4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

are you anal about your car? (sort of a vent)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by dental stud

Well, aren't you just the good Samaritan, you. \
why yes..yes i am

dental stud, i feel what youre saying man. i am definitely going to lighten up on the car protectiveness. dont feel sick man, i got no bags for you to puke in.
i envy what you probably have, which is an ability to live with dents. i can do so and have been doing so but its just annoying when dings and stuff keep happening out of nowhere. and youre right ITS A CAR, which is worth a lot more than our other posessions, and if your on this forum that means you care about your maxima..and though dents are jus small things they do cost a bit of money to be removed.

HANDS UP! SHOW ME YOUR DENTS! you my friend, put the 'dent' in dental. take care
Old 09-13-2002, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by sil SE

why yes..yes i am

dental stud, i feel what youre saying man. i am definitely going to lighten up on the car protectiveness. dont feel sick man, i got no bags for you to puke in.
i envy what you probably have, which is an ability to live with dents. i can do so and have been doing so but its just annoying when dings and stuff keep happening out of nowhere. and youre right ITS A CAR, which is worth a lot more than our other posessions, and if your on this forum that means you care about your maxima..and though dents are jus small things they do cost a bit of money to be removed.

HANDS UP! SHOW ME YOUR DENTS! you my friend, put the 'dent' in dental. take care
Wow, an intelligent reply. This thread has been redeemed. Thanks! Go and sin no more...
Old 09-13-2002, 01:01 PM

dental stud, you're damn right.... i say, the more miles the better! the car is gonna go one way or another, might as well put as many miles as possible! cars were meant to be driven!!!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well, aren't you just the good Samaritan, you. People, lighten up. It is a mode of transportation. It is not a PERSON. Not going to Six Flags because you "don't want to park there", throwing acorns at your FATHER'S HEAD because he jokingly did to your car and caused no damage, doing hundreds of dollars in damage by keying all over your neighbor's car as "payment" for the small ding in yours....grow up. Have a little fun with your car. Take it places. Go on trips, park it, and live your life! Respect your father and love your neighbor, even if they're oblivious sometimes. This thread makes me sick. No car is worth this...even a Ferrari, and a Ferrari the Maxima ain't.
Gotta love the double standards on this board. Someone keys up a Maxima and they're an a$$hole and a pu$$y for not being a man and stepping up to you. Someone with a Maxima keys up another car, and no one says anything.

Then people brag about how much they spent on their cars and start whining and crying when they say their girlfriends left. Ohhh ... and I love it when people say, "People come and go, but the Maxima will always be there for you."
Old 09-13-2002, 01:10 PM

well here it is my ex gf decides she wants to drive my 3rd gen when i still had it so i let her. here are the chain of evens that lead to me telling her to pull into a parking lot and switch she starts the car, puts on her seat belt ok pretty normal, then she proceeds to start the car again. yikes what a nasty sound. im like ahhhhhhhhhh?!?!?!?!?!?! ok she might be nervous. she pulls out of the drive way and we go down the street, she ask me if my car is broken. "i thought a maxima would have more power then this. she says" then it dawns on me i looked down and low and behold "THE E BRAKE IS STILL UP!?!?!?!?!?!?!" she was driving 2 blocks with the ebrake up. by now im like OMG dipping my head in disbelief and then the car shakes violently as we cross a intersection like a freaking boat. you guessed it there was a dip at the intersection and she rolls over it with out angle without slowing down. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh thats it pull over your joy ride is over. it was lowwered on stock 15" with intrax.

unless someone can exibit the same love for there car they will not be touching mine.
to alot of guys there cars are there pride and joy.

