4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Another way to do VB mod?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 02:29 PM

Another way to do VB mod?

From what I can tell, people are having a really hard time getting the VB mod from Mobiltek. Now, what exactly are they doing to the VB? Reason I ask is because couldn't someone else figure out how to do it? Just curious. I myself have never seen the VB mod, so I could not replicate it. We gotta find more places/people to do this stuff, cause if only two places are doing it, and there are a lot of people wanting the mod, we could be waiting for a LONG time.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:21 PM

I do them at my shop but I'm on Long Island.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:22 PM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

who here has had theirs recalibrated by you? how much do you charge, email or pm me plz thx.
Old 08-21-2002, 03:47 PM

Re: Another way to do VB mod?

Originally posted by MaximusMax
From what I can tell, people are having a really hard time getting the VB mod from Mobiltek. Now, what exactly are they doing to the VB? Reason I ask is because couldn't someone else figure out how to do it? Just curious. I myself have never seen the VB mod, so I could not replicate it. We gotta find more places/people to do this stuff, cause if only two places are doing it, and there are a lot of people wanting the mod, we could be waiting for a LONG time.
Reminds me of the situation with Frankencar intakes.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:45 PM

See, that's what I'm sayin'. I deal with vendors just about every day at work, so if one doesn't have the accessory I need, I go to another. I can understand that there are definately fewer companies that do VB mods than those that sell cellphone accessories, but either way, there has to be more people out there that do this stuff....we just don't know about them yet. Maximus75, let us know what you charge, who's done it (who you've done it for), etc...
Old 08-22-2002, 05:49 AM

I charge $375 and my customers drop there car off for one day. (drop off in afternoon and pick up in morning) I had been trying to get this tranny tech to do it for a resonable price and to come to my shop for some time because he is very good. He owns his own shop and is very busy but we were able to agree on a price. I never thought about it but I would be willing to do the VB if sent to me. Once I recieve them it's only a day turnaround.
We've done 4 Maximas only one guy from the board, Raf2kmax, and he is very pleased. We've also been getting inquires from the Altimas.net guys. We're doing one tomorrow. You can EM me at MaximumTuning@msn.com
or call the shop @ (516)-676-8470
I would also consider a discounted price for a group deal.
-Jeff
Old 08-22-2002, 06:10 AM

well let me talk to the guy on the board and see what he has to say, and I'd be happy to have mine recalibrated by you, especially if it only will take you a day
Old 08-22-2002, 11:05 AM

seximagtr - well let me talk to the guy on the board and see what he has to say, and I'd be happy to have mine recalibrated by you, especially if it only will take you a day
Yeah, post on here and let us know....for $375.00 and if the turn-around is only a day, I'm sure there would be people on this board that would be more than interested. I know I am.

Josh
Old 08-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ummmm ... that "one-day turnaround" is if you go to the shop and drop the car off.

You can get a "one-day turnaround" for Don's VB too if you go down to Texas and get it done there.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:38 PM

it seems to take don more than a day to do the vb mod even if you send him your vb......
Old 08-22-2002, 01:45 PM

well, long island is a lot closer than Texas from here.
Old 08-22-2002, 01:45 PM

Originally posted by seximagtr
it seems to take don more than a day to do the vb mod even if you send him your vb......
Read what I wrote please.

But I'll repeat it again:
If you drive your car down to Texas, he can do your VB in a day also.

Some people are lucky and they're in NY and can go to Jeff's shop. Other people across the country seem to think that they can take out their VBs, send it to Jeff and it'll be sent back. I'm just letting everyone know that this "one-day turnaround" is only if you take your car into the shop.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:31 PM

There's no doubting that clee...I think that we just need another person to be able to do the VB mod. If 50 people want this done, and all 50 send theirs to Don, then it will take him quite a while to do it. If there are two people that can do the mod, then then turnaround rate will be faster. It's good to know that someone else does it.
Old 08-23-2002, 06:23 AM

I'm not sure how Don does it and I've never delt with him so I can't anything negative about him but the day I recieve the VB is the day it will be modified and will ship back to you the next day.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by MaximusMax
There's no doubting that clee...I think that we just need another person to be able to do the VB mod. If 50 people want this done, and all 50 send theirs to Don, then it will take him quite a while to do it. If there are two people that can do the mod, then then turnaround rate will be faster. It's good to know that someone else does it.
I'm not putting Jeff or his VB down, but people will have to realize that it might not be the exact same thing as what Don does.

