4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Meccanoble Has Just Got Into A Major Accident!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 09:19 PM
Sports Button FTW

Meccanoble Has Just Got Into A Major Accident!!!!!

"you don't know what you got till its gone" - Janet Jackson

yes sir people, its offical, i just got into my second accident and it is devastating. I have so much to say and so little time plus i can't type as fast as i want to talk. Here's how it all went down guys:

I finished my night class at NJIT and i'm coming down springfield avenue to come home. When i'm just about done passing irvington center, i get hit. I was driving down the right lane with no traffic in sight. On my left side i seen two cars slowing down as if they were about to turn left. So i stay on right lane and as i approach the intersection, this crazy b*tch in an altima (the nasty bubbly type) makes a sharp left turn. I'm already half way through the intersection as she makes the turn and i'm too fast to stop and i guess so was she so i try to swirve out the way so its not a head on collision. She manages to tag me hard in the back door (behind passenger) and being i have stick i guess i stalled while spinning and my back ran into a traffic light which stopped me. So scary guys, i didn't know what to think while i was spinning. Being i'm a big tough guy i didn't get hurt , but my baby needs so many casts its not even funny. The only thing that happened to her car was her bumper fell off and her air bags deployed. So she had her car towed.

Me on the other hand after doing reports and all tried to drive the car home since i lived like 9 to 11 blocks away from the scene. But couldn't make it after 3 blocks of driving and seeing massive smoke come out the back right wheel. CAlled tow truck, paid the 75 dollars and i'm here to tell the story.

Here's a list of the damages:

front driver door and back door damaged badly. Driver door window shattered, Back bumper crushed by traffic poll, trunk popped and damaged, along with back right fender and lights. I think the frame may have damage as well because there is a space between top of back door (on opposite side of accident) and the body. The police officers said its a guaranteed total because damages look to be over 2,000 dollars, maybe even more. Also my pipe is hanging, like the back part (behind the y-pipe) The muffler is still in tact though. Its not touching the floor just hanging lower than usual and u can see it from a few feet away.

The front is still in perfect condition, no damages.

It looks real bad and sounds real bad but i'm really grateful that i'm ok. Didn't even have my seat belt on, WOAH. I know i'm gonna get flamed about that.

Anyway, i posted this for more than to inform u guys about my situation. I need to know what's gonna happen now and what i should do from here. I believe her insurance is probably gonna come look at the car to see how damaged it was. But i don't know if she's gonna fight and say it was my fault. I have cards from witnesses saying what happened and she did hit me in back area so it all kind of points to her. It was some old black lady that didn't look harmful but she did a lot of damage (i'm black too so its not a racial issue guys) But what do i do from here? what do you guys recommend me do? my friends say that if things work my way, they'll give me the option to junk car and pay me for it (who knows how much they'll give me for it) or let me keep it and deduct like a 1,000 from how much its worth. I rather have it the second way cause there's a lot i can sell and get more than a thousand or two for parts.

I only have liability and i don't know what she has but i want to use whatever money i get to buy another maxima (between 95-97) and i guess transfer all mods from old car to new if possible. I need some guidance and comfort everyone!! i'm so distressed, confused and angry. I'm a little joyful because if things work my way, i can get something better than i had before.

If i do get to keep the car, i'm selling everything, EVERYTHING so if u guys need any body parts, internal parts, let me know so i can get ready for selling if it all works my way. Thanks all

