 that probaly deck out moters .
Old 03-27-2002, 07:00 PM

modded maxima's

well, around here where i live in miami, fl. i've only seen one with the stillen kit, about 3 other ones that r just dropped (including mine) and other about 7 or 8 that just have rims but thats about it. but from what i know im the only one here in miami with the bmw conversion. i've had about 5 guys goin' crazy cuz they kept going to performance shops in search of the bmw headlights and the guys at the shops were clueless cuz they have never heard or seen this mod on a 3rd gen. so when they r tired of askin' and looking they come up to me. but other than that i see a couple here and there that r ok but all of them have broken antennas but thank god my antenna isn't broken yet and damn for a '93 gxe thats good!!!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:04 PM

modded 3rd gens...

I had never seen a modded 3rd gen (outside of my own) until I came to Maxima.org. I still haven't seen one with more than tint or an exhaust tip around, and yes my antenna is broken as well!! I guess no matter where ya go we're pretty much outcasts...

Indianapolis is also full of ricers in Hondas with no respect for a real car with a real engine and are always underestimating the power of Nissan.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i live in a little hic town (deadland, fl) and ive only seen one 3rd gen max that had rims...it was recently when i was goin to publix...r u out there???? it makes me sick b/c the rest i see r mostly gxe's and some r really badly taken care of ...btw, my antenna was broke but i gots a new 1 just one of the many things on this car that were wrong when i got it, but i wouldnt trade it 4 anything! (one day it will b perfect...im gettin there)
Old 03-27-2002, 09:36 PM

It's the same here in VT. I think that I'm the only one with a modded or good looking 3rd gen around here. All of the other ones I see are rusted or not in good shape at all. In Vermont there are a few modded cars but not a lot compared to other states. I haven't even seen any newer Maxima's that are modded. The thing I like about having a Maxima around here is that I'm different from everyone else and it's cool. Everyone else has Integra's, Civic's, Cavalier's, etc.
Old 03-27-2002, 09:59 PM
STFU n00b!

there's tons of 3rd gens here, but 99.9% of them are stock (owned by middle aged women who could care less other than to get from point A to B).

there's a few modded ones around here, but not much. ran into some butt-ugly rice on one today though.. green neons everywhere, strobes, all bulbs green, nozzle lights, etc...
then he told me he was part of a company that makes mods for Maximas and they're working on a turbocharger kit... "you've seen those electric ones, haven't you? we've modified one of those for more power."

here's this guy thinking he's cool with this "turbo" and all, and he's talking to one of the few that actually do have a real turbo in the works.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:17 PM

i have yet to see another with dual exhaust.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:49 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally posted by flyry110
there's one in another nearby city..

also one here in town with a full stillen bodykit (minus rear bumper piece.. ripped off or something).. but he's got a turndown just in front of his rear suspension.. like you'd see on a domestic... hehee

VE auto at that.. I tried to race him, but the first time he did a nautral drop at 40mph, I decided he was either too stupid or crazy to mess with.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE

there's one in another nearby city..

but he's got a turndown just in front of his rear suspension.. like you'd see on a domestic... hehee

?? I don't understand what you mean, Matt.
turndown??
Old 03-27-2002, 11:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by nismo1989

?? I don't understand what you mean, Matt.
turndown??
I think he means that guy did his duals by having the exhaust exit somewhere infront of his rear suspension with a couple turndown exhaust tips to blow the exhaust towards the ground. Sooooo ghetto!

