4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Squeeking Noise under drivers side rear; possible brake line problem....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002 | 01:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Squeeking Noise under drivers side rear; possible brake line problem....

Last night I was industrious, so I installed my WSP ypipe, Phillips HIDs, Dash kit, and rotated my tires. Today after driving the car over bumps I get a squeek from the drivers side rear. The noise comes from underneath the car, so my first guess that my Addco RSB bushings were squeeking or my ypipe caused a problem of some sort.

After listening to the noise further it's further to the rear of the car than the ypipe, but before the sway bar. I put my car on ramps and moved things and it seems that my brake line is actually doing the squeeking. The line is a thick rubber, and if you trace it backwards from the rotor the squeek starts where the line makes a bend. There is a metal bracket that supports the line from underneath, so I suppose that could be where the squeeking is coming from (rubber on metal).

I have SS lines on all four corners, but the strange thing is I didn't do anything to my brakes last night. Has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't seem to affect braking at all, but I have to drive back to Austin tomorrow. It would be very comforting to know that my brakes won't fail :P
-hype