4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Street Racing threads (kill threads)

Old 07-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Street Racing threads (kill threads)

In an effort to reduce the number of street racing threads (or "I raced a such-and-such and won/lost" type threads), they will only be allowed during the weekends.

During the week (Monday morning - Friday afternoon), such threads will be locked and deleted.

Please do not abuse this by turning the 4th gen forum into a street racing/kill forum during the weekends.

"Kills" at the track are of course exempt from this new rule.

If you absolutely feel the need to post about your previous nights street races, feel free to post them in the General Forum.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

What about the endless string of lame "can I beat a ___ " threads?

I think those should be delted all the time...
Old 07-29-2002, 10:30 AM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

Please do NOT feel free to do this.

Originally posted by clee130

If you absolutely feel the need to post about your previous nights street races, feel free to post them in the General Forum.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:16 PM

Re: Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Please do NOT feel free to do this.

Old 07-29-2002, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

I agree.

While it's fine to compare our cars and wonder how other cars will perform, starting a thread like this will not be tolerated:

"Yo, this kid I know is talking smack about my Maxima and he wants to race me. He sez he's gonna smoke me and I was wondering how I would do against his 10 speed Schwinn."

Again, asking about experiences at the 1/4 track or autocross are a different matter.
Old 07-29-2002, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by mzmtg

Yes, please! About time those kind of threads get deleted. I was so sick of seeing people posting those sort of stuff. If they want to know, just go out and race...simple as that.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:54 AM

I don't get it, my friends dad has a Lincoln LS (V6) that he says will smoke my Max, I do not want to race him on the street, and his dad for sure won't let him take it to a track. So I can't ask in here to feel better and know he's just an idiot.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:37 AM

Originally posted by JR_Anders
I don't get it, my friends dad has a Lincoln LS (V6) that he says will smoke my Max, I do not want to race him on the street, and his dad for sure won't let him take it to a track. So I can't ask in here to feel better and know he's just an idiot.
In this case, it's a moot point whether you ask or not, isn't it? You don't want to race on the streets and he can't race on the track. When it comes down to it, you're going to be bench racing anyways. Even if you do ask on here.

There's more to a person and to life than how fast their car can go and who can beat who. He says he can smoke your Max? Then let him think that. In then end, does it really matter?

[not aimed at you, but everyone in general]

How quickly people forget that there have been Org members that have lost their lives from street racing. And people have also lost or damaged their cars due to street racing. It was always Jambo's policy and Maxima.org's policy that street racing is not condoned or supported in any way. That's why there is no kill forum dispite many people asking for one.

[/not aimed at you, but everyone in general]
Old 07-30-2002, 08:58 PM

if you would like to talk about races, there is plenty of roomhere
Old 07-31-2002, 02:55 PM

I agree.

While it's fine to compare our cars and wonder how other cars will perform, starting a thread like this will not be tolerated:

"Yo, this kid I know is talking smack about my Maxima and he wants to race me. He sez he's gonna smoke me and I was wondering how I would do against his 10 speed Schwinn."

Again, asking about experiences at the 1/4 track or autocross are a different matter.

LOL
Old 07-31-2002, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Cumalot

Yes, please! About time those kind of threads get deleted. I was so sick of seeing people posting those sort of stuff. If they want to know, just go out and race...simple as that.
The reason a lot of people ask these questions is so they know if it is worth it to race or not. Why bother risking getting pulled over and risking your life if one car is going to totally demolish the other?
Old 07-31-2002, 04:13 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by RapidMax

The reason a lot of people ask these questions is so they know if it is worth it to race or not. Why bother risking getting pulled over and risking your life if one car is going to totally demolish the other?
Ok, I am REALLY not trying to be a smart a$$.

BUT "why bother risking getting pulled over and risking your life" if basicly the race is lopsided

So why race a civic? What if it has a tubro and NOS.. and YES I do know a buddy with both on his civic. So you did not know your were going to get your butt kicked.

