3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I can Get VE or VG Hekimian Racing Lightened Crank pulley!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 04:28 PM

I can Get VE or VG Hekimian Racing Lightened Crank pulley!

I made a deal with Hekimian Racing for pulleys(About 2 Pounds). He will sell the pulleys for $225 a piece. I just need 10 for each engine type. They will be the color of your choice and they will be Cryogenically treated. I have a dyno from a VG Maxima.I already have 1 for my engine and 1 for the VG engnie 9 more for each and were set.
Old 05-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

225?!
Old 05-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

$225????? I know they are cryotreated(why???), but who wants to pay that much MORE...thats kinda ridiculous!
Old 05-29-2002, 04:41 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by DA-MAX
$225????? I know they are cryotreated(why???), but who wants to pay that much MORE...thats kinda ridiculous!
i can see why they're cryotreated but UR makes a pretty damn good pulley for us already at almost half the cost...

which reminds me...i need to call courtesy
Old 05-29-2002, 04:47 PM

OK I will talk to him tommorrow. Would you guys pay $200
Old 05-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
i would have to see the dyno to make that decision...also on the VE side you may want to bring up ASP makes one for them too...not sure on pricing for that though...
Old 05-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I know what cryotreatment is but what is the advantage of a cryotreated pulley over the standard UR and ASP pullies? I've heard no cases of the UR or ASPs cracking or "coming apart" due to extreme heat or abrasion issues....so whats the deal???
Old 05-29-2002, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

I know what cryotreatment is but what is the advantage of a cryotreated pulley over the standard UR and ASP pullies? I've heard no cases of the UR or ASPs cracking or "coming apart" due to extreme heat or abrasion issues....so whats the deal???
There is less friction, less heat, and less wear. I don't know if the others are made out of Billet steel but I recall him using the word billet. I will confirm my answers with them tommorrow and also ask the ?'s I can't answer.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:03 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Dang.....$225?!?!

ASP already makes the UDP for the VE's.... $119.

Unless this pulley is going to make substantially more power than the UDP I dont see why ANYONE would even consider paying that much...
Old 05-29-2002, 05:07 PM

RPM Outlet sells the ASP pulley for $99.95

If Hekiman can't gain a substantial amount of Power for 200, then it would be pointless to make them.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:32 PM

Well If some one wants to post the Dyno for me It says theres 21.2hp gain and 20 torque gain. The subject was a 1rst or 2nd gen auto max. He said the change was absolutly just his UD pulley.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:35 PM

where is the cheapest place to get a UR vg pulley anyway? the cheapest ive seen is courtesy for $189.
Old 05-29-2002, 08:37 PM
Large Member

WTF??!!! 21.2hp gain and 20lb/ft torque???? Come on. Are you really serious? I'm extremely skeptical about that but, could you email me the dyno at fred.brown@amd.com? I think you can count me in since I have a paycheck coming in 1 week.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 PM

ok, so whats the point of having these pullies made?

UR already makes VG ones
ASP makes Ve ones

why would we want anything different?
not like the Hekimian would be better or last longer

UR makes VG pullys with billet aluminum
even the stock pully will outlast the car
Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 PM

Originally posted by Shadow1198
WTF??!!! 21.2hp gain and 20lb/ft torque???? Come on. Are you really serious? I'm extremely skeptical about that but, could you email me the dyno at fred.brown@amd.com? I think you can count me in since I have a paycheck coming in 1 week.
Yes this is serious Check my past post I am not a BSer
Old 05-29-2002, 09:49 PM

Originally posted by mykizism
ok, so whats the point of having these pullies made?

UR already makes VG ones
ASP makes Ve ones

why would we want anything different?
not like the Hekimian would be better or last longer

UR makes VG pullys with billet aluminum
even the stock pully will outlast the car
So are we complaining about getting more aftermarket support
Old 05-29-2002, 09:56 PM

So are we complaining about getting more aftermarket support
nope, we (well us VG guys) have more than enought aftermarket support for our cars.

But i dont see why bother to make a VG UDP when there is already a good on available. especially if the Hekimian one is gonna be more expensive than UR's
Old 05-29-2002, 09:58 PM
STFU n00b!

If they'll make more power than the ASP or UR pulley, then great.. it'll justify the cost.

not that I'm complaining about more aftermarket support, but I think heikiman will have to drop the prices substantially in order for them to even sell them - unless they make tons more power than the other brands.
Old 05-29-2002, 09:58 PM

nope, we (well us VG guys) have more than enought aftermarket support for our cars.

