3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Hey guys I'm new Maxima owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 05:00 PM

Hey guys I'm new Maxima owner!

Hey whats up everybody just wanted to introduce myself. My names Mike im 16 years old and i just got my first car. It's a 1989 Nissan Maxima SE 5 spd. I just got the car about a week ago from a one owner old man the car is in excellent shape and is completely stock. I definetly plan on hoping it up! Few questions:

1. Does anyone have the part number for the Front turn signal lenses mine are kinda shot and im looking to replace them.

2. Also, the interior lights are looking alittle dull and i was thinking of freshing things up alittl bit what do u guys suggest i rember reading about getting blue lightbulbs?

3. Oh ya i definently want to get the clear corner lenses it'll look so much better than the amber colored ones. Do you guys know of a site i can get these from.

Thanx
Mike

P.S when i get my camera working ill post some pics Im sure you guys wanna see it.
Old 04-24-2002, 05:01 PM

Re: Hey guys I'm new Maxima owner!

Originally posted by MaximaJohnny
Hey whats up everybody just wanted to introduce myself. My names Mike im 16 years old and i just got my first car. It's a 1989 Nissan Maxima SE 5 spd. I just got the car about a week ago from a one owner old man the car is in excellent shape and is completely stock. I definetly plan on hoping it up! Few questions:

1. Does anyone have the part number for the Front turn signal lenses mine are kinda shot and im looking to replace them.

2. Also, the interior lights are looking alittle dull and i was thinking of freshing things up alittl bit what do u guys suggest i rember reading about getting blue lightbulbs?

3. Oh ya i definently want to get the clear corner lenses it'll look so much better than the amber colored ones. Do you guys know of a site i can get these from.

Thanx
Mike

P.S when i get my camera working ill post some pics Im sure you guys wanna see it.
Clear corner lenses, try eBay, or do a search
Old 04-24-2002, 05:43 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

hey Mike

just a few things that youll probably need to know,

89-94 gxe = VG engine
89-91 SE= VG Engine
92-94 SE= VE Engine

since you got a 5spd, you probably have an SE,(unless the previous owner did a conversion)
before you ask a question try searching first, because Im sure youll have alot of the same questions that alot of us had when we first got our Maxes, also if you can pick up a chiltons manual, it will help you alot exspecialy when looking up part numbers, also the interior bulbs are #194(in the door and map lights) and the dome light Im not sure of, stay away from colored bulbs because they fade.
If you need anything else my AIM is XRRCD I live on Long Island so im not too far from you,

,XRR Custom Designs: Rims.Tires, Springs, Struts and more www.xrrcd.com

clears for 22

clears for 24

clears for 19

Just to let you know I got mine for $9.00 so keep searching on ebay
Old 04-24-2002, 06:34 PM

Welcome, Just search before you ask a question (probably been asked before) and dont claim a turbo charger, and your good to go!
Old 04-24-2002, 06:37 PM

Hey XRRCD thanks, I added you to my buddy list. What kinda stuff does your group got for exhaust on my car. Im thinking of gettins maybe a greddy catback system later on down the road. How does this system sound i want something nice and deep. What other options do I have for exhaust other than stock.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:33 PM

hey N34, where exactly is your shop im out by exit 61 lie, i want to stop down there sometime
Old 04-24-2002, 10:38 PM

Originally posted by MaximaJohnny
Hey XRRCD thanks, I added you to my buddy list. What kinda stuff does your group got for exhaust on my car. Im thinking of gettins maybe a greddy catback system later on down the road. How does this system sound i want something nice and deep. What other options do I have for exhaust other than stock.
GReddy is nice - might not be deep, but it sure is expensive. if you do a search, you'll find some guys on the board who say their VG's sound like V8s.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:55 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

right now

Originally posted by Maximan190
hey N34, where exactly is your shop im out by exit 61 lie, i want to stop down there sometime
weve closed the other location, and were looking for a better spot, and trying to get everything set up then open back up, were doing all of our services out of our houses, were at exit 57.

Mike the greedy cat back isnt loud at all, when your at wide open throttle it does growl and sound good, we have a few regualr mufflers, but I wouldnt want to put them on a max,because there too loud, we also have like a smaller version and quieter version of the N1, send me an email and Ill get some more info for you
Old 04-26-2002, 09:25 AM

Try e-bay or www.courtesynissan.com for clear corners. Also be very happy that you got a five speed. Welcome to the Maxima community man!