3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 11:49 PM

need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

i have a pop filter and no mounting bracket.. it just flops...I bought it with out the breaket.. and i have taken out my stock box... s there any place i can get one? anyone? how much and where can i get this... Is home depot a option?
Old 04-24-2002, 04:18 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I just thought of something

at home depot you can get this stuff they use to hang pipes, its a strip of metal with holes for screws in it, its not a rigid as the original braket but it would probably do te trick, it looks sorta like this
___
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |
| o |

like the edges of old computer paper, the part you tear off, but made out of metal.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: I just thought of something

I used an old radio bracket (the flat metal with holes for the back of radios) You might try that if you have an old radio around...if not try a car audio place because they probably have a lot laying around since most cars don't use them.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I just made one today. My used JWT didn't come with one and it looks like the previous owner didn't use it either, judging by the rub marks on the filter.

I took a scrap peice of sheetmetal I had lying around (pretty thin, but it worked). Took some tinsnips and cut a long strip of it (ugly!). Then I bent it to the right contour and drilled 2 holes in it (note: if you can't find your titanium bits, FIND them!!) Gave it a quick and dirty coat of paint and bolted it in. Voila!

I bolted it down at one of the bolts that holds that bracket that the airbox rested on, which I think the real bracket does too. Holes are all 1/4".
Old 04-24-2002, 05:59 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BAAH!!!! Bracket, smraket... I haven't had a mounting bracket on mine for 2 years , no flooping around, no probs!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
BAAH!!!! Bracket, smraket... I haven't had a mounting bracket on mine for 2 years , no flooping around, no probs!!!!
uh... how does it stay on?
Old 04-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by matt1sd
uh... how does it stay on?
wait a minute, are you guys talking about the MAF adapter that attaches the filter to the MAF(cause I have that) or the supposed bracket that holds the actual filter in place??

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/serfilt1.gif
(the bracket I think ou guys are talking about is that little black bar, I don't know one person who has actully gotten it with their Pop Charger)
Old 04-24-2002, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

wait a minute, are you guys talking about the MAF adapter that attaches the filter to the MAF(cause I have that) or the supposed bracket that holds the actual filter in place??

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/serfilt1.gif
(the bracket I think ou guys are talking about is that little black bar, I don't know one person who has actully gotten it with their Pop Charger)
i was talking about the maf adapter. i dont know what they were talking about...
Old 04-24-2002, 07:36 PM
NWP Engineering.com

They are talking about a little bracket that keeps the filter from moving and flopping around when you hit bumps. I don't have one, I just let it flop around... and you can see the paint has worn off of my blue APC filter.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:58 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yeah

the support bracket, when I bought mine it came with one but I never used it, so when I sold the pop charger to crazy4maxima, he was concerned about it bouncing around,
Old 04-25-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

Wow Izzy, you got a turbo but need help w/ a bracket??? j/k

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
i have a pop filter and no mounting bracket.. it just flops...I bought it with out the breaket.. and i have taken out my stock box... s there any place i can get one? anyone? how much and where can i get this... Is home depot a option?
Old 04-26-2002, 09:13 AM

Re: Re: need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Wow Izzy, you got a turbo but need help w/ a bracket??? j/k

how said i was turbo? my intake sounds weak... i have notice that my low end is gone.. better response on the high end... kills my gas b/c i always have it in 1st and 2nd til just about redline.. so my mpg drop like crazy...
lol The best mpg i had is an estimate 330+ full tank...
btw i went to eastern auto, the guy gave me a skinny bracket they had laying around.... but i really want the original bracket.. Looks all looks..
Old 04-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: Re: need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

Your giving away my secret

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Golden Glory
i was leavin JFk 2day and i heard izzy pass by.vrrrrooooooooomm ssssshhhhhh
i was like wtf no way ?!!!!

he opened his hood ..n there it was turbo power!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its amazine what 4000 dollars and 2 weeks of no play can accomplish... damn will i wanted it to be a secret.... No lets see if i can run mid 15...
how said i was turbo? my intake sounds weak... i have notice that my low end is gone.. better response on the high end... kills my gas b/c i always have it in 1st and 2nd til just about redline.. so my mpg drop like crazy...
lol The best mpg i had is an estimate 330+ full tank...
btw i went to eastern auto, the guy gave me a skinny bracket they had laying around.... but i really want the original bracket.. Looks all looks..
Old 04-26-2002, 11:28 AM

wow the internet is scary.,..

I guess that you just joined there too... Its all fun....... Stop giving my secrets away...
Old 04-26-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: wow the internet is scary.,..

Not joined, lurked for a long time. Fun? A matter of perspective I guess.

I guess that you just joined there too... Its all fun
Old 04-26-2002, 01:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: need help in finding mounting bracket for pop charger did a search

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Your giving away my secret

quote:
Originally posted by Golden Glory
i was leavin JFk 2day and i heard izzy pass by.vrrrrooooooooomm ssssshhhhhh
i was like wtf no way ?!!!!

he opened his hood ..n there it was turbo power!!

Its amazine what 4000 dollars and 2 weeks of no play can accomplish... damn will i wanted it to be a secret.... No lets see if i can run mid 15...
... I don't quite know what to say about that.!!
Anyway, like I told ya before, you can make one up in less than 15 minutes if you really want one. And about looks, the one JWT gives you isn't seen anyway. It sits beneath the filter I'm pretty sure. If you want a bracket to keep it from bouncing, just make one. If you want one for looks, ...????