4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New Project: Skyline tails or Clear Clear Clear tails

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 11:40 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

New Project: Skyline tails or Clear Clear Clear tails

So, i have altezzas already and i dont like the way the chrome looks. i was thinking about painting them like the skyline, or selling them or buying some OEM tails from a junkyard and making all clear in the back with colored bulbs. what do you think? and, if i decided to go with all clears, how would i do it?
Old 08-03-2002, 11:47 AM

Re: New Project: Skyline tails or Clear Clear Clear tails

Originally posted by slimer
So, i have altezzas already and i dont like the way the chrome looks. i was thinking about painting them like the skyline, or selling them or buying some OEM tails from a junkyard and making all clear in the back with colored bulbs. what do you think? and, if i decided to go with all clears, how would i do it?
search for Sexima's post. he did it and it turned out pretty good. some others also have done it. email me if you want pics of their cars.

as for all clears, ILLEGAL. but if you want to do it, you'll have to take apart your altezzas. once you have the clear section off, take apart your old lense and slap 'em together. put in some LED 1157 bulbs and WAMMO. of course, you'll have to figure out how to take apart your altezzas with out breaking them since most of everybody who's tried have broke them.
Old 08-03-2002, 11:49 AM

im meant doing all clear with the oem
Old 08-03-2002, 11:52 AM

look on maximadriver.com - that should give you an answer
Old 08-03-2002, 11:55 AM

im meant doing all clear with the oem
gotcha...i'm making a set of skyline tail lights that should be done within a week or two and it was a b!tch. basically you'll need to custom mold clear plastic to go over the existing housing. that give you an idea?
Old 08-03-2002, 12:02 PM

cool, what if you did the skyline conversion and then spray tinted the red a darker color, so mine would be white paint with smoke colored lights.

i crunched my door last weekend, so when i take it in, i think that im going to ask the guy to do a color match to them
Old 08-03-2002, 01:04 PM

cool, what if you did the skyline conversion and then spray tinted the red a darker color, so mine would be white paint with smoke colored lights.

i crunched my door last weekend, so when i take it in, i think that im going to ask the guy to do a color match to them
well, my lights are different. i took stock lights and pulled the plastic off, had my buddy make metal housings for them and put in a round red lense for each one and painted black to match my car. its more complicated than that but thats what it comes down to.
Old 08-03-2002, 02:25 PM

Re: New Project: Skyline tails or Clear Clear Clear tails

The speed shop around the block from me sells clear/clear/clear tails for the max IMHO they are impossible to see the brake lights during the day very dangerous. Besides looks sh*tty on the hondas probally woldnt look good on our cars either.