oh by the way in parking lots i find other hooked up cars to park next to. cause chances are they will be very careful with there car so in turn its like protection for your car.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:40 PM

uh

I have an auto matic and im single...im such a loser...
Old 09-13-2002, 02:27 PM

Originally posted by MaxC1Get!
You are not the only one. People complain to me when I park far away from the entrance to the shopping mall. I just want to park away from other cars so they don't dent my car.
i dont blame you guys about parking far from teh mall...but dont u think that the further u park the more noticeable it will be....for example dont u think a group of kids driving buy wiht garbage from a fast foob place are more likley to throw it at your car since its out there in the open over a car parked closer to others??

i park far too....i was just wondering if anyone ever had that cross their mind before....
Old 09-13-2002, 02:43 PM

I am kinda picky about where I park my car. I like to avoid someone dinging my door as much as possible so I try to look for a nice car to park next to and avoid the 2 door cars as well.

I also just got these diamond cut clear front corner signal lights for my car and it amazes me how EASY it was to install as well as how EASY it will be to just pop them out and steal them.
Old 09-13-2002, 03:43 PM

ok i will be good samaritan and you can be a priest.

Wow, an intelligent reply. This thread has been redeemed. Thanks! Go and sin no more...
Old 09-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm so **** about putting miles on the Maxima I bought a Lexus to beat on everyday I keep explaining to people I didnt 'step up' to the Lexo but just got it as a beater hehehehe pretty sick eh?

I dont drive the Maxima so I dont become the taxi driver... i dont drive the maxima cuz i'm **** haha I'm hella **** about my car my car is at 63K and I dont wana hit 100k EVER haha
Old 09-13-2002, 05:01 PM

Newbie at AAC (**** About Cars) meeting...

"Hi! My name is Norman and I"m **** about my car. I park miles away in mall lots and my pregnant wife and 3year old triplets have to trudge through 3ft of snow in the blizzard to reach the entrance. This obsession is killing my marriage, I've lost my job and my kids have disowned me. Please..please help me!"

It is funny guys, but unnecessary door dings bug the *&^%$@# out of me. People that slam my doors drive me nuts. People that (attempt) to place body parts/hand bags/coffee/cans on my Max drive me ballistic!!
Some people just don't give a s**t about cars, but it costs real money for one, so why not take care of it?
Old 09-13-2002, 10:47 PM
What's next!?..

Can't say I'm as **** as some of you guys here. LOL.

My gf definitely comes first. She lives in the city so I end up have to parallel park a lot. No avoiding scratches on the bumpers. Especially after several years of use.

Luckily she doesn't drive and doesn't even have a license.

I have two rules when I go to the mall.
1. Don't park at the end of a row. - pictures some idiot not paying attention as he's driving down the side road. -

2. Don't park next to those HUGE SUV's. Can they make em any bigger!! How do they expect people to get outta their car next to those?!

JP
Old 09-13-2002, 11:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: are you **** about your car? (sort of a vent)

Originally posted by nadir_s

lol! well i WANT my gf to drive my 5spd even though she doesn't know how too.. i'd like her to learn and i don't care when it comes to my car vs her... i'd choose her so i just want her to have fun. As for other ppl wanting to drive my car... **** em!

If you've got a gf and you start gettin *****y at her because u care for your car more... i duunnnnnnooooooooooooo
See I wouldn't mind if she did anything then it'll be ok
But she don't really do so I rather let other girls drive with me as passengers and anyway she got a Maxima too two years younger than my so I don't know what up.
Old 09-15-2002, 02:47 PM

Guys, out of all of you I'm probably the sickest one. I can truthfully say that I love my car more than I love my girlfriends. I don't know why, it's not even about the money, it's about my pride and joy. Here's an example so you'd know I'm more **** about my car than any of you: I live in NYC and drive across 3 boroughs everyday, I have 18's and I'm very carefull about the potholes so here's the unbelievable thing: I know exactly the road situation everywhere I go, I know every pothole, every uneven curb, every manhole on the road, everywhere I drive. Sounds crazy and unbelievable but it's true and takes no effort from me whatsoever. I had this car (99 SE) for more than a year and I've never put the pedal to the metal. Never had the need to.