3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Paint Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2000, 10:11 PM

Ok, I don't knwo whats up with this but it pissed me off so bad. I have a 91' Maxima SE Superblack and if it rains the water beads and stays on the roof/hood and then as it dries I am stuck with waterspots. This always ahppense right after i get it washed too and a clean car has wtaerspots all voer it making it look terrible! I waxed it b4 last winter anf the wax didn't give me any good results it loked just the same and no shinier. I also polished a little bit ago with no results as well... The paint is in pretty good shape and the waterspots drive me crazy. Any ideas?

PJ
Old 09-03-2000, 08:56 AM

try a different wax

depending on how much time you want to spend waxing there are several options

Meguires 3 step process (takes all afternoon to do a good job)
Eagle 1
Turtle wax
Finish 2K <- works pretty well on my mom's van still beads after 6 months

water spots are kind of unavoidable. the only way to realy prevent them is to get out there right after it rains and dry it off....

Fro
Old 09-03-2000, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by speednsound007
Ok, I don't knwo whats up with this but it pissed me off so bad. I have a 91' Maxima SE Superblack and if it rains the water beads and stays on the roof/hood and then as it dries I am stuck with waterspots. This always ahppense right after i get it washed too and a clean car has wtaerspots all voer it making it look terrible! I waxed it b4 last winter anf the wax didn't give me any good results it loked just the same and no shinier. I also polished a little bit ago with no results as well... The paint is in pretty good shape and the waterspots drive me crazy. Any ideas?

PJ
the same thing used to happen to me,right after I would wash it,it would rain later on or the next day,damn weather is unpredictable even with the weather channel,anyway I would have to agree with froman those spots are unavoidable,what you should do is get a better wax like Meguires Quick Wax (I highly recommend this wax,I use it on my 92 SE,it gives that glossy look) or 3M wax,try not to mess around with Armor All Turtle wax or any of those cheap-*** products they don't give you good results,another thing you can do is buy a top of the line car cover,if you park your Max in closed garage this should do, but if you leave it parked outside even with the car cover you will find it to be a little wet here and there,so for that I recommend the California Water Blade,its made out of silicone and it will not mess up your paint,I bought mine for $20 at http://www.calcarcover.com, my 92 SE stays clean for about 1 week and a half with this process,good luck on keeping that Max clean
Old 09-05-2000, 04:19 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

or just move to dallas where it never rains