So then it is ok to risk being pulled over and risking your life?

See what I mean.. BTW I am not saying anything for or against street racing, just tyring to better understand your comment
Old 07-31-2002, 06:43 PM

How quickly people forget that there have been Org members that have lost their lives from street racing. And people have also lost or damaged their cars due to street racing. It was always Jambo's policy and Maxima.org's policy that street racing is not condoned or supported in any way. That's why there is no kill forum dispite many people asking for one.
Forget what I said before. I totally agree.
Old 08-01-2002, 04:19 PM

yeah - street racing posts kinda suck.........but let the noobs slide the first time
Old 08-01-2002, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
yeah - street racing posts kinda suck.........but let the noobs slide the first time
Hell no.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by bags533

BUT "why bother risking getting pulled over and risking your life" if basicly the race is lopsided

So why race a civic? What if it has a tubro and NOS.. and YES I do know a buddy with both on his civic. So you did not know your were going to get your butt kicked.
i cant believe that u KNOW someone with BOTH of those
Old 08-01-2002, 06:39 PM

95emeraldgxe yeah - street racing posts kinda suck.........but let the noobs slide the first time
Hey are you calling me a noob?
Old 08-02-2002, 07:03 AM

my point

I don't understand the rational in closing threads about racing on weekdays? I see no logic in it...

Is the purpose of this to cease the talk of street racing because its not condoned on the forum? If that's the case then why don't you ban it all together if its such a sore subject with people

If not, then why just on weekends...people aren't at their computers on nice saturday afternoons or nites anxiously reading the forum...they're out driving their maximas not wasting their time in front of their computers...

What if a thread is started on a weekend and people with LIVES don't read it till they get to work on monday...are they allowed to post?...or they have to patiently wait until saturday to reply?

And lastly, if ALL of you are SOOOO sick of reading the "can i beat" thread...then...well...DON'T READ THEM...instead of moderators trying to enforce rules about topics and when to write about them...why don't they just make it clear that EVERYONE on the board appreciates a descriptive subject heading...then people that get physically sick when they read threads like that can skip them...and people (like me) who are curious or might have some input can reply...i don't understand the big deal about it...so what if it doesn't matter to you or you're just plain sick of them...how many threads have there been about superchargers???...i'm NEVER putting one on my car but i'm not rallying the townsfolk to protest those threads...i just pass them over and move on

This is supposed to be a friendly forum for people of common interest to ask questions, talk freely (within reason) and get info...as soon as a fist of authority starts slamming down rules and regulations that stifle this...it loses its appeal

thanks for listening,
adrian
Old 08-02-2002, 07:10 AM

So then it is ok to risk being pulled over and risking your life?

See what I mean.. BTW I am not saying anything for or against street racing, just tyring to better understand your comment

SPEED LIMIT WHAT IS THAT? Good call guy, we really do need to try and slow down people! But the damm cars are so fast mann... it make you want to race somebody. Let's lay it out on the track...so if this nat honda pulls up beside you, give him your card with with the local track directions info etc and go kill his a**
Old 08-02-2002, 07:24 AM

Re: my point

Originally posted by MaxSport730
I don't understand the rational in closing threads about racing on weekdays? I see no logic in it...

Is the purpose of this to cease the talk of street racing because its not condoned on the forum? If that's the case then why don't you ban it all together if its such a sore subject with people

If not, then why just on weekends...people aren't at their computers on nice saturday afternoons or nites anxiously reading the forum...they're out driving their maximas not wasting their time in front of their computers...

What if a thread is started on a weekend and people with LIVES don't read it till they get to work on monday...are they allowed to post?...or they have to patiently wait until saturday to reply?

