3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Five-ohs and NoFront Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 09:29 PM

Five-ohs and NoFront Plates

Wassup people. Aiight. i figured my car looked better without the front plates, so off it came along with the nissan emblem. Now the front of my car looks really plain and black and i think it looks cool that way, especially at night. Well i got pulled over last week doing 10under the speed limit on highway 6 by a state trooper for not having front plates. I got a warning. I got pulled over this afternoon again for not having front plates. Ok i know, i'm stubborn, so i've put it in my windshield dash, but it just sux cos i see a lot of other cars without plates. why do they pick on me

lophix
Old 06-20-2002, 09:40 PM

Odd I live in WA, which requires front plates. My just bought Max is from Oregon which requires front plates. I haven't had a front plate on it for almost two weeks (since I got it), and haven't gotten a second look. I dunno, Are you drivin around with your fro out the window?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:51 PM
Dallas Nissan Enthusiast

yea

i live in texas where they dont forgive $hit and im black no front plat for almost one year,no prob.
Old 06-21-2002, 01:17 AM

i'm from PA that has no front plates, but i'm living in ohio for school. cops hear me and look, and turn around but once they see it's PA. . . . still sucks getting followed
Old 06-21-2002, 06:03 AM

five ohs!

Well i aint got a fro and even if i did, i sure wouldn't let it hang out the window. I have limo tint on my glasses, and i usually drive with my front windows down, sunroof tilted and 2 12's hitting. The car is superblack, with superblack tint and I am black.....well brown skinned actually, but oh well. I don't really like unnecessary attention but I can't help it if my max looks good!!

lophix without a
Old 06-21-2002, 06:17 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: five ohs!

I am glad I have never lived in a state that required front plates because I dont like them on any car. I think the front end is a lot cleaner without plates.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:27 AM

H-town rolling

Oh and by the way, do you guys still hit westheimer? I was there last saturday and it was looking hot. A few mini races with a couple of ricers. was fun but the "five ohs" as usual, killed the fun. They do that best anyways, do you guys still ht westheimer and if so let's hook up and form a mini convoy saturday or sumpth if y'all aren't busy.

lophix w/o
Old 06-21-2002, 01:52 PM

Re: five ohs!

Originally posted by lophix
Well i aint got a fro and even if i did, i sure wouldn't let it hang out the window. I have limo tint on my glasses, and i usually drive with my front windows down, sunroof tilted and 2 12's hitting. The car is superblack, with superblack tint and I am black.....well brown skinned actually, but oh well. I don't really like unnecessary attention but I can't help it if my max looks good!!

lophix without a
Hahaha! The funny thing is, you sound like my twin! I just didnt have tint, wish I did though.

About the front plates, I havent had mine on since
August, and I havent gotten a single look. My friend who is white and drives a white celica got pulled over for it though! I guess the five-ohs around here just gave me the thumbs up because my ride was just so damn sexy!

Look Ma! No Plate!
Old 06-21-2002, 01:58 PM

Re: Re: five ohs!

Originally posted by DaBoxSE

Hahaha! The funny thing is, you sound like my twin! I just didnt have tint, wish I did though.

About the front plates, I havent had mine on since
August, and I havent gotten a single look. My friend who is white and drives a white celica got pulled over for it though! I guess the five-ohs around here just gave me the thumbs up because my ride was just so damn sexy!

Look Ma! No Plate!
OMG!!!! THAT'S MY CAR!!!!!!

well with the tint. where do u stay??
Old 06-21-2002, 02:10 PM

Im in Massachusetts. You should go to my homepage. That WAS my car...I miss it so much. I was just another brotha trying to bling in the black max but the man, ran me off the road
Old 06-21-2002, 02:23 PM

Yeah i remember you now...

were you able to recover your ride or u had to get a 93 se?

lophix w/o a
Old 06-21-2002, 03:11 PM
OG Maxima.org Member

Im in Massachusetts. You should go to my homepage. That WAS my car...I miss it so much. I was just another brotha trying to bling in the black max but the man, ran me off the road
Oh... that's a good one!!!

