3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I want to buy working Bose Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 04:34 PM

I want to buy working Bose Equipment

I want to buy 3rd Gen Bose Stuff that is in good working condition. Mainly Amps, and Head Units. But Please post or email/pm me with what all you got.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:59 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Re: I want to buy working Bose Equipment

Originally posted by maximatic
I want to buy 3rd Gen Bose Stuff that is in good working condition. Mainly Amps, and Head Units. But Please post or email/pm me with what all you got.
I just posted the other day...

I have the front Bose speakers/amps/enclosers, lol, all the crap in the big box in the door.

Perfect working condition, just took them out of my car cuz I'm taking all the Bose stuff out and putting in a component system and amps.

E-mail me if you're interested:

Jim@Logical-Approach.com
Old 04-22-2002, 06:32 PM

Re: I want to buy working Bose Equipment

1 question: why? youre probably going to pay the same as you would an aftermarket system, and let me tell you if the bose system you get is used, good luck with not blowing the amps. theres a lot of trouble that comes with older bose systems. i just took mine out and put in aftermarket speakers and it makes a world of difference.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:38 PM

Will you sell it then?

Originally posted by matt1sd

1 question: why? youre probably going to pay the same as you would an aftermarket system, and let me tell you if the bose system you get is used, good luck with not blowing the amps. theres a lot of trouble that comes with older bose systems. i just took mine out and put in aftermarket speakers and it makes a world of difference.
I think that the Bose System is extremley high quality. So then would you be willing to sell me yours that you removed?
Old 04-23-2002, 04:42 PM

Non-Working Too

I will also purchase broken equipment too, even though I posted for working.
Old 04-23-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: Non-Working Too

I will also purchase broken equipment too, even though I posted for working.
I will sell you my complete system from my 1992 Nissan Maxima SE which is all bose.

1) The rear 6x9s work great and so do their amps
2) The front passenger side setup is perfect and works great, but the drivers side speaker needs some work, but the drivers side housing and amp is perfect
3) I also have a bose exterior module to tweak the amplifier gain if you are interested.

I would really welcom the opportunity to sell all this as I have converted over to Boston Accoustics in the rear already and need a little extra money right now to finish the front conversion over to a Boston Accoustics Pro 65.3. Please contact me asap with an amount you think is fair to pay and we can go from there!

Jared E. Seymour
3449 Lannette Lane
Lexington, KY 40503
Email: DJTHRILLA2@aol.com
AIM: DJThrilla2
Home Phone: (859) 224-9551 (usually busy as I am online or doing buisness)
Old 04-23-2002, 07:15 PM

i've got the rear 6X9's outta my 93 se. works good. no amps though.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:34 PM

Originally posted by atulb84
i've got the rear 6X9's outta my 93 se. works good. no amps though.
me too.
Old 04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hi,
I have my factory BOSE equipment in plastic bags and brown "lunch" paper bags and labeled.

I have:
-(2) front 4" speakers
-(2) front Amps.
-(2) rear 6x9 speakers
-(2) rear Amps. (still in car, looked like a pain to remove, but they are unpowered right now.
-(1) Bose AM/FM/Cass. Head Unit.

All the speakers and amps are perfect, atleast I think so. They sound great and theyre 100% good.
However the head unit, well couple things wrong.
1) I think that the LCD in the unit is bad because it wont display the station, however it will light up AM or FM and the cassette works fine.
2) When the unit is cold it makes a noise that is like when you blow into a microphone. I talked to a car-toys technician and he said that there was some dust in the volume ****. makes sense cause if just raise and lower the volume it will go away.

anyway, make me a fair offer too.
I was planning on keeping this equipment for if i sell the car or if I get a new one but i know how much of a pain it is to get this stuff, especially in good order.

Can anyone tell me about the LCD on the head unit though, i have always been curious about that.
thanks.
MrGone
Old 04-24-2002, 11:10 PM

i will sell the entire bose system: rear 6x9's, amps, front 4" pods and amps, and the headunit that is missing the volume ****. make me an offer and i'll get back to you. glwgb@aol.com AIM: gavinferrer
Old 04-25-2002, 08:11 AM

JUST REPAIR THE SYSTEM!!

Hope this helps...

Courtesy of Bryans maxima page (http://members.csinet.net/tisch/maxima/)

I've found three places on the Internet.

1. http://www.davescoolstuff.com/ They offer new amplifiers for $110

2. http://www.willmanselectronics.com/nissan.htm Here is a place that will repair Bose speakers/amps for a flat rate of $75.

3. http://www.boserepair.com/html/nissan.htm Here is a place that will repair Bose speakers/amps for $89.