4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

WTB - 00vi w/ all 5th gen and q45 tb

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010 | 03:04 AM

WTB - 00vi w/ all 5th gen and q45 tb

hi, as some of you know i just got my 3rd 4th gen the other week while i was home on leave. im currently back here in iraq for another 6 months or so and id like a boat load of parts to play with when i get back. its going into the shop pretty soon to get the kinks worked out. then probably wheels and a bbk after that... ill have custom led tails and retro'd r34 made while im gone hopefully too.

but as far as performance goes, id like to get ahold of an 00vi with all the 5th gen parts accept the tb... from what ive read you can use a pathfinder tb but it takes a couple mods. while the q45 is an easy swap? correct me if im wrong people! i cant seem to find the how-to/info guide on the 00vi any more either so is the q45 or pathfinder better on the 00vi? or just stock. im just going on the general idea of more air + more fuel = more power lol... but anyways, if someone out there has the FULL setup let me know as im interested! and by full, im talking down to the sensors, new bolts, and all that... i dont want to have to go source stuff out when i get home to put it on...

oh and where is that page on the for sale stuff with the guy that always has them! i tried to find it again but no luck...
Old 04-06-2010 | 06:36 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...-spec-ecu.html

You will still need a switch though.
Old 04-06-2010 | 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by cartman854
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...-spec-ecu.html

You will still need a switch though.
yeah i went ahead and messaged him anyways... but its all 5th gen, no different tb... and he didnt say anything about new bolts, or valve covers, etc... id really like the FULL kit with everything ready to go. that way when i get home in sept i can just toss it in tune it up n go!
Old 04-06-2010 | 12:55 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/6...-pathy-tb.html

tl;dr q45 is too big, get a pathy tb.
Old 04-06-2010 | 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by schmellyfart
http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/6...-pathy-tb.html

tl;dr q45 is too big, get a pathy tb.
haha, lots of reading on that one! i also read the q45 on 00vi post... that ranting was funny. but like you said, seems to be to large for anything that isnt running crazy numbers. i guess a pathy tb will do for the swap then, even if i do sc/tc in the future! what comes along with using the pathy tb? should i use its maf, and what kind of adapter plate, if any, is needed? wiring differences?
Old 04-07-2010 | 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by max_dreamer
haha, lots of reading on that one! i also read the q45 on 00vi post... that ranting was funny. but like you said, seems to be to large for anything that isnt running crazy numbers. i guess a pathy tb will do for the swap then, even if i do sc/tc in the future! what comes along with using the pathy tb? should i use its maf, and what kind of adapter plate, if any, is needed? wiring differences?
With the pathy tb, you can either drill new holes in the tb or buy an adapter plate. The only person I know of that makes the adapter plates is Steven Max. If you can, pick up a pathy tb with the IACV housing and IACV as well. The 5th gen and pathy IACV are interchangeable (I'm running a pathy IACV in the 5th gen IACV housing ATM). Your stock MAF will be fine. I'm almost positive the 4th gen TPS will work in the pathy tb. It's beneficial to port the UIM to match the pathy tb. The stock MAF can also be ported to compliment the pathy tb. Someone here was/is selling a ported MAF and claimed gains of 10hp after tuning. You can also bypass the coolant on the tb, that's just personal preference.
Old 04-07-2010 | 04:18 AM

With the pathy tb, you can either drill new holes in the tb or buy an adapter plate. The only person I know of that makes the adapter plates is Steven Max. If you can, pick up a pathy tb with the IACV housing and IACV as well. The 5th gen and pathy IACV are interchangeable (I'm running a pathy IACV in the 5th gen IACV housing ATM). Your stock MAF will be fine. I'm almost positive the 4th gen TPS will work in the pathy tb. It's beneficial to port the UIM to match the pathy tb. The stock MAF can also be ported to compliment the pathy tb. Someone here was/is selling a ported MAF and claimed gains of 10hp after tuning. You can also bypass the coolant on the tb, that's just personal preference.
yeah ive thought about getting me a dremel kit when i get home and doing a little porting... and id assume just using the pathy tb, iacv, and maf would be a better combo than trying to port ours or anything... do you port the upper and lower intake manifolds or just the upper at the tb? oh and redrilling some holes shouldnt be a problem on the tb but if the adapter plate looks better i may go that route... id just like it to look as oe and clean as possible. and whats the deal with the connectors? should i use our iacv because of the connector, or could i mod those to work?

i feel like im competent enough to do all the wire work, i just dont want to try and learn the harness for a first time go. i mod power supplies on computers and all that stuff all the time. custom cables and what not. fix amps, tvs, and tons of electronics but ive never delt with a cars harness
Old 04-07-2010 | 06:52 AM

yeah ive thought about getting me a dremel kit when i get home and doing a little porting... and id assume just using the pathy tb, iacv, and maf would be a better combo than trying to port ours or anything... do you port the upper and lower intake manifolds or just the upper at the tb? oh and redrilling some holes shouldnt be a problem on the tb but if the adapter plate looks better i may go that route... id just like it to look as oe and clean as possible. and whats the deal with the connectors? should i use our iacv because of the connector, or could i mod those to work?

i feel like im competent enough to do all the wire work, i just dont want to try and learn the harness for a first time go. i mod power supplies on computers and all that stuff all the time. custom cables and what not. fix amps, tvs, and tons of electronics but ive never delt with a cars harness
Yes you can mod the harness of the IACV to work with the 5th gen. Saw it in the how tos somewhere last night lol. There is a lot of info there.
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:09 AM

I have all the parts you need except the thottlebody. PM Me if your interested.
Old 04-07-2010 | 05:17 PM

Ive read that people have worn out many sanding drums when using a dremel to do some porting. You don't have to port the upper and lower intake manifolds, but it wouldn't hurt to do it. At the very least, port the upper at the tb. http://kyleb.semanticalsyntax.com/00VI_Manual_v1.pdf Page 7 for the IACV Connector.

Car harnesses really aren't all that different, I used to mod consumer electronics all the time before I found the org
Old 04-09-2010 | 02:02 AM

Ive read that people have worn out many sanding drums when using a dremel to do some porting. You don't have to port the upper and lower intake manifolds, but it wouldn't hurt to do it. At the very least, port the upper at the tb. http://kyleb.semanticalsyntax.com/00VI_Manual_v1.pdf Page 7 for the IACV Connector.

Car harnesses really aren't all that different, I used to mod consumer electronics all the time before I found the org
yeah ill have to do some reading on that link! thanks alot for it! oh and i may have gotten pretty lucky and not have to do the porting myself! lol so problem solved! and one day maybe ill dig into a spare harness and rebuild it for S*** n giggles. i remember back in the day reading a forum on hondas where a guy did a completely new custom harness with larger and/or better quality wires and it actually cleaned up the signals so much he gained like 8 hp in areas! although time consuming as heck and probably not all that cost effective! i bet it would look AMAZING!

and on the OP subject. i was able to find someone to work with me and they have allll the parts id like to buy so if mods would like to close this one up thats cool with me!
PURCHASED!!! ty everyone!