Over here in Western Canada there's not that many modded Maximas around at all. Plenty of riced-out Civics and Accords, but only a few modded Maxes of ANY Gen around (and until he gets new wheels his S/C'ed Max is a super sleeper!) and only ONE white 3rd Gen I've seen with 17" or 18" rims and tints, but he's not here! So alone!
Old 03-28-2002, 02:09 PM

Originally posted by maxima_mike2002
Im just wondering hwo many 3rd gen maxima's get fixed up. I live in a average size town and i dont see any 3rd gen maxima's fixed up except mine but all i really have is wheels right now.It's cool riding around and everyone like damn look at that car wow its a maxima.Most people around here drive 4x4's and some people have cars fixed up like,civic's,cavalier's,mustang's,trans am's,s10's,eclipse's,rangers.I mean my car is a 89 maxima with wheels but it turns head all time .Maybe i like it more then civic;s and other cause its diffrent there too many mustang,civic's,that cruise the roads now days.The reason i made this post is cause i was reading 4 gen forum and they have a topic about what they do when they see other maxima's.I was wondering what you guys do when you see others i dont do anything cause everyone i see is stock 3 gen maxima that is.But some of you guys live in bigger cityies how many maxima do you guys go by thats fixed up just wondering if its slim everywhere..
i live in san diego, which is the rice rocket capital of the u.s., and i see everything imaginably possible, from riced out kias, to riced out buick rivieras, to nice looking cars, like tuned m3's and supras. ive even seen a r33 skyline once at the illegal races. (i almost had an orgasm) but ive seen my share of modded 3rd gen maximas. ive seen the ghetto style, like gold maximas on dayton 100 spokers and airbags, and ive seen nice looking maximas with stillen kits and good performance mods. i have seen one with dual exhaust too. and then ive seen riced out maximas with those huge ugly aluminum wings, with huge nissan stickers all over the cars, and they have like a yellow paint jobs, or baby blue or something like that. and the only performance mods they have are like a big exhaust tip the black steel wheels they put on the front. so if you want to see a large range of modded cars, come to san diego. but be warned, most of them are civics and integras.
Old 03-28-2002, 02:26 PM

Re: modded 3rd gens...

I had never seen a modded 3rd gen (outside of my own) until I came to Maxima.org. I still haven't seen one with more than tint or an exhaust tip around, and yes my antenna is broken as well!! I guess no matter where ya go we're pretty much outcasts...

Indianapolis is also full of ricers in Hondas with no respect for a real car with a real engine and are always underestimating the power of Nissan.
that's the good part about this car. you're original. i haven't done any performance mods yet, but i have a custom black/blue interior and a new black paint job and i just keep it looking nice and everyone tells me how awesome it is...so once i start doing more major mods, it's gonna be like damn...and there are honda ricers everywhere, hence all the aftermarket availability for them (only bad part of being one of a few) and unfortunately (or fortunately) they'll never learn that stock maxima's are generally better than them even with a few bolt-ons...
Old 04-02-2002, 09:22 PM

I have

I live in Hurst a.k.a BFE texas, and my across the street neighbor has a 3rd gen with dual exhaust, wheels, tint, and it was dropped. BUt it still had a working antenna. But me, I have NO antenna. Some homo stole it off my car when it was in the school parking lot. But i didn't lose any reception, so i'm kool with it.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:50 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: I have

Originally posted by 3rdGenMax_621

I live in Hurst a.k.a BFE texas, and my across the street neighbor has a 3rd gen with dual exhaust, wheels, tint, and it was dropped. BUt it still had a working antenna. But me, I have NO antenna. Some homo stole it off my car when it was in the school parking lot. But i didn't lose any reception, so i'm kool with it.
He stole your ANTENNA?!? Man, something's not right there! (BTW, haven't heard the word "homo" used since junior high! )

Get some pics of your neighbor's car!!!!
Old 04-03-2002, 02:39 AM

Re: Re: I have

Originally posted by Bman
He stole your ANTENNA?!? Man, something's not right there! (BTW, haven't heard the word "homo" used since junior high! )

