4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

FSTB and RSB really made a difference!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2000, 12:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I just got my Stillen FSTB and RSB installed today. By looking at all the posts about how great the FSTB and RSB were, I was skeptical. I was thinking that how can putting a FSTB and RSB make that big of a difference? I believe it's more the RSB than the FSTB. Where I live there's this curve that I can max out going about 80mph., any higher, the car would start to be unstable. Anyway, I thought the same curve tonight, and I went up to 90mph. with no problem. I think I can go faster too. I have yet to test the limits of my two new mods. Now, the only problem is how to keep the stuff in my trunk from moving around when I'm taking those hard turns. I think I need to get myself a cargo net. However, I have a toolbox in the trunk, I wonder does it fit in the cargo net? I tend to keep some tools and cleaning materials just in case. You never know. I don't really race, so I don't care about the extra weight. Well, for those of you are still undecided whether to get a FSTB or RSB, GET IT! Most importantly of all, get the RSB. I think that make a bigger difference than the FSTB. If my friends thought I drive like a maniac before, now with the FSTB and RSB, I have even more confidence to prove to them how insane I can be. j/k
Old 12-16-2000, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Cumalot
I just got my Stillen FSTB and RSB installed today. By looking at all the posts about how great the FSTB and RSB were, I was skeptical. I was thinking that how can putting a FSTB and RSB make that big of a difference? I believe it's more the RSB than the FSTB. Where I live there's this curve that I can max out going about 80mph., any higher, the car would start to be unstable. Anyway, I thought the same curve tonight, and I went up to 90mph. with no problem. I think I can go faster too. I have yet to test the limits of my two new mods. Now, the only problem is how to keep the stuff in my trunk from moving around when I'm taking those hard turns. I think I need to get myself a cargo net. However, I have a toolbox in the trunk, I wonder does it fit in the cargo net? I tend to keep some tools and cleaning materials just in case. You never know. I don't really race, so I don't care about the extra weight. Well, for those of you are still undecided whether to get a FSTB or RSB, GET IT! Most importantly of all, get the RSB. I think that make a bigger difference than the FSTB. If my friends thought I drive like a maniac before, now with the FSTB and RSB, I have even more confidence to prove to them how insane I can be. j/k
Have you upgraded your struts yet? I read your sig, but I didn't see struts listed, unless the Intrax item is a coilover set-up. Just curious...
Old 12-16-2000, 09:08 AM

No, I didn't upgrade my struts yet. I'm planning to do that when I have the money for it. I think I'll go with Koni struts. I might even replace my Intrax springs whenever I get the chance. Intrax sucks IMO.
Old 12-16-2000, 11:55 AM

Happy you like it,

but don't kill yourself on us/haha