3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

accord CAI on a VG *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2002, 01:32 PM

accord CAI on a VG *PICS* *NEW*

lol... IM me for pics.. if ya wana see them now! but im trying to get them on my cardomain site...

NEW**** pics are here--> http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=169142&page=6
Old 05-09-2002, 01:42 PM

actually for not being made for the car, it looks like it fits pretty well. I like the blue color
Old 05-09-2002, 01:53 PM

Re: accord CAI on a VG *PICS* *NEW*

Originally posted by ChrisCheezer
lol... IM me for pics.. if ya wana see them now! but im trying to get them on my cardomain site...

NEW**** pics are here--> http://maxima.cardomain.com/member_p...=169142&page=6
wow engine bay...quite...colorful

....intake fits pretty well, which gen accord is it from?
Old 05-09-2002, 01:54 PM

thanx

thanx...... accord 90-93 .. 4 Banger lol
ya...., do u think ppl are gona start buying the accords CAI now?? .. i mean Y not?
Old 05-09-2002, 02:16 PM

Did you have another MAXIMA intake before this?

How does it feel performance wise, comparably? I'm just a little skeptical about how well the 4 banger Accord intake will function on a Maxima 6cyl engine. They're just so different. Last thing I would want to do would be to drive around with an intake thats starving my engine for air. But, it does LOOK good, maybe I'd get it if it wasn't blue. Is it loud? I don't want anything loud to make it seem like I am trying to pretend I am fast.

PJ
Old 05-09-2002, 02:21 PM

Where did you buy the CAI from? How much did it run you? It looks great, in fact the whole car looks good except the tails. How long did it take you to paint the interior? Its the best interior paint job I have seen.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:26 PM

Re: Did you have another MAXIMA intake before this?

Originally posted by speednsound007
How does it feel performance wise, comparably? I'm just a little skeptical about how well the 4 banger Accord intake will function on a Maxima 6cyl engine. They're just so different. Last thing I would want to do would be to drive around with an intake thats starving my engine for air. But, it does LOOK good, maybe I'd get it if it wasn't blue. Is it loud? I don't want anything loud to make it seem like I am trying to pretend I am fast.

PJ
speednsound--OMG what r u talking about!! plzzz if your going to talk about cars plzzz know somthing about them..

any way i got it off ebay.. spent 64 bucks shiped and installed
Old 05-09-2002, 02:32 PM

Re: Re: Did you have another MAXIMA intake before this?

dam n you got a rainbow under your hood!! but i do give you props on the cai. you might wanna think about painting everything blue, it would look better. and hey, you mind giving another write-up, since the last one was deleted?
matt
Old 05-09-2002, 02:33 PM

I'm feelin the way you painted the interior
Old 05-09-2002, 02:40 PM

PJ

the motors are different yes, the intakes are both 3" in diameter....most are.
Old 05-09-2002, 02:59 PM

thanx guys....

ok cool... i deleted the last post.. but NP ill talk about it some more... damn ppl are giving me bad votes on car domain

::: THE 90-93 accord(4 cly) on a VG powered MAxima!!:::
prices:$62- CAI, EBAY
$2-little 2inch rubber addapter,home-depot
$1.50-heater hose connector
OK to do this you need a brain.. so if you have one hold on to it

-the accords CAI fits great, alittle on the big side but its fine, because it is big you have trim a piece of the "L" part off, near the MAF sensor,i cut an inch off.*YOU MUST HAVE SOME KIND OF MAF addapter* i have the one form the old air box, i sealed it up nice
-to get the "S" part to fit you must use the rubber piece that you got from home-depot so it makes it bigger and the stock rubber clamp-on will fit.
the little black hose that comes out of the "S" is cut in half and used with the new hose.. i connected them with the heater hose connector.. works great and i thin it looks cool..
- the next problem is cutting the hole .. no matter how you cut it you have to make it bigger then 3 1/2 inches.. because the tubing does not bend.
- My batt. try did not fit because i made the hole too close to it.. so i slamed that in with a hammer a-bit
**done.... it takes about 2 1/2 hours if you know what your doing
more VG powa!!!!!!!!! yes it sounds and feels great!!