Get some pics of your neighbor's car!!!!
Where I live, they steal antennas and use em for crack pipes...
Old 04-03-2002, 06:36 AM

do you guys have something against them honda boys. I mean everytime a race or mod issue comes up, it usually about how the honda boys screws everything up. Do we really hate them honda THAT much?? Or maybe it's just me, after getting my *** handed to me by an accord DX
Old 04-03-2002, 06:50 AM

i don't think i've ever lost to a non hybrid honda. . . . . . oh wait, one turbo. . . . .
Old 04-03-2002, 07:00 AM

i don't think i've ever lost to a non hybrid honda. . . . . . oh wait, one turbo. . . . .
try racing a prelude, don't their h22a engine have 200 horsey.
now that would be an interesting race.
Old 04-03-2002, 08:04 AM

i have before. they're close. the lude is only like 150 lbs lighter or something like that. . . . right now i'm driving a 92 4WS that's my sister's till my car's done. it's got the H23A, not quite the H22 but it still scoots. ..
Old 04-03-2002, 08:15 AM

i have before. they're close. the lude is only like 150 lbs lighter or something like that. . . . right now i'm driving a 92 4WS that's my sister's till my car's done. it's got the H23A, not quite the H22 but it still scoots. ..

are you telling me you beat the lude. The lude is lighter and has more horsey and you still beat it. But then again they have around 150 torque so i guess the race was like 50 feet long
Old 04-03-2002, 08:43 AM

190 hp vs 190 hp. check the specs, they're not that much lighter. they're a 15 second car. i'm hoping for mid 14's and i ran a 15.2 with just an intake and springs and a slipping clutch. like i said it was close. i own my sister's though.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by maxima_mike2002
Im just wondering hwo many 3rd gen maxima's get fixed up. I live in a average size town and i dont see any 3rd gen maxima's fixed up except mine but all i really have is wheels right now.D
Well here in Adelaide, Australia I haven't seen or heard of any fixed up Maximas apart from really basic stuff like alloy wheels and tinting. Thats because 1. no one here sells any performance parts for Maximas and 2. If you could afford to buy a Maxima and all the bits you needed to hot it up then you could afford a Sylvia or R32/R33 Skyline. I guess I'm lucky my Maxima is good enough for me.
Incidentally, does any-one know if the standard 5 spoke R33 Skyline wheels will fit straight on to a 1990 Maxima? I have a mate who's got a '93 GTS-t and he hates the wheels. I reckon they would look great in my car and he will let me have them cheap if they fit. I can't be bothered taking a wheel off each car just to see if they fit.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:39 AM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

well i live in dallas ,tx

and for such a big city and I get around I never see any mods more than crome wheels (in the hood) and lots of moded 4G's ,but no 3G's but like the other guy said its kind of cool to be the only one but I wish I had at least 1 moded 3G max to hag with sometimes
Old 06-29-2002, 09:29 PM
lp

Originally posted by aussiemax
Well here in Adelaide, Australia I haven't seen or heard of any fixed up Maximas
Then you never seen or heard mine.

Bridgestone Tyre Centre at Noarlunga will hook you up with Whiteline or K-Mac sways, any of the different lowered springs, Konis and camber kit. They did a good job on my 3rd Gen, talk to Rob.

D&T in the city can fabricate a mean set of headers/y-pipe/exhaust as well as CAI setups. They're expensive but the work is top notch.

So are you the gold 3rd Gen that went past me on South Rd a couple weeks ago?
Old 06-29-2002, 09:52 PM

There are a couple in my town, but they are all 4th gens. I'm the only one in my town holding down the modded 3rd gen fort, or at least that I know of.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: 1989-1994 maxima's

Originally posted by lp

Then you never seen or heard mine then.
Not yet.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:04 PM

there's acutally quite afew around here, they just look like rice rockets
Old 06-29-2002, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
there's acutally quite afew around here, they just look like rice rockets
lol, let me guess whos that is, ahahahahahahahaha
MrGone
Old 06-29-2002, 10:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

1989-1994 maxima's

Originally posted by lp

So are you the gold 3rd Gen that went past me on South Rd a couple weeks ago?
No, mine is white.
Thanx for the info.
Old 06-30-2002, 05:29 AM