Here in ND, they require license plates, and I outta know... I got rolled on by "da man" about a year ago! And the funked up thing about that was, IT WASN'T MY CAR!!!

...times like this, I miss Florida!
Old 06-21-2002, 04:22 PM

Re: Yeah i remember you now...

Originally posted by lophix
were you able to recover your ride or u had to get a 93 se?

lophix w/o a
This is my ride now. 11 Jersey barriers ganged up on me!

lost the car, saved all the mods except the WSP Y pipe.
Old 06-21-2002, 04:35 PM

I live in Dallas...

I'm pretty sure TX requires front plates. That's kinda annoying because it just ruins the look of the car. When I was in Oklahoma and in Arkansas a couple summers back it seemed like NONE of the cars there had front plates. I wonder how many states dont require them?

Anyway, I took off my front plate when I first got the car at 16. That was 3 yrs ago, never had a problem with it at all. It's like one of those things were technically the cops can ticket you for it but they generally let it go. But if you get pulled over for racing or something they'll go around and ticket anything they can on your car (hyperwhites, no front plate, being too low, etc etc.) I've gotten questioned about it a few times but just told the cop it got ripped off in a fender bender. He was like "better get that fixed buddy". lol.

In fact I dont even know where my front plate is anymore.
Old 06-21-2002, 06:48 PM

Re: Re: Yeah i remember you now...

ooooooooooo!!!!! that must have hurt! Now u gon give me bad dreams about my max looking like that!!! hope you're okay and no-one was hurt.

lophix w/o a
Old 06-22-2002, 07:09 AM

Re: Five-ohs and NoFront Plates

In Massachusetts they have required 2 plates, (w/red letters/numbers) for years. A long time ago they used to give out green numbered plates, and you only got ONE.

So I still have a single green plate from 1987.. it's ratty as hell on my new car, but looks better than having 2 new plates.

I thought about calling the registry to get a replacement (they do it when your plates are stolen) but I'm worried they will switch me over to red letter plates.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:42 PM

I got a question for you guys. My front bumper only has holes for the Wide japanese style plates. Am I the only one? I just put it on with one screw and made it as tight as possible to hold the plate level.

I got cought with no front plate in RI... a $50 dollar ticket+plus court to prove I put it on for. I even kept the plate in the back seat so if I got pulled over I could just say it fell off the day before. The cop did not care
Old 06-22-2002, 07:16 PM

i got pulled over and they didnt say anything about it
Old 06-22-2002, 07:16 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally posted by PATRICK94SE
I got a question for you guys. My front bumper only has holes for the Wide japanese style plates. Am I the only one? I just put it on with one screw and made it as tight as possible to hold the plate level.

I got cought with no front plate in RI... a $50 dollar ticket+plus court to prove I put it on for. I even kept the plate in the back seat so if I got pulled over I could just say it fell off the day before. The cop did not care
The insert for the inner screws are there too if you take your bumper off you will see 2 nuts on each side (one for inner and one for outer)
On the front of the bumper there should be small dimples to show you where to put the screws. Just drill out there and put the bolts and your good to go. Dont drill too far though because you dont want to mess up the nut on the backing.

I have one of the plastic holders that are made for the cars(the one in my sig on the 93-I took it off and filled the holes) they have a bolt that goes to the bumper bolt and is held in by the screws. I will let you have it if you want it just pay shipping.
Let me know

Michael Hudnell
awsm66@netdoor.com
Old 06-22-2002, 07:42 PM

five oh!

i spoke to a five-oh that's stationed at the mall I work and he said I'd keep getting pulled over because my car attracts their attention and it WILL lead to me getting a ticket if I get warned 3 times in a year. So i guess i'll be putting it back on

lophix w/o a but with a front plate on.
Old 06-24-2002, 01:19 PM

Front plates stink. New York requires them.
I think they are just plain ooogly, I would love to take mine off.
That black max that there was a pic in this thread previously looks tight as hell!!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 06:44 PM

Re: Re: Yeah i remember you now...

MAN I feel bad for you. I know how much I loved my black 93 SE.. thie pics on your site brought back many good memories. Glad you're ok though!

Pat in Mass.