4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

courtesy nissan

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2000, 08:32 AM
Maxfreak

Hello out there. I have been interested in this page for about six months or so but have never gotten around to becoming a member, today I made it legal. My question is to anyone out there who has the Addco RSB, how is it? Today I'm going to order the FSTB and sway bar from Courtesy and would like to know if you are happy with either of these products. Vince @ Courtesy said he could knock 10 dollars of the price for both, is this a good deal? I am new to this so any input would be appreciated.

Old 12-15-2000, 08:57 AM
BlkCat

I've ordered the FSTB and I'm happy with it. I didn't know that Courtesy offered the rear STB as I ordered it through their website. I got the clear bumper lights from them and they make the car look sweet!

Old 12-15-2000, 09:01 AM
Maxfreak

Originally posted by Vandanno
I've ordered the FSTB and I'm happy with it. I didn't know that Courtesy offered the rear STB as I ordered it through their website. I got the clear bumper lights from them and they make the car look sweet!
Thanks for the reply, what was the price you paid for the FSTB. Is anyone out there unhappy with the Addco sway bar? Just lookin for some help.

Old 12-15-2000, 10:09 AM

My Addco is great

I installed it about a year ago, took about an hour. A lot easier than the stillen unit. In terms of performance, I think it's just as good. Although the Stillen in theory is suppose to be a little more responsive. The Stillen uses two brackets on each side that contour to the trailing arms, so you get a solid clamp on top the chasis. The addco uses bushings that have to compress under stress. However, the addco clamps on to each trailing arm and two more clamp on the axle.
I helped install a Stillen bar on a friends I30 last week, the addco is a little easier. If you decide to purchase, use the installation guide on this board, the instructions given with the bar is not the best.
Old 12-15-2000, 10:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i have the addco rsb and the courtesy fstb, rstb. one of the best mods. really tighten up the car. make my car feel new again, then made me realize, i need new shocks and struts. got the rsb from shox.com for $129.00 but i heard if you mention maxima.org, you get $10.00 discount. also fstb, rstb for $79.00, also $10.00 discount if you mention maxima.org. oh well. wish you luck. very easy to put on. do it yourself and save.

Originally posted by Maxfreak
Hello out there. I have been interested in this page for about six months or so but have never gotten around to becoming a member, today I made it legal. My question is to anyone out there who has the Addco RSB, how is it? Today I'm going to order the FSTB and sway bar from Courtesy and would like to know if you are happy with either of these products. Vince @ Courtesy said he could knock 10 dollars of the price for both, is this a good deal? I am new to this so any input would be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2000, 01:35 PM
MAXDriver

IMHO, FSTB and RSB will improve your Maxima's handling to match the power the VQ puts out. Your car will be *alot* safer at high speed because it no longer understeers and steering feels tight and linear. Those mods will put fun to your driving. I know it does on my car.

Happy handling.

Originally posted by Maxfreak

Old 12-15-2000, 01:46 PM

IMHO, I'm still sorta new to the abbrevs. can you educate me please?
Old 12-15-2000, 02:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My addco RSB was one of my favorite mods,

by far the best handaling piece of equipment around {I have them all except RSTB which sucks}I also have a Freedom design FSTB {$109} which I did not realy notice to much but seemed to help a little.
Old 12-15-2000, 02:17 PM
MAXDriver

RSB = Rear Sway Bar
FSTB = Front Strut Tower Bar
You can read more about these in the mods section (link below)
https://maxima.org/shoptalk/sub_modi...ns/index.shtml
Originally posted by bigtexan7
IMHO, I'm still sorta new to the abbrevs. can you educate me please?