Lousiville, KY & Knoxville, TN

Here in Louisville, I've seen one that had dual exhaust, nice rims, lowered, and a body kit. I've seen a bunch with tinted windows and rims, but there are a lot of Maximas around here pulling family sedan duty.
At school in Knoxvegas, I've seen a few moded max's that have been lowered, rims, tint and stuff like that. Moded Max's are around, but few and far between. I like my car, but the age is showing physically and mechanically - I spent $600 on tires and ball joints yesterday.

Also, my antenna is broken too, but I stole someone else's to smoke some crack with J/K
Old 06-30-2002, 08:40 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I'm almost firmly in the belief that I'm in the "patootie" of America (Grand Forks, ND). And I've yet to see ANY modded Max driving around (although, I DID see a white 4th gen with what appeared to be a Stillen kit and tint the other day...) But I keep my car as shiny as possible, even with a slight ding in my driver's door, and everyone (even the so-called "ricers") comments on how nice my car looks/sounds/flies.

I'm betting once I put my kit on, tint my windows, and put in my BMW HID's, the "ooh-aahh" factor is gonna hit the roof!

And I've raced 'ludes and Civics, even with the oxygen starvation I get from having my restrictive intake, with only 1 loss thus far {heck, I didn't know that HX had turbo in it 'til the BOV did the proverbial "whisss"}
Old 06-30-2002, 11:49 AM

Originally posted by aussiemax

Well here in Adelaide, Australia I haven't seen or heard of any fixed up Maximas apart from really basic stuff like alloy wheels and tinting. Thats because 1. no one here sells any performance parts for Maximas and 2. If you could afford to buy a Maxima and all the bits you needed to hot it up then you could afford a Sylvia or R32/R33 Skyline. I guess I'm lucky my Maxima is good enough for me.
Incidentally, does any-one know if the standard 5 spoke R33 Skyline wheels will fit straight on to a 1990 Maxima? I have a mate who's got a '93 GTS-t and he hates the wheels. I reckon they would look great in my car and he will let me have them cheap if they fit. I can't be bothered taking a wheel off each car just to see if they fit.
No, they won't fit . I guess you could make them fit with spacers and such, I don't know. I do know that they won't just bolt on to a FWD Maxima.
Old 06-30-2002, 11:28 PM
lp

Re: Re: Re: 1989-1994 maxima's

No, they won't fit . I guess you could make them fit with spacers and such, I don't know. I do know that they won't just bolt on to a FWD Maxima.
Alot of R33's arrive in Australia with the same five spoke/stud 16 inch wheels as the later US 240SX. So if those are the wheels aussiemax is referring to, they will bolt straight onto the 3rd Gen with no problem.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:09 AM

My antenna still works. I've seen a few 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen Maximas. But none were really fixed up, just rims. The rest are messed up. If only we could get some .Org stickers to put on our cars. We could recognize each other that way (been waiting a while for the stickers).
Old 07-01-2002, 06:25 PM

Upper East TN

There are less than 4, including mine that I've seen fixed up. I saw one that had GT-R stickers on each rear 1/4 and chrome wheels. Another had a Grnd Fx kit on it and lowered. Then there's JRicker on here who has done a crap load to his, very sweet. Otherwise, I usually get approached for Q's about mods and what I've done and how by wannab's who get upset if you price them any mod over $50! I'm like, "that will buy you a lot of stickers x5hp each.....here ya go! Boys pulled up just the other day and asked if you could swap an auto tranny with a manual? Another boy stopped by my shop with Q's about my BMW headlights. My dad has also bought both my sisters both a maxima just so he doesn't have to work on them, he sends them to me!
Old 07-01-2002, 08:07 PM

I see 25-30 3rd gen maxima's everyday..

Quick Reply: 1989-1994 maxima's