And lastly, if ALL of you are SOOOO sick of reading the "can i beat" thread...then...well...DON'T READ THEM...instead of moderators trying to enforce rules about topics and when to write about them...why
don't they just make it clear that EVERYONE on the board appreciates a descriptive subject heading...then people that get physically sick when they read threads like that can skip them...and people (like me) who are curious or might have some input can reply...i don't understand the big deal about it...so what if it doesn't matter to you or you're just plain sick of them...how many threads have there been about superchargers???...i'm NEVER putting one on my car but i'm not rallying the townsfolk to protest those threads...i just pass them over and move on

This is supposed to be a friendly forum for people of common interest to ask questions, talk freely (within reason) and get info...as soon as a fist of authority starts slamming down rules and regulations that stifle this...it loses its appeal

thanks for listening,
adrian
WOW! Good stuff Adrian
Old 08-02-2002, 08:07 AM
pmg

I don't understand why people always ask when theres a lot of sites that give 0-60 and 1/4 mile times for every car. Maybe put a link in the FAQ if there isn't one already.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:18 AM

Re: my point

Originally posted by MaxSport730

Perhaps we should start doing that. No kill/race stories ever. There have been many people who don't like racing threads at all, I'm sure they'll be extremely pleased.

But then, we have those who whine about "stifling free speech" and "too many rules" and "this forum isn't going to be fun anymore".

So, I thought this way, both sets of people will be satisfied. People who don't want street racing threads will get less street racing threads, but people who want to post about them still can.

Nope, like I said, threads started on the weekdays are promptly locked and deleted. Besides, I don't think street racing threads are all that important in the grand scheme of things. Someone starts a thread about a problem or looks for some advice, go ahead and reply on the weekends. Street racing threads ... nope. What's to reply about? "Nice kill". "Yeah, I hear those 120 hp Lancers will give us a run for our money!" "I hate HONDuHs!"

And lastly, if ALL of you are SOOOO sick of reading the "can i beat" thread...then...well...DON'T READ THEM...
You want to read a good "Can I beat" thread? Go read the GTP thread. Most "can I beat..." threads don't start off like that and aren't that informative. 99% of "Can I beat" threads start off like the example I gave above. Those are quite honestly, retarded and a waste of space.

instead of moderators trying to enforce rules about topics and when to write about them...why don't they just make it clear that EVERYONE on the board appreciates a descriptive subject heading...
I pleaded and asked people to help me out in this ... nobody seems to listen or want to help out. I think I've made it pretty clear about the subject titles. That's not really the subject matter at hand though.

then people that get physically sick when they read threads like that can skip them...and people (like me) who are curious or might have some input can reply...i don't understand the big deal about it...so what if it doesn't matter to you or you're just plain sick of them...how many threads have there been about superchargers???...i'm NEVER putting one on my car but i'm not rallying the townsfolk to protest those threads...i just pass them over and move on
Asking about adding a mod or what springs are better does not compare to bragging about speeding on the street endangering lives. There's a difference there.

See point number one. And also: again, from the very beginning, street racing threads were not condoned nor was it supported my Maxima.org. Other forums have kill forums with disclaimers. IMHO, that's utter bullsh|t. That's like saying, "I don't condone people doing illegal drugs, I just sell them." You have a place for it, you're condoning it, disclaimer or not.

This "no street racing" is not a new rule. It's an old rule that was never enforced. Now it is. This is a place for people with common interests, yes. It is also a privately owned website. The owner wishes that there be no street racing threads.

And I don't think I'm "slamming down rules and regulations that stifle" anything. Ask about a car's performance, fine. Again, I point the to GTP thread. An excellent thread comparing cars without the stupidity of street racing getting in the way or the "Yo, GTPs suck, yo!" comments.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:06 AM

Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

Would this also not have to be in the weekend kill session? Most tracks are only open to the public for personal racing on Friday night.
Old 08-09-2002, 06:22 AM

Re: Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

Originally posted by UglyMax
Would this also not have to be in the weekend kill session? Most tracks are only open to the public for personal racing on Friday night.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But you can talk about wins/loses at the track any time.
Old 08-09-2002, 08:52 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Re: Re: Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But you can talk about wins/loses at the track any time.