While I do give him credit for offering to do VB mods, his VB mod is relatively "new" compared to Don's. While there are plenty of positive reviews for Don's VB, there are only a few reviews so far for Jeff's VB.

Not all products are the same and Jeff's VB and Don's VB might be similar and people are all excited that there's another person doing VB's now. But they have to realize that the VB's probably aren't exactly identical.

For example, for a long time, Cattman was the top dog for y-pipes. Now, everybody is supporting Warpspeed with their y-pipes. Hey, who knows, maybe by this time next year, when someone asks who to go to for their VB mod, people will say, "Let Jeff do the VB mod."
Old 08-23-2002, 11:02 AM

I couldn't agree with you more clee110!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by clee130

I'm not putting Jeff or his VB down, but people will have to realize that it might not be the exact same thing as what Don does.

While I do give him credit for offering to do VB mods, his VB mod is relatively "new" compared to Don's. While there are plenty of positive reviews for Don's VB, there are only a few reviews so far for Jeff's VB.

Not all products are the same and Jeff's VB and Don's VB might be similar and people are all excited that there's another person doing VB's now. But they have to realize that the VB's probably aren't exactly identical.

For example, for a long time, Cattman was the top dog for y-pipes. Now, everybody is supporting Warpspeed with their y-pipes. Hey, who knows, maybe by this time next year, when someone asks who to go to for their VB mod, people will say, "Let Jeff do the VB mod."
Your actually right. I've driven 4 Max's with Don's mod and ours is a little different. The 1-2 shift is firmer on ours (and we give you the option of what kind of 1-2 shift you like) as is the 2-3 shift but not as firm. Dons mod is good but some thought the 1-2 shift could be more chrisp and they couldn't feel any difference in the 2-3 shift.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:06 AM

bump update

i rode in cmac's max and the shift was very fast... Great modification and i acutally saw 2 vb mods done in less than two hours, thats b/c the maximas one 4th gen and one 5th gen was also getting something else worked on while on the ift... buti think jeff and his tech guy can get a maxima mod done in half an hour. or so.. i was talking to the tech and he seemed very educated and was telling me information on how the vb works, while he was doing the proccess. cool guy , wish i had the money to save my tranny.
and 3 months latter, and the demand is still growing. and there have been people driving from WI VA NJ CT DC PA all around to see jeff and all where very happy, and said that it was worth it. Comgrats Jeff AKA Maximus75, Your the North East heros for the maxima owners out here. And The tech guy has hands like a surgeon, and does effective work, also giving you a badd asess ride.
Old 11-26-2002, 03:59 PM

Re: bump update

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
i rode in cmac's max and the shift was very fast... Great modification and i acutally saw 2 vb mods done in less than two hours, thats b/c the maximas one 4th gen and one 5th gen was also getting something else worked on while on the ift... buti think jeff and his tech guy can get a maxima mod done in half an hour. or so.. i was talking to the tech and he seemed very educated and was telling me information on how the vb works, while he was doing the proccess. cool guy , wish i had the money to save my tranny.
and 3 months latter, and the demand is still growing. and there have been people driving from WI VA NJ CT DC PA all around to see jeff and all where very happy, and said that it was worth it. Comgrats Jeff AKA Maximus75, Your the North East heros for the maxima owners out here. And The tech guy has hands like a surgeon, and does effective work, also giving you a badd asess ride.
\
Thanks Iz, good seeein you on sat.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:46 PM

Re: bump update

I believe I am the only one from WI.........for now. Jeff did excellent work, and I am looking forward to see his showroom in 5 years or so (right, Jeff?).

It took me one hour less to drive back from Long Island....

Originally posted by crazy4maxima
(trimmed) ....and 3 months latter, and the demand is still growing. and there have been people driving from WI VA NJ CT DC PA all around ...(trimmed)
Old 11-26-2002, 06:54 PM

Re: Re: bump update

Originally posted by ardika
I believe I am the only one from WI.........for now. Jeff did excellent work, and I am looking forward to see his showroom in 5 years or so (right, Jeff?).

It took me one hour less to drive back from Long Island....

see vb mod works...lol