ALL INPUT IS appreciated***VERY LONG PLEASE READ***
Old 09-17-2002, 09:25 PM

sorry to hear about your car man. i recently totaled my last maxima. thank god you are alright though. you have got to wear a seatbelt, you were very lucky. but good luck parting your car, i hope everything turns out ok. isnt it ironic how the dumba** comes out with a knocked off bumper and your is nearly totaled
Old 09-17-2002, 09:26 PM

sorry to hear that man ..but your ok so thats all that really matters

anu
Old 09-17-2002, 09:26 PM

Glad you're ok. Good luck!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

pics
Old 09-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Sports Button FTW

thanks guys, i'm really looking for input on how the scenario goes when u just been in an accident. How long it takes for insurance to come see car (the other person's insurance) and all. Chances of it going my way. I only have liability and everyone says it may take a year to get money, some say it may take a few months, some say a few weeks...someone give me some positive and negative feedback on this from personal knowledge and experience
Old 09-17-2002, 09:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by meccanoble
thanks guys, i'm really looking for input on how the scenario goes when u just been in an accident. How long it takes for insurance to come see car (the other person's insurance) and all. Chances of it going my way. I only have liability and everyone says it may take a year to get money, some say it may take a few months, some say a few weeks...someone give me some positive and negative feedback on this from personal knowledge and experience
Glad to hear that you're ok. You should've been wearing that damn seatbelt, though!

If you had the right of way, you should get the claim. As for when you'll get it, who knows. I brushed a guard rail, and my insurance company took over a month just to look at the thing. It all depends on what insurance company she has...what insurance company does she have?

And to think, I just dropped $120 on a Beige gas filler door! I could've bought yours.

-Sryth...
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
'98 SE 5spd, Pebble Beige, PRCAI, Stillen Y, Stillen FSTB, ACT clutch.
Pacesetter STS to be installed this week!
Old 09-17-2002, 09:52 PM

you've got mail...
Old 09-17-2002, 10:08 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

If she has a good insurance company and it's her fault, you will probably get the money or car fixed within 1-2 weeks, maybe sooner.

With that said, you're nuts driving a nice car like a Maxima and only carrying liability. You're just asking for lots of trouble. I'm insured for comprehensive, liability, and uninsured driver and I wouldn't have anything less with any of my cars. Two years ago a drunk totaled my wife's 95 Altima and he had no insurance. 1 week later, we had a check for $7500 (less our $250 deductible) and the drunk driver will be spending many years having his wages garnished to pay off State Farm for the Altima he totaled. For $250, I had complete peace of mind and was able to move on and get a much better car. If it was you who's car got totaled by an uninsured drunk, you wouldn't see a dime.

Dave
Old 09-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

that sux.

depending on her insurance people is direct relation to how long they will take to come look at your car. you should have had it towed from the beginning and had her insurance company pick up the bill.
bigger name companies usually have better customer service/claims departments.

but anyway when i hit this guy my insurance handle everything and i never heard from him or his insurance or his lawyer so hopefully she has a repetuable(sp) carrier. also it sounds like your max is toast.

check e-bay there is tons of maxes for sale.

you said this is your 2nd wreck , what happen in the first one?
Old 09-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by nismo2020
that sux.

depending on her insurance people is direct relation to how long they will take to come look at your car. you should have had it towed from the beginning and had her insurance company pick up the bill.
bigger name companies usually have better customer service/claims departments.

but anyway when i hit this guy my insurance handle everything and i never heard from him or his insurance or his lawyer so hopefully she has a repetuable(sp) carrier. also it sounds like your max is toast.

check e-bay there is tons of maxes for sale.

you said this is your 2nd wreck , what happen in the first one?
first wreck my car just got stolen and i don't know how but part of CAI got stuck on the throttle cables and i couldn't stop accelerating on rt22 highway (blamed it on the robbers though). I pulled up hand brake and floored brake (just got y-pipe so i was heavily cruising) and i went from 45 to about 10 mph in less than 17 seconds even while accelerating, entered intersection and got stopped by BRonco. He only had a minor scratch while my whole front was tore up (cheap a$$ nissan body) but it was a company car and he never said anything so oh well....

