3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Beat some ricer butt

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Beat some ricer butt

I had civic hatchback pull up beside me today. Slammed, stickered, chromed, blah blah blah.

Here is the best part: He had SPRAY PAINTED his hood black. The rest of the car was white. You could see the overspray and run marks. I guess he wanted the "carbon fiber" look. I point this out to my g/f and we both start laughing.

The light turned green and he took off. I actually managed to beat this guy! I stayed even with him through 40 mph and started to pull by 50 mph. I let off at 75 mph. Of course he screamed by me. Guess that clown was all show and no go. Go VG auto. Booh Civic

That is all.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:44 PM

Re: Beat some ricer butt

Congrats to you sir, unfortunetaly I got burned by my friends Volvo tonight... it was a 2002 and Im not sure of the model, but I stayed with him till about 55 mph, then he took off. He was in an automatic as well but his car had to have some horsepower as he was carrying 3 passengers and I was carrying 1.
Old 07-04-2002, 10:39 PM

Re: Re: Beat some ricer butt

Originally posted by NCSUmax
Congrats to you sir, unfortunetaly I got burned by my friends Volvo tonight... it was a 2002 and Im not sure of the model, but I stayed with him till about 55 mph, then he took off. He was in an automatic as well but his car had to have some horsepower as he was carrying 3 passengers and I was carrying 1.
Be carefull with those Volvos. Some of them do have turbo. My step-mom has a 1998 740 Turbo Wagon Auto(Thats right a stock turbo wagon) Talk about a sleeper. Anyway, It takes a while for the turbo to spool up on it...but once it gets going...DAMN. It will take off. It's actually a very fun car to drive.
Old 07-04-2002, 11:20 PM

I remember the volvo print ads of your that had a pic of a lambo with a U-haul attached to is, and the Vulva turbo wagon, claiming that the performance of the two were the same
Old 07-04-2002, 11:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

The other night i raced a 2002 Turbo passat, this dude ****ed me off he kept on flaunting his turbo at me so we lined up at a red light he just reved and i sat there like well another win. The light turned green and i started to pull away it was pretty awsome then when i slowed down the dude came up to me and fliped me off so i guess he got mad because he got beat with a NA car. I just love VE Power...
Old 07-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

an explorer tried to race me, he kept "jumping", i dont know if he was a spaz or trying to trick me? who knows, i just contiuned to sit there and listen to my music, go goes and peels out and i decide to have some fun, just kept him about eye level with his grill, boy did he get ****ed off, next light I asked him if he still wanted to "jump" his car, he just told me to shut the F up. i was just like ok dude, you started the whole thing, dont get ****ed at me, i was just relaxing at the light.
anyway
good job
MrGone
Old 07-05-2002, 01:21 AM

The 1.8T found in VWs and Audis are not something to be trifled with, they can be boosted up to astronomical levels, but lack it in a stock setting.

As for "jumping", back in my Audi days, probably a year and a half ago, I was on highway 99, just outside Seattle, when a Tarus SHO pulls up next to me. He keeps lurching forward, or "jumping", and I, taking note of my 108hp rated automatic Audi, declined to race him. However he tried to take off, spun his tires like crazy (Seattle: wet roads), and then flew off. However, I cruised along, and from behind me, a car changed lanes to the right, hauled *** up to the SHO, and then turned on his lights! It was cop car with the lights in the back window, not on top. Well, needless to say, I was damn near the point of peeing myself because the dumbass got a ticket for trying to race someone who wasn't even racing him at all!