3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

The End of DNAS420

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 10:53 AM

The End of DNAS420

looks like this is goodbye....

Ill catch you up.... Well last monday i got a call from my moms boyfriend in florida and he told me that my mom was planning on coming up to ohio to take my car because she wants her money from the 3 payments of 150 i missed. I was told by her at christmas that the car was mine but we will leave it in her name to get cheaper insurance rates. Well he tells me to hide the car and try to offer her a settlement without letting her know i know. So i offered her 600.00, and she told me she needed to get her numbers together and get back to me. (as most know i got audited, so it put a strain on me) She was brushing me off for a week so she could fly down fri night and steal the car at 2 am on sat morning. So i bailed, and called an attourney and he told me without the title im pretty much screwed. I found the title in the glove box and was going to get it switched over but thats fogery. Well at about 2 am she got ahold of my sister and i called her and we talked. I stood my ground for about 3 hours, and she threatened to call housing on my girlfriend (4 years in jail, 10.000 fine) dont ask for what. And she threatened to report the car stolen and get me for grand theft auto. Come to find out her boyfriend was behind all of this and he got the title switched over to his name to gaurantee he would get his 1200 i borrowed to get the kit and get it painted when i got stuck in florida a few weeks ago. Well i got ****ed off and told her to come find me. I was far enough away to where she couldnt find me if she needed to. Well i got sick of all the threats and told her im stripping it for all its worth and she can have it (91 auto vg w/ 191,000miles), but never contact me again! trust me i have done this to other family members its not hard. I have a son and if a 4500.00 car is worth losing contact with family then ok with me. he then asked me if he is still getting his money and i told him if he sends me the kit then he will ( I lied) . if he sends it or not im cutting my loses. i had a contract and in court the judge will see that they conspired to take what they could and try and milk me for over 2000.00. I dont play that. So that is the end of one of the nicest 3rd gens to ever be made. i will always be here and help in any way. R.I.P!
Old 05-06-2002, 11:00 AM

Hey, good luck man.
I'm just gonna say, sometimes you gotta do, what you gotta do.
Just remember the wonders you can do with a 12-pack and a roll of duct tape
Old 05-06-2002, 11:07 AM

you should wreck the car yo
Old 05-06-2002, 11:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: The End of DNAS420

Originally posted by dnas420
If you are gonna do something with your mods let me know. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. U gotta do whatcha gotta do. Duct tape and a twelve pack....lol
Old 05-06-2002, 11:34 AM

yo man, that sucks bro!

walk around it with a hammer and put a nice ding in every door panel. . .
Old 05-06-2002, 11:35 AM

That sucks, sorry to hear that. How much you want for the body kit?
Old 05-06-2002, 11:43 AM

parts for sale

12"jbl
12"mtx 6000 in a box
mtx rt2200 brand new 2 channel
kenwood kac-201t amp 2 channel (built in cooling fan)
fogs amber/w apc hyper white bulbs
r-racing matts
red shoulder straps (4) powered by nissan
stillen kit when i get it 400.00.
Stock headlights w/o frames
Old 05-06-2002, 12:42 PM

So unfair,
guys, i cant believe your saying smash the thing, look at the paint he oviously spent tons of time taking care of it, its sad that you are parting it, it actually ****es me off. anyway, truely sorry to hear about that,
since im building up my stereo can you give me or email me (shawneepo@hotmail.com) prices for the amps but more importantly your MTX sub, im looking at Infinity Refrence 10" right now but if you already have a box, that will save me time, i dont know what do you guys think will sound better?
thanks and sorry man
MrGone
Old 05-06-2002, 01:23 PM

how about the bmw lights im interrested in them
Old 05-06-2002, 01:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

I couldn't understand a thing from this post. Anyway good luck in whatever is your objective.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:14 PM