But i dont see why bother to make a VG UDP when there is already a good on available. especially if the Hekimian one is gonna be more expensive than UR's
A whole 12 dollars more for possibly a better product
Old 05-29-2002, 10:13 PM

i dont see how another pully could produce more power than another pully.

if they are both underdrive pully's and are about the same diameter and weight. i dont see how one pully could produce more power than another pully

the UR pully is very small compared to the stocker
and it weight like a feather compared to the stocker

anyways i would help out on the group deal thing, but i already have a pully haha
Old 05-29-2002, 10:17 PM

if they are both underdrive pully's and are about the same diameter and weight. i dont see how one pully could produce more power than another pully

anyways i would help out on the group deal thing, but i already have a pully haha
I will call him tommorrow and ask him if he can get me one first to dyno to see its gains. I have to go back up there next week any way to pick up some stuff.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:27 PM
STFU n00b!

they make them smaller and/or lighter is how.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:11 PM

I would be interested in a pulley for my VG if it did indeed make a 20hp increase. Otherwise, I think most will stay with UR. I If you could give info. about the gains, and make sure that the belts of that size would be easy to find, then I am in.
Miles
Old 05-29-2002, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Chris91SE

i can see why they're cryotreated but UR makes a pretty damn good pulley for us already at almost half the cost...

you cant get get a new UR pulley for almost half the price, they are usually only $35 less than the 225 stated.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:58 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Half the cost

Originally posted by Chris91SE

My UR Pulley was $189 from Courtesy (and I bought it in person, no shipping). UR sells it for $225. I know the VE pulley is cheap, but the VG is not.
Old 05-30-2002, 07:21 AM

In regards to the reason for cryo treating the pulley:

"There is less friction, less heat, and less wear."

From everything I have read about cryo treating parts, none of that statement is true except maybe less wear, but seeing as how thousands of people are using aluminum pulleys that are not cryo treated without any trouble, I would say this is probably not necessary. Perhaps if there design were so minimal in terms of material then I could see cryo treating to help ensure the needed strength, but courtesy nissan lists the VG UR pulley at 1.45 pounds so I don't see why it would be needed on Hekiman's 2 pound model. Maybe you want to ask Hekiman to not cryo treat them and see what the savings would be to bring this more in line with outher pulleys on the market. Hekiman is very expensive with their cryo treatment. They are the closest place to me that I found to do cryo treating, but they charge $60 per rotor which is the most expensive price I found.

For some reason I seem to recall the ASP VE pulley being slightly heavier than two pounds, so there might be some small benefit there, but probably not $100 worth. I have the weight written down at home from when I called ASP before I bought mine. I can post that later if anyone's interested.

Sith, that's a nice find with RPM Outlet place. $99.95 is their price for almost any ASP pulley. Have you ordered from them before? ASP is having a 10% off sale this month (ends tomorrow) but that is still the lowest price, even lower than Summit.

-Mike
Old 05-30-2002, 08:28 AM

Well If some one wants to post the Dyno for me It says theres 21.2hp gain and 20 torque gain. The subject was a 1rst or 2nd gen auto max. He said the change was absolutly just his UD pulley.
I'm interested in this dyno...

What exactly is this dyno from? One of his pulley's on a Maxima?

You gotta be careful with what companies tell you their pulley's make on the dyno. What they do is dyno a heavily modified/boosted car (which of course makes insnae gains like 20/20) and then try to market their pulley's as making that much power when in any other car you'd be lucky to get 5 and 5. So, a little more clarification on these numbers/dyno would be helpful.

And yes for VG guys, I can see what the benefit of getting this made would be. Not that much more expensive than the current option(s) and one more product out there available. But for us VE guys, I'd have to see some great numbers on the Dyno in order to pay that much. Sooo, get us some more info JDwyer.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:38 AM

IMO, Unorthodox Racing makes the best lightened crankshaft pullies on the market. These things are high-quality aluminum, which are billet (read: cryotreating not necessary) and machined so perfectly they are nearly flawless. They reduced the weight over 7 pounds from the stock pully. They have a beautiful, lasting finish, and they are economical to buy for the gains. That's why I had UR make this pully for us VG owners. No one here is interested in another pully because there is no way another company can make more power with another pully effectively. UR has already engineered it to maximum usable underdriving, maintaining proper voltage throughout most of the RPM range (except below 900 or so). Any other type of pully would have to be one belt for the alternator and nothing else in order to make power. And you'd only see, like, 3 HP MAX.

Also, you will never see a 20HP gain on a VG30E from a pully.

-Kaleb
Old 05-30-2002, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by kaleb
IMO, Unorthodox Racing makes the best lightened crankshaft pullies on the market. These things are high-quality aluminum, which are billet (read: cryotreating not necessary) and machined so perfectly they are nearly flawless. They reduced the weight over 7 pounds from the stock pully. They have a beautiful, lasting finish, and they are economical to buy for the gains. That's why I had UR make this pully for us VG owners. No one here is interested in another pully because there is no way another company can make more power with another pully effectively. UR has already engineered it to maximum usable underdriving, maintaining proper voltage throughout most of the RPM range (except below 900 or so). Any other type of pully would have to be one belt for the alternator and nothing else in order to make power. And you'd only see, like, 3 HP MAX.