as far as what insurance she has, i never checked. Never even spoke to her, just looked at her like i wanted to snap her wig off and rape her children. But she seemed like the type that would probably have full coverage or something

why dont' i have full coverage u guys ask? well my pops has full coverage on his 98 MPV and when it got stolen few years back, the damage was like 5,000 dollars or something. H had to pay like the first 4,000 or something like that (not sure but it was a lot) and they paid the rest which was very small (like 20% or less). ****ed me off and with such deductables like that, it doesn't pay to pay another 1,000 a year when most problems caused on cars is less than a thousand. This was a one in a million type thing for me. I've had my car for 3 to 4 years now and this is my first major accident. We're talking an extra 5 to 6 thousand extra i would have spent in insurance and i dont' think it would have paid for this one time deal. I would have had to pay like so much for smaller things and they barely pay for anything. When i get my new used car (hopefully), i will get full coverage if its not too expensive.

Oh and my insurance company is Allstate which my friends say is one of the most expensive in the state of NJ....
Old 09-17-2002, 10:41 PM

i got rearended a few months ago

My old max (a 90 GXE) got rearended a few months ago, and the punk idiot high school kid had some obscure insurance.

But it was totally his fault and I got a couple estimates and called his insurance company and b/c the damage was over $2500, they had to send their own claims handler.

So call her insurance since you will be making a claim on her, and ask what you need to do. Like I said, I assume getting two estimates and they will pay the lowest estimate in a check made out to you.

Unless of course they want to send out their own dude and its over a certain amount, in which case they will deal with a shop directly and you wont ever see the money.

It worked out for me... I sold my car for 2500 (with the damage, I just repainted the bumper with $10 autozone paint) and got a $2000 check from the insurance.

Ending buying a 4th gen 5 speed. So maybe it will work out for you.

By the way.. milk this for all its worth, on her insurance all get money for "loss of use"... in other words the days that you lost using your car because you were taking it to shops and waiting on it, etc...
Old 09-17-2002, 10:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

as far as what insurance she has, i never checked. Never even spoke to her, just looked at her like i wanted to snap her wig off and rape her children. But she seemed like the type that would probably have full coverage or something
I may be wrong, but shouldn't you be calling her insurance company to file the claim? If you have to wait for her, it could take forever. Someone please educate me
why dont' i have full coverage u guys ask? well my pops has full coverage on his 98 MPV and when it got stolen few years back, the damage was like 5,000 dollars or something. H had to pay like the first 4,000 or something like that (not sure but it was a lot) and they paid the rest which was very small (like 20% or less).
That's insane! I have full coverage (need it, as I have a loan), and my deductible is $250. Anything past that gets picked up by the insurance company. If your dad's policy is still set up like you say, I would recommend that he change it!

-Sryth...
Old 09-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

how did you not talk to her? the police report should have all the info you need. also just find out who is her carrier and call them and start from the beginning i.e. my name is xxx one of your insured drivers hit me, ya da ya da ya da...

also stray away from the rape comments.
Old 09-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally posted by sryth

I may be wrong, but shouldn't you be calling her insurance company to file the claim? If you have to wait for her, it could take forever. Someone please educate me

That's insane! I have full coverage (need it, as I have a loan), and my deductible is $250. Anything past that gets picked up by the insurance company. If your dad's policy is still set up like you say, I would recommend that he change it!

-Sryth...
sorry bout that, i think my numbers are off...the damage was a lot but i know he paid a little more than half. I think damages were like 2,000 or something.

Anyhow, i don't have her insurance companies number, just the police report number. They took both of our insurance. I have the number and i'll call the police department and get her insurance co somehow and talk to them about it. I'm just worried they see it was a 50/50 fault but it really was her fault. Its also said cause she has over 1,000 dollars in damages with her airbags and bumper. Hate milking her but i need the dough. WAit, i'm milking her insurnace co not her
Old 09-17-2002, 11:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

sorry bout that, i think my numbers are off...the damage was a lot but i know he paid a little more than half. I think damages were like 2,000 or something.
Most insurance companies have different types of policies. You can usually pay a higher premium for a lower deductible (and vice versa).
I'm just worried they see it was a 50/50 fault but it really was her fault.
Does the police report specify who was at fault?

