4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

auto climate control recirc/vent button

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2002, 12:46 PM

auto climate control recirc/vent button

My SE has the digital climate control system. I've found that every time I turn it off, the recirc/vent button resets itself. I always drive with the system in recirculation mode so I always have to turn the system on and then press the recirculation button. Is this the way its supposed to work? Why can't it remember that it was set to recirculate?

I know its a minor thing but I find this annoying.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:54 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Your supposed to have fresh air entering the cabin. The rec button should only be used in rare instances, such as when I drive through the lincoln tunnel so I don't get all the exhaust fumes form the buses in my car. Auto mfgr. actually make the system so fresh air enters the cabin even when the system is totally shut off. Feel down by your feet, there's always some air coming out if your car is moving even if your climate control is off.

Don't drive around with the system in rec mode all the time. It's not healthy for you.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd

Don't drive around with the system in rec mode all the time. It's not healthy for you.
Well, in Puerto Rico it gets really hot. : When I use the car in rec mode the A/C cools my car faster. As for it not being healthy, maybe if I spent all day in the car, but I normally don't spend more than 15 minutes in the car. If I drive for more than three hours I've probably reached the other side of the Island.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:19 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

If you leave it in recirc mode all the time, you could suffocate from lack of oxygen.

But, don't leave it on the fresh air setting too long either, the car might explode from the built-up pressure.

You're better off just leaving the windows down all the time.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Want Recirc on ALL THE TIME

I don't know about you, but EVERYTIME I get in my car I am behind some filth belching behemoth of a truck. By the time I realize the foul stench, it is too late to 'recirc' because I'd just be trapping it inside with me. My old Honda let me set the recirc to permanent on ... isn't there anyway to fix this shortcoming in my Infiniti I35?

I hate having to hit reirc everytime I get in the car.

Originally posted by mzmtg
If you leave it in recirc mode all the time, you could suffocate from lack of oxygen.

But, don't leave it on the fresh air setting too long either, the car might explode from the built-up pressure.

You're better off just leaving the windows down all the time.