Also, you will never see a 20HP gain on a VG30E from a pully.

-Kaleb
Heres the Email he sent me back
Hi John:

1) Weights 2lbs
2) made of bar stock billet 7075
3) Cryogenically treated
4) Hard coat anodized
5) 20 lb gain in torque
6) large radii for strength
7) precision broached keyway

If people are just talking money there not serious about quality.
Don't push them wait for the guy understands good products.

Hope this helps you Gregg

Please relay a message to ***** for me.
Tell him I got his Throw out bearing and everything is already in the Cryoprocessor.
I will have it out by Tuesday Morning.

Thank you John.

Respectfully: Gregg Hekimian
Hekimian Racing Engines
617-926-0608
Old 05-30-2002, 05:35 PM

On the flip side, just because it costs more, doesn't mean it's better. Hope this helps you
Old 05-30-2002, 05:40 PM

Heres the Email he sent me back
Hi John:

1) Weights 2lbs
2) made of bar stock billet 7075
3) Cryogenically treated
4) Hard coat anodized
5) 20 lb gain in torque
6) large radii for strength
7) precision broached keyway

Please relay a message to ***** for me.
Tell him I got his Throw out bearing and everything is already in the Cryoprocessor.
I will have it out by Tuesday Morning.

Thank you John.

Respectfully: Gregg Hekimian
Hekimian Racing Engines
617-926-0608
Okay maybe I'm a little confused on this. Has he already made a pulley or does he need 10 people sign up and THEN he'll make/sell them?
If he has already made a pulley:

Where are the dyno numbers? Not what he says the pulley will make, but actual numbers on a dyno.

If he hasnt already made and tested/dyno'd a pulley:

I'm not sure 10 people will sign up for a product that isnt even made or tested yet. His hp/torque numbers seem a little far fetched to me. But if those numbers are dyno'd I'd like to see.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by James92SE

Okay maybe I'm a little confused on this. Has he already made a pulley or does he need 10 people sign up and THEN he'll make/sell them?

Where are the dyno numbers? Not what he says the pulley will make, but actual numbers on a dyno.

I'm not sure 10 people will sign up for a product that isnt even made or tested yet. His hp/torque numbers seem a little far fetched to me. But if those numbers are dyno'd I'd like to see.
He used to make them but Then stopped but to start up again he needs ten. Like I said he has a dyno from a old maxima. If you want it give me ur e-mail address.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:41 PM

I believe that this pulley is larger than the UR pulley. It weighs 2lbs while the UR weighs 1.5 Is there another factor for a pulley that would aid in hp increase?
Old 05-30-2002, 08:57 PM

i dont know, IMO the UR pully seems like the best, its cost effective, its light, its small, what else could you actually need?

Pully`s arent that great for power anyways. if really want power. you`ll know what to buy
Old 05-30-2002, 11:34 PM

He used to make them but Then stopped but to start up again he needs ten. Like I said he has a dyno from a old maxima. If you want it give me ur e-mail address.
James92se@yahoo.com
Old 05-31-2002, 12:09 PM
To them I'm like an idol

Isn't this the guy that does the 300HP VG?
Old 05-31-2002, 12:19 PM

Originally posted by blackandwhite

Isn't this the guy that does the 300HP VG?
yes
300+
$8950
Old 05-31-2002, 02:59 PM

Hmm....well here's the numbers from the dynograph that JDwyer e-mailed me:

Baseline:

103.1 hp and 114.2 ft. lbs torque

Pulley:

124.3 hp and 134.2 ft. lbs torque

That's +21.2 hp and +20 ft. lbs of torque.

What car was this dyno'd on? I assume it's a VG auto judging from the baseline numbers. Those baseline numbers look pretty low to me, but then again I'm not a VG guy.

Are there any numbers on the VE?? How long ago and why did he stop making them in the first place?
Old 05-31-2002, 03:08 PM

Hmm....well here's the numbers from the dynograph that JDwyer e-mailed me:

Baseline:

103.1 hp and 114.2 ft. lbs torque

Pulley:

124.3 hp and 134.2 ft. lbs torque

That's +21.2 hp and +20 ft. lbs of torque.

What car was this dyno'd on? I assume it's a VG auto judging from the baseline numbers. Those baseline numbers look pretty low to me, but then again I'm not a VG guy.

Are there any numbers on the VE?? How long ago and why did he stop making them in the first place?
http://images.cardomain.com/installs/153000-153999/153263_40_full.jpg
Its from a 80's Max auto
Old 05-31-2002, 03:11 PM

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/153000-153999/153263_40_full.jpg
Its from a 80's Max auto
Copy and Paste it Its the Dyno chart

Quick Reply: I can Get VE or VG Hekimian Racing Lightened Crank pulley!