3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

sell max

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2002, 09:24 PM

sell max

I think im about to sell my max for a new car.Ill probaly get a civic hatchback.well just thought i tell you guys
Old 03-31-2002, 10:07 PM

civic hatch?
why not get somethin with power

ive been considering gettin a gen 2 eclipse gsx
cuz they just are better for me
the max is a big too big for me
but i wanna keep it around
Old 03-31-2002, 10:12 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

why you selling it?? a civic hatch will be a fun car to mod, but until you mod it, its gonna be butt *** slow!!! without forced induction any Civic besides the 99+ SIs is garbage!
Old 03-31-2002, 11:27 PM

Re: sell max

Originally posted by maxima_mike2002
I think im about to sell my max for a new car.Ill probaly get a civic hatchback.well just thought i tell you guys
hey man, thanks for telling us, really. i really dont know what kind of reaction from us you are seeking, though. after all, this is a maxima forum, not a civic forum.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:51 AM

Re: sell max

Originally posted by maxima_mike2002
Yes finally someone on my note, im selling my max too gettina 96 civic EX . after summer, im getting a bike for the summer, so need for a car....
Old 04-01-2002, 12:16 PM

Re: Re: sell max

ok, heres the deal. if you want a fast car, get a civic, but do not spend anymore money on getting an ex or si. its pointless. get a dx or hx, and drop a b16 or a gsr motor in there. or if youre really dying to be the fastest, drop a prelude h22 in there. a motor swap is the only way to go now. it is getting to be so common now that i isnt even that expensive to do anymore. whats the point of modding a 130hp engine, when you can get 180hp off an engine alone, without turbo. my best friends brother has a 99 hx with an h22 engine. theres 200hp off the motor alone. he also has dc headers, greddy exhaust, apexi vtec controller, and other upgrades, not to mention he just got t3 turbo. my god it is the fastest car i have ever seen. check this site out http://www.hcpengineering.com/ thats his car, the silver one. if you do what he did, you will never be beat. ever.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:28 PM

Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by matt1sd
ok, heres the deal. if you want a fast car, get a civic, but do not spend anymore money on getting an ex or si. its pointless. get a dx or hx, and drop a b16 or a gsr motor in there. or if youre really dying to be the fastest, drop a prelude h22 in there. a motor swap is the only way to go now. it is getting to be so common now that i isnt even that expensive to do anymore. whats the point of modding a 130hp engine, when you can get 180hp off an engine alone, without turbo. my best friends brother has a 99 hx with an h22 engine. theres 200hp off the motor alone. he also has dc headers, greddy exhaust, apexi vtec controller, and other upgrades, not to mention he just got t3 turbo. my god it is the fastest car i have ever seen. check this site out http://www.hcpengineering.com/ thats his car, the silver one. if you do what he did, you will never be beat. ever.
exactly my point
96 HX easily for $5000 and ur just about $10k away from a 10 sec car more or less
Old 04-01-2002, 01:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: sell max

before i was thinking getting EX but after some research theres no point.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:35 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

exactly my point
96 HX easily for $5000 and ur just about $10k away from a 10 sec car more or less
why a honda? $2000 for a 5.0 stang. $3000 for mods..it'll rip a new one in the honda. save the $10K...think bigger..no replacement for displacement (except boost).
Old 04-01-2002, 04:14 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by DanNY

why a honda? $2000 for a 5.0 stang. $3000 for mods..it'll rip a new one in the honda. save the $10K...think bigger..no replacement for displacement (except boost).
Or get a 93 or newer Camaro 6 speed they should be reasonable now. I have a friend that has a Mustang with a Turbo on it and it has been through 3 owners without getting the bugs worked out of it. He finally got it right and traded it to his dad (ugh), anyway I rode with him the other day and that car is BAD!!! I have been in and driven some fast cars but this car was just awesome. It made me want a turbo car so bad...oh well I will eventually finish my chevelle and have my little Wyand (under the hood) blower.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by DanNY

True. but then I would spend 6 out of 7 days in the shop fixing the damn ford.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:40 PM
bjyang

i feel u maxima mike2002. i kno how u feel. Man, i spend soo much money to keep the max running...recently i've been thinking about getting a new car too. More leaning towards a 94+ integra gsr. ..but prob...end up wit a crx. A friend of mine got a gsr engine so...if i grab a crx....swap it witht the gsr and i'll be flyin.. dont get me wrong tho'....i love my max. especially bcuz its soo roomy. Well this is just my opinion......not 100 percent sure bout the new car yet but we'll see what happens. and good luck with ur decision maxima mike!!
bj yang

