4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

NEED HELP...Power steering

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 12:25 PM

I was under my car this weekend putting on a y-pipe and saw that there was some power steering leaking from somewhere, I don't know exactly were it was coming from but I looked at my reserve and it was low....I put some sealer fluid in there, but I don't know if that will work. Has anyone had this happen....the dealership wants $60 just to check where its leaking from....HELP

thanx in advance

dm
Old 12-18-2000, 12:37 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

It's either leaking at the pulley. Which mean the seal is bad or it's leaking at the lines. By the sound of it, it's a small leak. The sealer fluid might take care of it. If it's a big leak, you wouldn't have any fluid left =). Power Steering Pump are not that expensive and it's not that hard to replace. Small problem.

Originally posted by dmbrazilian
I was under my car this weekend putting on a y-pipe and saw that there was some power steering leaking from somewhere, I don't know exactly were it was coming from but I looked at my reserve and it was low....I put some sealer fluid in there, but I don't know if that will work. Has anyone had this happen....the dealership wants $60 just to check where its leaking from....HELP

thanx in advance

dm
Old 12-18-2000, 12:46 PM

Hey thanx man.. I think it is pretty small cause I don't even see anything on ground where I park. So do you think I should take it to get checked anyways or should I wait a while??

dm
Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
It's either leaking at the pulley. Which mean the seal is bad or it's leaking at the lines. By the sound of it, it's a small leak. The sealer fluid might take care of it. If it's a big leak, you wouldn't have any fluid left =). Power Steering Pump are not that expensive and it's not that hard to replace. Small problem.

Originally posted by dmbrazilian

thanx in advance

dm