I think uglymax is saying that since tracks are normally open just on the weekends, that "kill" threads from the track will be posted on the weekends...the same as normal "kill" threads

But I understand your saying I can talk about "kills" at a track anytime
Old 08-09-2002, 09:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Street Racing threads (kill threads)

I think uglymax is saying that since tracks are normally open just on the weekends, that "kill" threads from the track will be posted on the weekends...the same as normal "kill" threads

But I understand your saying I can talk about "kills" at a track anytime
You nailed on the head Bags.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:13 PM

Until they realize that what they are doing in the streets is dangerous and illegal, there is no need for us to encourage this type of behavior. There comes a time when a young person will out grow the "racing phase.” When it comes down to someone pulling up to him or her with a challenge, his or her young pride will be the determining factor. This can also be said to the older crowds.
Old 08-14-2002, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by Joeycurl
Until they realize that what they are doing in the streets is dangerous and illegal, there is no need for us to encourage this type of behavior. There comes a time when a young person will out grow the "racing phase.” When it comes down to someone pulling up to him or her with a challenge, his or her young pride will be the determining factor. This can also be said to the older crowds.
Thats true!!! An eight year old girl died a couple weeks ago here in El Paso cause two guys were racing and hit the car she was in. One of the guys was a Private 1st Class.
Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 AM
I am Roid Rage

Mixed Feelings

I don't really know what to think here. It is very rare for me to "street race". If I ever did, it is only a brief 200-foot dash (no faster than 60 mph) on a barricaded freeway with no intersecting streets. And this has only happened 2-3 times in the last year. Now I've discovered the track and it never takes place on the street. But at the same time I do enjoy reading the street racing posts. It's a guilty pleasure of mine, like watching *******. Observing people doing some stupid stuff that simply provides me with entertainment. I don't take the posts seriously nor do I approve or disapprove of them, but I sure like to read them.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by MaxSport730

And lastly, if ALL of you are SOOOO sick of reading the "can i beat" thread...then...well...DON'T READ THEM...instead of moderators trying to enforce rules about topics and when to write about them...why don't they just make it clear that EVERYONE on the board appreciates a descriptive subject heading...then people that get physically sick when they read threads like that can skip them...and people (like me) who are curious or might have some input can reply...i don't understand the big deal about it...so what if it doesn't matter to you or you're just plain sick of them...how many threads have there been about superchargers???...i'm NEVER putting one on my car but i'm not rallying the townsfolk to protest those threads...i just pass them over and move on

thanks for listening,
adrian

i totally agree! let us speak freely and be friendly. who cares!
Old 09-06-2003, 10:13 AM

the thing is, even though we talk about street racing or not, it will not make a difference. people talk about their race kills, its been done. if people dont post about street racing, that doesn't mean they will stop.
Old 09-06-2003, 10:44 AM

WHO CARES. THIS IS A FORUM. WE DONT LIKE STREETRACING, TRUE. BUT, TRACK OR STREET, IF SOMEONE REPLIES AND NEEDS HELP IM GOING TO HELP THEM IN ANY WAY I CAN TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. BECAUSE I KNOW IF I NEEDED HELP, YOU GUYS WOULD HELP ME IN A HEARTBEAT. STREETRACIGN IS A PHASE IN EVERYONE'S LIFE. LET THEM LIVE IT OUT. WHO GIVES A **** IF THEY RACE ON THE STREET OR TRACK, ITS NOT YOUR CAR, ITS NOT YOUR LIFE. (sorry for the caps)
Old 09-06-2003, 10:49 AM

OMG...just leave it alone. It was said that they will only allow them on the weekends, and yet, people still have some stupid ***t to say bout it. "what if I was out Friday night and was like "I'm gonna smoke you" to some honda trash, and he cut me off, so I shot him. Then when I got home @ 11:30pm my dog farted, so I couldn't log on to run my mouth about it. Then the world ended @11:45pm on Friday night, but started right back up again at 8:00am on Monday morning. By then, my short term memory was completely gone from all those bong hits over the weekend, and I forgot what I was going to say, then I remembered, so it's all good."
Old 09-06-2003, 10:50 AM
Most Perverted Member of the SE-L Club

Originally Posted by clee130
In an effort to reduce the number of street racing threads (or "I raced a such-and-such and won/lost" type threads), they will only be allowed during the weekends.

