4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

RPM switch stil isnt here! Probs w/ Harlan service

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:27 AM
dot dot dot ...

RPM switch stil isnt here! Probs w/ Harlan service

I orderd my Harlan RPM switch on the 15th of August and still have yet to recieve it. I've emailed him plenty of times and all he tells me is that sometimes Priority Mail can take up to a week and if it doesn't not show up by this Friday, then get worried, like if it is my problem, granted it is to a certain degree, but he has his $50 so what does he care?

I'm really ticked off because I've tried tracking it and it tells me that the item was recieved in Michigan, and I'm in New Mexico!

Then he emailed me back with the zip code he sent it to, and it is 85732, my zip is 87532, and when I type in *my* zip code along with my track and confirm numbers, it tells me my item was sent back to the sender, but was brought to my city, but was sent back, when I type in the other(wrong) zip, it tells me it was deliverd and received in MI? This happend a week ago, so what gives? What should I do? I think if I wait any longer, it'll just be forgotten and I'll lose out on my $50, and that will pi$$ me off quite badly. It takes about 2-3 days on average for Harlan to get back to me via email.
What gives?
Old 09-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Matt Harlan is a very respectable guy. Consider yourself lucky that he sent your RPM switch so quickly (most wait 4 weeks at least). The problem with your switch sounds like a Post Office hang up, not Harlan's. He's not going to take your money and run. This guy has been around since the late 90s when I was involved with F-Bodies (that's what he owns). He deals with every performance group imaginable (Honda, Nissan, Chevy, Ford, Dodge, bikes) and he's a busy man. This isn't his main job. His main job is engineering for one of the Big 3 in Detroit doing powertrain work. I'm assuming since he owns a twin-turbo LS1 TA he works for GM. He's a hard guy to get a hold of because he already has a 8-5 job. Be patient.

If you really want to run your VI, simply hardwire it to a switch in the cabin. The RPMs get close to 5000, hit the switch and leave it on as you race thru the gears. Turn it off when your done. A VI setup the correct way will remain open on every shift therefore it only needs to open once.

Dave