4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

WTB: Stillen knock-off RSB, Stillen RSB or Addco RSB

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Lightly modded

WTB: Stillen knock-off RSB, Stillen RSB or Addco RSB

I would prefer the Stillen knock-off RSB, but will consider others if the price is right.

Any sellers?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Blown

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
I would prefer the Stillen knock-off RSB, but will consider others if the price is right.

Any sellers?
I'm not positive of the brand of the one that I have but I will sell it. I can bring it to the meet, but I would need to know something soon because I will need to take it off of my car.
I think it is a progress bar, it has been coated blue but it looks just like this one that cattman sells for 139.

http://www.cattman.com/prod_swaybars.html

Anyway let me know so I can take it off if you want it. Everything is in good shape but the bolts could probably be replaced...I would still give you the old ones though.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by cardana24
I'm not positive of the brand of the one that I have but I will sell it. I can bring it to the meet, but I would need to know something soon because I will need to take it off of my car.
I think it is a progress bar, it has been coated blue but it looks just like this one that cattman sells for 139.

http://www.cattman.com/prod_swaybars.html

Anyway let me know so I can take it off if you want it. Everything is in good shape but the bolts could probably be replaced...I would still give you the old ones though.
If it is indeed a Progress, I would love to buy it at the meet. What size bolts will I need to buy? Got pics? After doing some more research, I don't think I want to buy a Addco bar, so as long as this is a Progress, I'm down. What would you want for it?
Old 09-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Blown

If it is indeed a Progress, I would love to buy it at the meet. What size bolts will I need to buy? Got pics? After doing some more research, I don't think I want to buy a Addco bar, so as long as this is a Progress, I'm down. What would you want for it?
Like I said I am not positive what brand it is...I bought it a while ago from a guy in NC. I forget what brand he said it is. I can tell you that it looks just like the link from above, except the guy who had it before painted it blue. The bar and hardware all looks exactly the same as what is pictured on cattmans site. As for bolt size I don't know the size, I can give you the ones that are on there now and you can buy them according to those sizes or just get something else that fits. As for pics I guessing I can take a few but it's on my car right now, I don't know how much you would be able to see.

Anyway if you want it, I will take $80 for it at the meet.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Lightly modded

Like I said I am not positive what brand it is...I bought it a while ago from a guy in NC. I forget what brand he said it is. I can tell you that it looks just like the link from above, except the guy who had it before painted it blue. The bar and hardware all looks exactly the same as what is pictured on cattmans site. As for bolt size I don't know the size, I can give you the ones that are on there now and you can buy them according to those sizes or just get something else that fits. As for pics I guessing I can take a few but it's on my car right now, I don't know how much you would be able to see.

Anyway if you want it, I will take $80 for it at the meet.
Hmm, I need to know for sure what brand it is before I ask you to remove it. Any chance you could check for a part number or something? From what I hear the Addcos have some hardware problems which were fixed in the Progress design, so I want to make sure it's a Progress.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Blown

Hmm, I need to know for sure what brand it is before I ask you to remove it. Any chance you could check for a part number or something? From what I hear the Addcos have some hardware problems which were fixed in the Progress design, so I want to make sure it's a Progress.

Thanks!
I can try. I don't remember seeing anything on the bar though when I was putting it on. What kind of hardware problems were there? The stuff that I have looks just like what is pictured on cattmans site. Was the material changed or something?
Old 09-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Lightly modded

I can try. I don't remember seeing anything on the bar though when I was putting it on. What kind of hardware problems were there? The stuff that I have looks just like what is pictured on cattmans site. Was the material changed or something?
From Brian Cattman in his GD thread, talking about Addco:
There were two fundamental problems. Quality control was an absolute nightmare - missing parts in the attachment hardware, damaged parts, you name it. Every batch we received had at least a 10% problem rate, and sometimes up to 25% of the units had something wrong with them. The folks in the front office were very nice, but there seemed to be a complete disconnect with the factory floor, and there were never any lasting improvements.

In theory, they could have fixed the QC issues since then (though I doubt it, its a family-owned business, and the same people are in charge), but that would not have addressed problem #2, which is that the quality of their attaching hardware is poor and the design is weak and fundamentally flawed. Specifically, they create brackets by bending the wrong bolts, the wrong way, and it results in a weakened bracket that can snap unexpectedly. The connection to the car is not as strong as it needs to be. I'll also toss in that the installation instructions were very poor (and the instructions with the Progress bar are quite good).

We knew we were having QC issues throughout the time we sold the ADDCO part, but came to realize the problems with the attachment hardware over time (which they refused to acknowledge), as customers complained, and once that became apparent we dropped the brand like a hot rock. We had heard about a small up-and-coming suspension company that made a great product, so we took the project to Progress Technologies. They started with the basic idea behind the ADDCO product, and then re-engineered everything, resulting in the absolutely excellent and problem-free Progress RSB that we've been happily selling for the last 6 years.

QC issues are extremely rare, not even 1% over the hundreds (or maybe thousands) of units we've sold. The quality and strength of the critical attachment hardware is outstanding, and I don't think we've EVER seen a problem come up with an installed unit.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Blown

like I said the one I have looks just like what is pictured on cattmans site. As I stated before I would suggest you replace the bolts. I am not sure which bar I have for certian, if for some reason I feel like lifting my car in the next few days I will look for a p/n.

If you feel like searching my old posts, I probably bought the bar is 06ish...I'm guessing, and I found it from a guy off of here, and I picked it up NC, so it may be posted some where in the 4th gen classifieds or possibly in the local forum...I really don't remember.