During the week (Monday morning - Friday afternoon), such threads will be locked and deleted.

Please do not abuse this by turning the 4th gen forum into a street racing/kill forum during the weekends.

I thought this was always Org policy.........
Old 09-06-2003, 11:37 AM

Why are you all getting your panties wet just because the mod is not letting you post your street kills. Freedom of speech? Get real someone opens up a private forum and decides to let everyone join has to follow the US constituion. I hope that "Freedom of speech" cr*p was just a joke if not you need a reality check because, YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS ON THIS FORUM!. The rules have been created if you can't follow them then you should be banned, if you refuse to follow them then feel free to leave.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:02 PM

Was there any real reason this thread had to be brought back from A YEAR AGO???
Old 09-06-2003, 10:46 PM

MaxSport730

AMEN
Old 09-06-2003, 11:36 PM

I can't say i'm completely against street racing, sure its dangerous, but so is (insert dangerous activity here because there are millions of them), I do see it like this though whether or not people can post their street racing results on the forum or not, they're still gonna street race. I know for a fact that people don't look at the forums, say i'm gonna go street race so i have something to post and then come back and post it that night. It doesn't work like that, posting is an after thought, so allowing street racing post is NOT condoning it, its allowing people to talk about a subject thats relevant to themselves and their cars. I do agree however with putting an intelligent and intuitive title on ALL posts especially those that might offend poeple. IMHO i say lock any street racing thread that doesn't have a title that lets people know its about street racing, that way people who don't like it can not read it and people that do like it can read it. On a side note I know at least for me i don't read post about street racing to find out what cars i can beat, i've raced and been beaten by an NSX afew Vette's, a porsche or 2 some 5.0 stangs and my favorite a z8 beamer. I knew before i started racing them that i'd be destroyed, but i did it none the less because it was fun, and i'm confident in my driving abilities. So whether or not i can tell the org members about it or not, i'm still gonna race when i feel so inclinded too and i believe most people who do street race feel the same way.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:04 AM
Old Maxima Legend

options

I like race stories but im also a member which means I agree to follow the rules here at the org. There are some options for people who like street racing and they are basic.

Surf around and find some other forums out there (example google: do a search for kill stories.) There are 100's of other places that have street racing/kill story sections. You can get your fix there and hang at the org for your full course meal !

Wondering about times ? Here are some links:

www.car-stats.com

BUT EVEN BETTER YET !

To find out who really is the man, you got to beat them at the track/dragway.

Links:

Trackside Guide (GOOD ONE)
http://www.tracksideguide.com/Tracks/tracks-state.htm

Google Dragway Directory
http://directory.google.com/Top/Spor...Racing/Tracks/

Staging Light
http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html

Toyo Take it to the Track: Search for a Track Near You
http://www.toyo.com/racing/index_frame.html
Old 09-07-2003, 08:25 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
Wondering about times ? Here are some links:

www.car-stats.com

www.dragtimes.com
Car-stats is okay for mag times, as is www.autosite.com but dragtimes has some COMPLETELY BOGUS times. Little did I know that my ex-car, a 2001 Accord V6 with 200hp and Z E R O T O R Q U E, could run low-14's at 100+ with just simple bolt-ons

If people are wondering what cars will run in the 1/4 mile, ask over in the 1/4 mile forum and I will try my best to get you some reliable data and not bogus fanboy times.

Thanks for all the other info, though. That was really informative.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Street Racing threads (kill threads)