Ill catch you up.... Well last monday i got a call from my moms boyfriend in florida and he told me that my mom was planning on coming up to ohio to take my car because she wants her money from the 3 payments of 150 i missed. I was told by her at christmas that the car was mine but we will leave it in her name to get cheaper insurance rates. Well he tells me to hide the car and try to offer her a settlement without letting her know i know. So i offered her 600.00, and she told me she needed to get her numbers together and get back to me. (as most know i got audited, so it put a strain on me) She was brushing me off for a week so she could fly down fri night and steal the car at 2 am on sat morning. So i bailed, and called an attourney and he told me without the title im pretty much screwed. I found the title in the glove box and was going to get it switched over but thats fogery. Well at about 2 am she got ahold of my sister and i called her and we talked. I stood my ground for about 3 hours, and she threatened to call housing on my girlfriend (4 years in jail, 10.000 fine) dont ask for what. And she threatened to report the car stolen and get me for grand theft auto. Come to find out her boyfriend was behind all of this and he got the title switched over to his name to gaurantee he would get his 1200 i borrowed to get the kit and get it painted when i got stuck in florida a few weeks ago. Well i got ****ed off and told her to come find me. I was far enough away to where she couldnt find me if she needed to. Well i got sick of all the threats and told her im stripping it for all its worth and she can have it (91 auto vg w/ 191,000miles), but never contact me again! trust me i have done this to other family members its not hard. I have a son and if a 4500.00 car is worth losing contact with family then ok with me. he then asked me if he is still getting his money and i told him if he sends me the kit then he will ( I lied) . if he sends it or not im cutting my loses. i had a contract and in court the judge will see that they conspired to take what they could and try and milk me for over 2000.00. I dont play that. So that is the end of one of the nicest 3rd gens to ever be made. i will always be here and help in any way. R.I.P!

I don't want to comment on your family or their lifestyle because I dont' want to offend you. However, so much backstabbing is very dysfunctional.

You got audited, you owe your mom money for the car, you owe her boyfriend $1,200 for your body kit, you seriously need to get a nice job and stop spending money for a while. This is exactly why I warn people don't put money that they don't have into their cars..sh*t always goes wrong.

I do feel that your mother and her boyfriend are conspiring against you and I think that's a no no. I dont think it would be wise to do damage to the car, they probably want to sell it for money, and you don't want to put someone else in expenses.

If they're going to keep the car, then strip the spark plug holes, scratch the brake rotors with a chisle, turn the bolt on the tie rods to put it way out of alignment, put a hole in the ac system..find things they won't detect but will end up costing alot.

That sucks to have family that would do that to you. You do owe them alot of money though..so hopefully you make good on your end, then you go on living your life free of any ties.

Good luck.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:34 PM

RE:DNAS420

Aww naww hell naww man! .....That sucks majorr a**!!!!! I'd probably cry my eyes out if that happened to me man!! Restore as many of the car parts back to stock if you can and sell the mods to ease your pain...problly with a 12-pk too. I really feel for you though. G'luck in yur endeavors...we're here for u.

lophix-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-06-2002, 03:37 PM

that sucks man, just watch out for yourself and like you said, cut your loses.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:14 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

That's a bad way to lose such a good investment, dude! I can certainly relate to your having to alienate yourself from your family members, as I've had to do it myself.

Well, it looks as though you're on the right path to recovery by cutting your losses and getting what you can from the mods you are able to salvage. If I had the funds, I'd certainly be willing to take the Stillen kit off your hands (if you get it, that is...).

And if you really want to look at another Max, there's a guy that's local here. He's selling his '92 Max SE (auto, though...). I could look into it for you.

As I've taken a lot of your advice/comments/criticism over the months, I hope you stick around and lend some more expertise to those that don't know as much as they'd like to, and those that think they do.

(and as a sidebar - Sudesh, I now know who to come to when I need some subversive stuff done to someone! )
Old 05-06-2002, 05:04 PM

dude that sux soo bad! i think i would have to take anger management classes after that....how much would you want for the drivers side head light?
Old 05-06-2002, 05:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Holy jeez that really sucks!

This is why people should:

a)Have the car in YOUR name
b)Be on good terms with family/extended family. OR...
c)GET THE HELL AWAY FROM SAID FAMILY/EXTENDED FAMILY!!!