i bought a digtal temp sensor.. 2 weeks ago..before the CAI and after the CAI here are results::::i was going 50-75 mph with all testing and the temp was 65 out side
stock air box:87(at 55mph) 82(at 75 mph)
pop charger: 75 (at 55mph) 69(at 75 mph)
*new CAI: 70 (at 55mph) 50(at 75mph). note* i got it down to 41 at WOT

any Q's IM me
Old 05-09-2002, 03:07 PM

BUT the best way to shop for the intake is to LOOK at the the picture of the one being sold, some companies make different kind of cold airs for the accords, and not all will fit, just look at the picture of the auction and make sure its the right one, the one for the 90-93 isnt the only one that fits, you have to look at the pictures..some fit better than other(ones where there isnt much of an angle from the TB to the MAF)
Old 05-12-2002, 06:45 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

i thought you said it looked better than the PR?
Old 05-12-2002, 11:28 PM

speednsound--OMG what r u talking about!! plzzz if your going to talk about cars plzzz know somthing about them..

Dang you got TOLD by chrischeezer
Old 05-13-2002, 05:25 AM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Chris91SE
i thought you said it looked better than the PR?
But Chris, wouldn't you have rather saved the money.

Old 05-13-2002, 05:52 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by lp

But Chris, wouldn't you have rather saved the money.

nope...i'll spend more for quality and perfect fitment any day
Old 05-13-2002, 06:04 AM
lp

Originally posted by Chris91SE

nope...i'll spend more for quality and perfect fitment any day
agreed....

http://a3.cpimg.com/image/23/32/9500...-02000157-.jpg
Old 05-13-2002, 08:40 AM

uh...mind telling me how the quality is any different? the filter that comes with the PR su(ks horribly, i would rather have a warpspeed, i would even take the accord cai over the pr if i had a choice to pick one.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:03 AM

THANK YOU!!

some ppl are to rich for me...
Old 05-13-2002, 09:42 AM

ChrisCheezer...are you going to the Johnson Park meet this sunday or the jersey city meet in the beginning of june? i want to see your car nice work btw
Old 05-13-2002, 09:43 AM

Re: THANK YOU!!

some ppl are to rich for me...
how come your car has 10 diff colors??????
Old 05-13-2002, 10:50 AM

Because colors are cool

i like colors.........
Old 05-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

hey chris good job

my old monitor blew and I couldnt make out much in the pics with an older 16 color one I had but My new one just came in so I took a look at the pics, nice job.
Old 05-13-2002, 03:59 PM

Re: Because colors are cool

i like colors.........
a lil on the FRUITY side eh?
Old 05-13-2002, 04:09 PM

Re: Re: Did you have another MAXIMA intake before this?

You're a ****ing ***get because if you read my post you'll see I was asking to learn. So if we're all expected you know EVERYTHING about Maximas and cars in general, what would be the point in having this forum? Get your head out of your ***.

PJ
Old 05-13-2002, 05:09 PM

wwwwwhhhhaaaaaa

You're a ****ing ***get because if you read my post you'll see I was asking to learn. So if we're all expected you know EVERYTHING about Maximas and cars in general, what would be the point in having this forum? Get your head out of your ***.

PJ
O you were asking to learn!?!?!?! is that what you said ... WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD OF SAID THIS!!!!!! "They're just so different. Last thing I would want to do would be to drive around with an intake thats starving my engine for air" because you said that not "i wana learn" i could of sworn you have no clue what a simple CAI does..
Old 05-13-2002, 05:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Did you have another MAXIMA intake before this?

PJ
haha chill dude

"I'm just a little skeptical about how well the 4 banger Accord intake will function on a Maxima 6cyl engine. They're just so different. Last thing I would want to do would be to drive around with an intake thats starving my engine for air. "

sounds more like a statement than a question.. w0rd
Old 05-13-2002, 05:19 PM

too many bends imo. the poor man's intake i think would have less restrictions. not made of as good material but built with less bends and length
Old 05-13-2002, 06:16 PM

lol ...