Old 04-01-2002, 10:03 PM

This whole thread makes me sick!
Old 04-02-2002, 12:13 AM

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
This whole thread makes me sick!
i know man. what the hell have we come to? this is a maxima forum, not a honda forum. i feel like im a sellout to my maxima. im sorry.
Old 04-02-2002, 01:49 AM

i know man. what the hell have we come to? this is a maxima forum, not a honda forum. i feel like im a sellout to my maxima. im sorry.
I can see someone upgrading to a audi S4 or Volvo T5 or AWDR BUT A HONDA. I would never give my max up for a honda faster or not! I love having a big trunk, space inside to stretch, luxury feel, 4 doors and power above class competition.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by bjyang
Man, i spend soo much money to keep the max running...recently i've been thinking about getting a new car too. More leaning towards a 94+ integra gsr. ..but prob...end up wit a crx. A friend of mine got a gsr engine so...if i grab a crx....swap it witht the gsr and i'll be flyin.. dont get me wrong tho'....i love my max. especially bcuz its soo roomy. Well this is just my opinion......not 100 percent sure bout the new car yet but we'll see what happens. and good luck with ur decision maxima mike!!
bj yang
obviously if you cant maintain your own maxima, at the moment even when its probably the easiest car i have ever worked on and the maxima is very reliable.. and your thinking about getting another car and wanting to swap the motors?

if you cant maintain the car u have now correctly, your not ready to be swapping motors from car to car.
Old 04-04-2002, 12:55 PM
bjyang

viously if you cant maintain your own maxima, at the moment even when its probably the easiest car i have ever worked on and the maxima is very reliable.. and your thinking about getting another car and wanting to swap the motors?

if you cant maintain the car u have now correctly, your not ready to be swapping motors from car to car. [/B][/QUOTE]

man...its not even that. I've spend over 1500 on the car in less than a year! new clutch/starter/axle/exhaust/fender/hood/trunk....and on and on. If i could maintain it.....hhow did i manage to do everything myself. How did i manage to pull another maxima motor thats still sitting in my garage myself?? And still...theres a problem that i cant discover. Now i got that ticking noise. I love my car.....if i didnt...would i have done all that to it?? think about it!! Its just that i sppent soo much time/effort/money into that im thinking about a new car!!

Old 04-04-2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by bjyang
viously if you cant maintain your own maxima, at the moment even when its probably the easiest car i have ever worked on and the maxima is very reliable.. and your thinking about getting another car and wanting to swap the motors?

if you cant maintain the car u have now correctly, your not ready to be swapping motors from car to car.
man...its not even that. I've spend over 1500 on the car in less than a year! new clutch/starter/axle/exhaust/fender/hood/trunk....and on and on. If i could maintain it.....hhow did i manage to do everything myself. How did i manage to pull another maxima motor thats still sitting in my garage myself?? And still...theres a problem that i cant discover. Now i got that ticking noise. I love my car.....if i didnt...would i have done all that to it?? think about it!! Its just that i sppent soo much time/effort/money into that im thinking about a new car!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Forget the max go with a Honda Civic or CRX which suits you.
Old 04-04-2002, 01:52 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by awsm66

Or get a 93 or newer Camaro 6 speed they should be reasonable now. I have a friend that has a Mustang with a Turbo on it and it has been through 3 owners without getting the bugs worked out of it. He finally got it right and traded it to his dad (ugh), anyway I rode with him the other day and that car is BAD!!! I have been in and driven some fast cars but this car was just awesome. It made me want a turbo car so bad...oh well I will eventually finish my chevelle and have my little Wyand (under the hood) blower.
I know I shouldn't be continuing this non-Max thread but I have a question awsm. This Ford of your friend's. Is it an aftermarket turbo or is it a Mustang SVO? SVO's are bad***ed cars if you can find one.
Old 04-04-2002, 02:46 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

Originally posted by John in Philly

I know I shouldn't be continuing this non-Max thread but I have a question awsm. This Ford of your friend's. Is it an aftermarket turbo or is it a Mustang SVO? SVO's are bad***ed cars if you can find one.
the svo is the ugliest thing that i have ever seen. a guy up the street from me has one, and i always see him out there revving on civics. its kinda funny. i dont think that he was talking about an svo in this thread though.
Old 04-04-2002, 06:49 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: sell max

the svo is the ugliest thing that i have ever seen. a guy up the street from me has one, and i always see him out there revving on civics. its kinda funny. i dont think that he was talking about an svo in this thread though.
No it is not a svo it is a 5.0 GT. I think it was custome done though and not a kit because so many people (that didn't know about turbos) worked on it to get all the bugs out.

I don't know what kind of times it will run since he hasn't been to the track since he got it running right but I am gonna guess low 11s or high 10s. I may be way off but I have ridden in some mid 11 cars and this car felt a lot stronger. I try to talk his dad out of it every time I see him and I have always been a Chevy man but that big turbo on the v8 is just awesome.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:16 AM

Lets all stick to maxima talk, you are now making me want to sell my max, and i dont want to do that.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by MaxManMo420
Lets all stick to maxima talk, you are now making me want to sell my max, and i dont want to do that.
You know what you are right...sorry bout that Its just I know a lot more about American muscle than Import muscle(learning) because it is all I have ever mess with growing up...hence my name awsm66--my car tag for my 66 Chevelle...and when the conversation goes that way I definately can give my .02.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm needing a caw

Mazda R100 w/ a 20B + turbo. Less than 2000lbs + 400-500hp. Any questions?