Take some more pics before she goes man....
Old 05-06-2002, 05:25 PM

Go to the Ghetto

Go to the Ghetto tell some one that you will give them like 50 dollars to steal the car and then have them park at a storage place, keep it their for 7 years and its yours, and you wont be putting miles on it or anything. After 7 years the car will stop coming up as stolen.
Old 05-06-2002, 05:36 PM

Re: Go to the Ghetto

Originally posted by maximatic
Go to the Ghetto tell some one that you will give them like 50 dollars to steal the car and then have them park at a storage place, keep it their for 7 years and its yours, and you wont be putting miles on it or anything. After 7 years the car will stop coming up as stolen.
...do you speak from experience?
Old 05-06-2002, 05:41 PM

thanks for all your support

its good to see that all the love and time i spent didnt go unnoticed. If anyone is interested in any of the things on the list email me and i will reply. most things you can make an offer on. im not sure what they are worth. Thanks again! my car may be gone but my heart is still here with all of you.

(no im not gay)
Old 05-06-2002, 06:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

sorry to hear that man....you sound like you've been going through some things too lately! man if it was me and I knew for sure the car was not coming back...I'd have drained all the oil, put a brick on the accelerator and held the engine at redline for a few hours, only after the 5 neutral drops I would've done!!! you can take my Max, but not in one piece(or working order)

good luck resolving all this man!!!
Old 05-06-2002, 08:25 PM

i dont quite understand the whole story... but it sounds like it sucks... sorry to hear that, you will be missed
Old 05-06-2002, 08:50 PM

hey idea

if anyone lives in central florida and wants to help me with a "project", please feel free to drop me a Pm or email. i can make it worth your wild. (im not joking)
Old 05-06-2002, 08:52 PM

Re: hey idea

if anyone lives in central florida and wants to help me with a "project", please feel free to drop me a Pm or email. i can make it worth your wild. (im not joking)
does it involve anywthing illegal?
Old 05-07-2002, 03:36 AM

Re: Re: hey idea

Originally posted by Shugarhi

does it involve anywthing illegal?
I'm sure it doesn't...not in the .org forums
Old 05-07-2002, 05:17 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Yeah, Mike... we all know how upstanding citizens of our communities we are!
Old 05-07-2002, 05:58 AM
Jedi Knight

Bummer!

Sorry to hear that....hate to see a nice RED 3rd Gen leave!....
Old 05-07-2002, 07:52 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

dennis

if you get the kit let me know, It would save me some money if I dont have to get it painted.

the rest of this sucks though,
Old 05-07-2002, 08:12 AM
bjyang

whenever if u ever do get the kit.....drop me a line. i'll be interested in taking it off your hands.
and....hope everything works out for you.
bj

Old 05-07-2002, 08:59 AM

that sucks man

the whole story sucks. but hey, i live in central/south FL and would be most likely willing to help out! email me at thedjmayhem@hotmail.com and let me know your plan. I have some crazy *** friends too. if you are interested in selling your bmw headlights, let me know in the email. i would definately take those off your hands.
later, email me and let me know.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:50 PM

**UPDATE**

well boys and girls the game just got more interesting. I talked to her boyfriend today and he asked me straight up if i even want the car back. I told him i could give a damn, because i can go buy another car for 5000-10,000 in a month or so. (stratagy- never let the opponent know you care for something or they will use it to there advantage). I was told by my sister that she is saying that i cut wires, drained the oil, and there was a hole in the muffler. The truth is i tore out the amps and subs, I was also 1400 miles over 3000 to get the oil changed, and the muffler was a ractive performance and it was practically brand new. She is claiming that the kit and wing = the cost of damages i caused to the car. I laughed and said that if the property is not returned in the condition it was in (mint) then i will be calling thepolice for stolen property since i have pics of installation and reciepts. And even if they try and play games my "project" is ready for deployment at the snap of my finger. MAn i love being me sometimes. Remember peolpe she has the bmw lights, cutsom grill, wheels, kit, and wing. Man o' man is the poop getting deep, atleast i wiped my feet! If i recover my property the kit will be 400.00, the wing 200.00, and bmw lights with apc hyper whites for 100.00. I will be in touch when the time comes.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:13 PM

