3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Help (brake)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 05:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Help (brake)

I have 1992 Maxima and just today there seemed to be no problem but after an hour, when i put my foot on the brake there was a sound coming from underneath the car and from the front right side brake so is it serious damage or minor. And what happenned
Old 05-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Help (brake)

Originally posted by Terry28
I have 1992 Maxima and just today there seemed to be no problem but after an hour, when i put my foot on the brake there was a sound coming from underneath the car and from the front right side brake so is it serious damage or minor. And what happenned
a sound enh? wanna DESCRIBE the sound?
Old 05-31-2002, 05:54 PM

Re: Help (brake)

Do newbies get more dumb with each set that comes along?
Old 05-31-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Help (brake)

Originally posted by DanNY

a sound enh? wanna DESCRIBE the sound?
well the sound coming from under the car is like somethig is dragging and the sound coming from front right side of the brake is like something has gotten in its way. Thanx
Old 05-31-2002, 06:02 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

well the sound coming from under the car is like somethig is dragging and the sound coming from front right side of the brake is like something has gotten in its way. Thanx
splash shield rubbing? hard to tell..why don't u stick your head in there and look around. see if there's anything rubbing.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:09 PM

Re: Re: Help (brake)

Originally posted by Sudesh

Do newbies get more dumb with each set that comes along?
who you calling dumb??
Old 05-31-2002, 06:19 PM

Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

who you calling dumb??
Thank you for proving my point.

Then answer to your question is YOU.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

Thank you for proving my point.

Then answer to your question is YOU.
what ever i am going to ignore you!!
Old 05-31-2002, 06:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

what ever i am going to ignore you!!

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!!!

I believe my life will end if my antics aren't brought to your attention.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

Yes my friend, no need to ponder too hard, it was in fact sarcasm.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

Yes my friend, no need to ponder too hard, it was in fact sarcasm.
Ok sorry Bro!!
BUt don't be calling me dumb and if you are not a newbie why don't u answer my question about the brakes!!
Thanx
Later
Old 05-31-2002, 06:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

hey man, i need some help too. theres this noise that sounds like this, and its coming from the thing over there. any help would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:38 PM

Ok sorry Bro!!
BUt don't be calling me dumb and if you are not a newbie why don't u answer my question about the brakes!!
Thanx
Later
How do you expect anyone to answer your question by reading your first post? Anyone who can figure out your problem based on that first post should be crowed King of all maximas far and near.

if you feel something has gotten in the way, take off your wheel and take a look...don't expect people here to help you when you refuse to help yourself.

Take off your wheel. Take a look.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help (brake)

Originally posted by matt1sd
hey man, i need some help too. theres this noise that sounds like this, and its coming from the thing over there. any help would be appreciated.
Usually the only known part that would cause a noise from the thing over there is the jigga-ma-thingy. When my thing over there started to make noises I didn't waste time fixing it. Luckily Auto-Zone carries Bosch brand jigga-ma-thingy's. OEM jigga-ma-thingy's are too expensive.

If you need a write up you can look on craig b's page, he has all the write ups.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

How do you expect anyone to answer your question by reading your first post? Anyone who can figure out your problem based on that first post should be crowed King of all maximas far and near.

if you feel something has gotten in the way, take off your wheel and take a look...don't expect people here to help you when you refuse to help yourself.

Take off your wheel. Take a look.
you sound more and more like me as the days go...scary..LOL
Old 05-31-2002, 06:58 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Ok sorry Bro!!
Thanx
Later
i don't think ANYONE can answer your question. it's so vague that it can be anything.

i'm usually not this nice...so be happy i'm trying to help you. but you're the only one that can help yourself. see what's the problem..maybe a stick is in there..maybe somethng fell loose. we can't determine a problem over the internet with a very vague description.
it's like trying to perform heart surgery over the phone. no effin way.
sudesh wanted to show u your fault. u fail to realize that. think for a second what you posted...let's see..it's making some sound. right wheel...comes and goes..but it's the right side..hmmm....maybe brakes. now read that back and think if ANYONE can help u w/ that question. i asked what kind of sound..u tell me it's dragging..ok maybe your wheel fell off about 10 miles ago and it's dragging? who knows? trying to help u is like pulling teeth.

try not to ignore the veterans..they are the ones that can help you more. like i always say...my car is running fine how's yours?

oh and a side note..we're not here to help u 24/7 and to be magicians on solving your problems.

so Becky hike up that skirt get down on the ground and look around the wheel to see what's making that sound. maybe you need brakes...maybe it's your axle...who knows.

that's the warmest welcome i can come up with.
P.S....USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!
Old 06-01-2002, 02:43 PM

noise?

i turn my car on and it doesn't even make a noise. well..come to think of it..the car isnt on. and...the car wont start! oh my god..what's wrong with me?! but yeah..i second that dumber newbie thing.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:05 PM

Originally posted by DanNY

i don't think ANYONE can answer your question. it's so vague that it can be anything.

i'm usually not this nice...so be happy i'm trying to help you. but you're the only one that can help yourself. see what's the problem..maybe a stick is in there..maybe somethng fell loose. we can't determine a problem over the internet with a very vague description.
it's like trying to perform heart surgery over the phone. no effin way.
sudesh wanted to show u your fault. u fail to realize that. think for a second what you posted...let's see..it's making some sound. right wheel...comes and goes..but it's the right side..hmmm....maybe brakes. now read that back and think if ANYONE can help u w/ that question. i asked what kind of sound..u tell me it's dragging..ok maybe your wheel fell off about 10 miles ago and it's dragging? who knows? trying to help u is like pulling teeth.

try not to ignore the veterans..they are the ones that can help you more. like i always say...my car is running fine how's yours?

oh and a side note..we're not here to help u 24/7 and to be magicians on solving your problems.

so Becky hike up that skirt get down on the ground and look around the wheel to see what's making that sound. maybe you need brakes...maybe it's your axle...who knows.

that's the warmest welcome i can come up with.
P.S....USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!!!
tHANX for all your help and making me see the mistake i made
thank you