Originally posted by mtcookson
too many bends imo. the poor man's intake i think would have less restrictions. not made of as good material but built with less bends and length
dude i think you should make it! work and see.. i think it would work good..

-as for the CAI starving the engine of air .. humm.. come to think of it your right it does because they "ARE" so different! dont buy this CAI it's different.. it really is!! it may not look different but it is.... thats why its called a CAI for the accord not the maxima. If it was for the maxima it would say maxima, so dont buy it.. you hafta buy the one that PR makes or your car will die........
Old 05-13-2002, 08:35 PM

i already made it. someone made one like mine too but with smaller pipe and he said he could feel a big difference from 2100-5500 rpm.
Old 05-13-2002, 08:53 PM

Originally posted by mtcookson
i already made it. someone made one like mine too but with smaller pipe and he said he could feel a big difference from 2100-5500 rpm.
Care to share how you made it? Where did you go, how much did it run you? And do you have any pictures?

Thanks
Old 05-13-2002, 09:32 PM

i'm in the process of a write up. i went to lowes to get the stuff needed. the tools were at home that i used. it cost me like 30 dollars i believe. the only bad thing is you need a few tools if you don't have them it might cost a lot to rent. you need a 4 inch hole cutter, grinding wheel, dremel with a cylindrical grinding tool, and a few other things. here's the link to where the pics are. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=118305
Old 05-14-2002, 01:06 AM

<--- first one with an accord intake on a maxima ...
Old 05-14-2002, 08:00 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Dummy
uh...mind telling me how the quality is any different? the filter that comes with the PR su(ks horribly, i would rather have a warpspeed, i would even take the accord cai over the pr if i had a choice to pick one.
well then I guess K&N sucks because at the time that's what I got. most of the Intakes on the market come with generic POS filters anyway....but if you look my comment was in regard to fitment and the pure quality of workmanship...

PR

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...45_41_full.jpg

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...45_15_full.jpg]

HONDUH

http://images.cardomain.com/installs...42_33_full.jpg

just look at the difference and you'll see my point
Old 05-14-2002, 08:58 PM

well yea....

sure.. your right.. but you have to keep in mind, i have an Accord CAI its not made for my car, but it does the same thing yours does in the end.. OMG my engine looks goffy.lol
Old 05-14-2002, 09:43 PM

hmm... chris after looking at your vg it looks like you might have had a harder time installing than i did, looks like you have a few extra (vacuum?) hoses from your TB, must be a NY thing?? i just connected the blue hose that came with my kit up to where the stock one did before....
Old 05-15-2002, 08:03 AM
bjyang

hey chrischeezer......can i just use an intake from an accord without modifyin it to fit my vg or do i have to do some modification/??? No..its not a cai. I can get my hands on one but i dont kno if u have to do some moddin to it..

bj

Old 05-15-2002, 08:24 AM

nope

Originally posted by bjyang
hey chrischeezer......can i just use an intake from an accord without modifyin it to fit my vg or do i have to do some modification/??? No..its not a cai. I can get my hands on one but i dont kno if u have to do some moddin to it..

bj
all this means is you can use the CAI kit for a 90-93 accord 4cyl on a VG powerd maxima.. nothing other then this kit will fit.. you have to look at pics of the kit before you buy it, so you know that its going to fit

dummy- yea with that kit that hose came from far way on the "s" tube.. so when i cut the stock part and connected it with the hose they give you
Old 05-15-2002, 08:28 AM
bjyang

Re: nope

all this means is you can use the CAI kit for a 90-93 accord 4cyl on a VG powerd maxima.. nothing other then this kit will fit.. you have to look at pics of the kit before you buy it, so you know that its going to fit
so ur saying the regular intake...i cant use.??? the shape seems liek it would fit. n yeah..its off a 90-93. Im not gonna buy one...my friend got one lyin around so i might grab it and see if it fits....n if it dont fit.....i'll just give it to my lil bro...hes got a 91 accord.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:30 AM

Re: Re: nope

A "pop" (cone) filter?

Quick Reply: accord CAI on a VG *PICS*