Re: **UPDATE**

well boys and girls the game just got more interesting. I talked to her boyfriend today and he asked me straight up if i even want the car back. I told him i could give a damn, because i can go buy another car for 5000-10,000 in a month or ......
Hey wassup...
man the rabbit hole is getting deeper and getting me lost in it. What other parts are you willing to take off and fling? i'm looking for an exhaust system (the whole set baby!) hundred bucks for the bemer lights man? oh well....i think someone has already had first say on that so i'll pass.
goodluck dawg.

lophix-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-12-2002, 06:46 PM

GOOD NEWS

my mom doesnt know that i have this intel.... she will be arriving from st thomas U.S.V.I. at cincinnati/ dayton airport this saturday. she is staying with my sister and my car will be there. so now my question is how should i handle this? should i have someone take the car and strip it for me and then park it somewhere, or confront her and tell her she needs to do the right thing in order to see/ have anything to do with her grandson ever. u tell me......... a friend in need of advice. by the way i found a 92 se 5 spd with 133k miles skymax blue for 4000 im sure i can get it for 3500-3000 with that many miles. but i could get my kit and wing and headlights and system back and add it to this beautiful step up from my 91 se vg.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:02 PM

Re: GOOD NEWS

Damn Dude! u never got that settled?? Well I dunno tho. Taking the car and stripping it would be vandalization and you can go to court for that. Talking to her might not yield much either, so I'd suggest you either go straight to small claims court and try and get as much of it as you can, or forget about the ride (no chance in hell for me) or (last resort) Say "F*** IT", strip the car, stash the parts in a storage far away (not with someone cos that would make them an accomplice) and face the **** that comes after.

btw, has she been driving it?

lophix
Old 09-12-2002, 07:03 PM

Re: GOOD NEWS

I would suggest the following, tell her that you had the choice to get the car stripped but you chose not to because she is your mom afterall (thats what you tell her, you don't have to mean it) then tell her that you think that you are doing the RIGHT thing by asking her to let you take the stuff off of the car.
Good Luck, that was a sweet max though.
Sohaib
Old 09-12-2002, 08:18 PM
Ford Only.

Sounds like your mom just has issues! Especially if she is willing to fly out there and fight you forever over like $1k. I say strip all of your shat off of that car, IT IS YOURS!!! then get you a nice powerful VE 5 speed and put all your stuff on it, that way you are not really loosing, you are gaining! Then cut your ties with your mother and let he have the VG auto with 191k It must be worth loosing a son over...
Old 09-13-2002, 09:04 AM

idea

Why don't you try to sell the car how it is now on the forum, for like $3000 or something, then tell your mom and her boyfriend you sold it for $2000 and give them all that money ($2000). They should be happy since you owe them less than that total and it will get them off your backs, and it's probably the best way to cut your losses and start saving up for a new car.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:51 PM

Re: idea

chances are he wont want to sell for that low, and no one will want to buy for the price he is selling for and he will be stuck with it and so the story goes on. Hopefully, his mum wont press charges for selling the car cos i feel she values the car more than the money she is owed. Hey....is money being owed? If it's money, just pay the woman back and return to your normal life instead of extending this too far. No matter how insensitive family members can be, they are still family and if you are indebted, pay.

lophix
Old 09-13-2002, 03:04 PM

He wouldnt be able to sale the car, it is under his moms name...
Old 09-13-2002, 03:08 PM

Originally posted by Dummy
He wouldnt be able to sale the car, it is under his moms name...
Oh yeah...I forgot about that little detail...sucky
Old 09-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Dennis

havent heard from you in a while, I saw the pics of your bike, you did a good job on it, it looks 100% better,

if youve still got a key just take the car, I doubt your mom will call the police, take your stuff off and bring it back. if you can do this between night and morning then go for it, theres no proof that stuff was on the car so as long as shes got the car back fine.

Quick Reply: The End of DNAS420