4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Max is back - And I'm very happy with the paint match!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Max is back - And I'm very happy with the paint match!

I picked him up this morning. The body work my brother did was great. Sherwin Williams did an amazing job matching my paint. I can't find a paint line or blend anywhere. The paint flows like it came from the factory. Even in direct sun light.

The best was the cost - $0.00 Nice to have family in the business.:-) All said and done I made a few hundred from the whole ordeal. I'll get my brother something for his new business with it.

It was a rough week to be without Max, the truck I had didn't have A/C and it was up near 100 every day this week in NJ. It was so nice to drive him home today, made me Enjoy The Ride all over again.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Max is back - And I'm very happy with the paint match!

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
I picked him up this morning. The body work my brother did was great. Sherwin Williams did an amazing job matching my paint. I can't find a paint line or blend anywhere. The paint flows like it came from the factory. Even in direct sun light.

The best was the cost - $0.00 Nice to have family in the business.:-) All said and done I made a few hundred from the whole ordeal. I'll get my brother something for his new business with it.

It was a rough week to be without Max, the truck I had didn't have A/C and it was up near 100 every day this week in NJ. It was so nice to drive him home today, made me Enjoy The Ride all over again.
Congrats man...I know the feeling. Once I got my car back from the body shop after getting rear-ended, it was such a wonderful ride. Body work is the best because there is a noticable cosmetic difference. I'm just cleaning, polishing and waxing my car for the first time, and so far the front and rear bumpers are looking like pieces of black glass. Enjoy!
Old 08-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good to hear it matches perfectly. I don't see what you could get him though... maybe sticker of the bodyshop that he could put on every car that goes though? Or maybe just a full decal package for your car so that you're a mobile billboard for his shop?
-Cyrus
Old 08-17-2002, 02:50 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus
Or maybe just a full decal package for your car so that you're a mobile billboard for his shop?
-Cyrus
Isn't that good for at least 5HP?

Proline Body & Chassis
Elmwood Park, NJ
201-398-1512

Ask for Todd - Tell him his brother Tom sent you!
Old 08-17-2002, 02:56 PM

this friday i get my car back.. full driver's side repaint, new front fender, front bumper, corner, carbon fiber hood, and a fully painted stillen kit.. but my ac stopped working a week ago, so it won't be as rewarding.

its nice to have a hook up.
Old 08-17-2002, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
[B]
Isn't that good for at least 5HP?
More like 15hp. So it's good for both you and your brother. And trust me if I lived up there it would be the only place I would go. But the fact is I don't.
-Cyrus
Old 08-17-2002, 03:13 PM

At least u people CAN get your max back. I totalled mine last saturday. At least my rims came out undamaged.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:28 PM
Maxima91

sorry but im kinda new, but i read stuff about the stickers? are uguys serious, those lil stickers acualy add hp, or are u just jokin? how is this possible

Old 08-17-2002, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by Maxima91
sorry but im kinda new, but i read stuff about the stickers? are uguys serious, those lil stickers acualy add hp, or are u just jokin? how is this possible
We are just jokin' bro, don't listen to anybody who tells you stickers will add hp, they're just joking.
-Cyrus
Old 08-17-2002, 06:11 PM

haha
Old 08-17-2002, 07:32 PM
Sports Button FTW

he got his brother some business through word of mouth or should i say ehhh "word of text "

where in NJ are u located? how much does he charge for paint jobs? any discount on maxima owners?
Old 08-17-2002, 07:37 PM

Originally posted by meccanoble
how much does he charge for paint jobs? any discount on maxima owners?
He'll quote you on what you need refinished or repaired. For anybody from this board, I will personally work with him on your cars. You have to contact him for quotes. I'll make sure he takes care of Maxima.org members. His shop info is up in this thread already.
Old 08-18-2002, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Vyrus

We are just jokin' bro, don't listen to anybody who tells you stickers will add hp, they're just joking.
-Cyrus
hahah, not Really Cyrus

I hear Adding the GT-R Emblems Add at least 10HP because of the actual Shape of the Sticker itself. When you drive, the wind passes through the sticker and kinda bounces around towards the back of it giving you the slightest push. So therefore, your stock 190HP maxima with GTR emblems, brings it to 200HP!!!!

NOW RIDE ON!

HAHAH, god I make myself laugh sometimes, hahahah
Old 08-18-2002, 12:57 AM

i dont know if i told u Tom but my quarter panel was kinda wrecked too...i had sum guy pull it out for and flatten it as much as he could but it still is bumpy and will probably need a paintjob to do the complete job and to be nearly looking like it was again...how much would he charge me for the quarter panel?
Old 08-18-2002, 02:33 AM

Originally posted by NyC97Max
i dont know if i told u Tom but my quarter panel was kinda wrecked too...i had sum guy pull it out for and flatten it as much as he could but it still is bumpy and will probably need a paintjob to do the complete job and to be nearly looking like it was again...how much would he charge me for the quarter panel?
My guess is around 500 bucks. You really need to contact him, don't "quote" me on prices.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:23 AM

WOW, i'm goin read all your other post!! HAHA, welcome to the org lil one.
Old 08-18-2002, 09:24 AM

YAY!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2002, 11:32 AM
vicodin ... gift of life

UM!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN U NOT FIGURE THAT OUT???? omfg hahahahhah