4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

To the peole who ever had the dons valve body mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 05:52 PM

To the peole who ever had the dons valve body mode

i considering the vb mode my trany kicks at first gear and seems like a little slugish is there any way the vb mode will get rid of the kick in first gear and is the job it self hard to do will i need some one thats experienced to help me do the swap and how long can i not use my car????
Old 08-02-2002, 09:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Who is don?

...and why is he VB?

just kidding...I want to know as well.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:50 PM

Re: To the peole who ever had the dons valve body mode

Originally posted by Fish254
i considering the vb mode my trany kicks at first gear and seems like a little slugish is there any way the vb mode will get rid of the kick in first gear and is the job it self hard to do will i need some one thats experienced to help me do the swap and how long can i not use my car????
First of all you have got to use a little punctuation in your question. It is very difficult to follow w/o any. Second, installing Don's VB MOD is intended to make shifts in an auto tranny shift HARDER and faster. If your transmission is doing something (wrong) already, you may want to have it checked out first. To answer more directly, NO; doing Don's VB MOD will not take the "kick" out of your tranny in 1st gear. It will make it kick harder in all gears, that's the whole purpose.

How hard is it to do? Depends on your mechanical experience. If you have none, then it will seem very difficult and not recommended. If you have enough to defend yourself, the job is a 3-4 hour job if you can follow directions.

Down time will depend on two things: Who's doing it and how you are getting the part. If you make prior arrangements with Don via deposits, you will have minimal down time (only down while installing/swapping). If you just take yours out and send to have done, down time is going to be probably about a week due to travel time to/fro in the mail.
Old 08-04-2002, 07:04 AM

Re: Re: To the peole who ever had the dons valve body mode

Originally posted by JAIMECBR900

Down time will depend on two things: Who's doing it and how you are getting the part. If you make prior arrangements with Don via deposits, you will have minimal down time (only down while installing/swapping). If you just take yours out and send to have done, down time is going to be probably about a week due to travel time to/fro in the mail.
I will comment on the down time. I've (as have others) pre-paid Don@Mobiletek for a VB in advance 4 months ago and have nothing but the run around every since. I do not how this product works but I know this for a fact Mobileteks service is non exsistant and I would suggest to avoid ALL dealings with "so called" company in everyway possible. See these threads for more. http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=141333
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=118094
l8tr -- SS