-Sryth...
Old 09-17-2002, 11:41 PM

States may have different policies, but in the two wrecks I have been in, the police filled out a form with both of our insurance companies and information for us both to have....You need to contact her insurance company and yours ASAP and be prepared to give an account of what happened, have your story straight! Generally if she admits guilt, the process of getting your check will be pretty quick, but if she disputes and says it wasn't her fault, get ready for a lengthy process...I'm still battling my wreck from April of this year! Good luck and I hope this helps! Just be glad your OK, all else is secondary!

98 Max SE <----NEW MAX OWNER!
Old 09-17-2002, 11:53 PM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

Damn that sucks mecca. I hope you get your max fixed or get a new maxima. At least you are safe, that's the important thing.
Old 09-18-2002, 01:57 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Re: Meccanoble Has Just Got Into A Major Accident!!!!!

...I was driving down the right lane with no traffic in sight. On my left side i seen two cars slowing down as if they were about to turn left. So i stay on right lane and as i approach the intersection, this crazy b*tch in an altima (the nasty bubbly type) makes a sharp left turn. I'm already half way through the intersection as she makes the turn and i'm too fast to stop and i guess so was she so i try to swirve out the way so its not a head on collision. She manages to tag me hard in the back door (behind passenger)...
So she was in oncoming traffic and making a turn to her left. You were already in the intersection... if she made the turn then she would've hit your rear passenger door on your left side (if that's what you mean by behind passenger)

In any case..if you were going straight and the light was green or maybe even yellow while you were in the intersection, then it was completely her fault. It will be a 50/50 ticket if it can be proved that you were speeding (this one sometimes doesn't matter unless you were going like 25+mph over limit, or that your blinker was on to turn right and she was confused, or the light turned red right when both of you were in the intersection (because no one's even allowed to be stationary in the intersection at any time so it's her bad for doing that then turning and your bad for speeding through a yellow when it was turning red).

If the light was green then you had the right of way. You win for sure if she got a ticket. Don't be too stressed though because by the looks of it the worst-case scenario is 50/50 so no worries about you having to fix her car.

As far as your car, it is a type of utility or service to you so her insurance has to replace that aspect of it. Look at what your insurance valued your car at and hopefully your company will pressure hers to give you that amount. If you're happy with that amount then remove all mods, let them junk the car and pay you that amount. You're probably better off getting another salvaged 4th gen with more structural integrity than yours if they go ahead and offer to repair damages. If they give you no choice then oh well...you still have a maxima to play with
Old 09-18-2002, 02:16 AM

Mecca you need to call both ins. companies ASAFP! First thing in the morning bro.

I've been in several accidents and here in TX, the only thing the police are concerned with is if someone was drunk or if someone was hurt/killed. Anything less, and the cops don't give a sh|t. In every single case, the ins. companies determined who was at fault and who would get paid, not the police. In other words, don't count on the police for sh|t: you take care of yourself and make every possible effort to get back what is yours. period.

Also, about your dad's $1000 deductible: that's frickin' crazy man. Only a clinically insane person would have a deductible that high. Earlier this year Maxine got broken into and my ins. estimated the damage/stolen property at $2800. I got $2550 after my $250 deductible, which was more than enough to fix/replace everything and buy a Y-pipe. Dude I would have been broke for a month if I only got $1800 with a $1000 deductible. Seriously, check out full coverage prices, cuz even w/ a $250 ded., my full coverage is a little over $1100/yr and I priced liability only with Geico at $700/yr. The extra $400/yr is WELL worth it to me.

Oh yeah, and when you talk to the ins. people, never EVER say anything like "I should have hit the brakes sooner" or "she came out of nowhere"... make it sound like you were in complete control, you know exactly what was going on and then the stupid beeotch made an erratic move as you approached her.

Good luck.
Old 09-18-2002, 02:59 AM

A few points here. First, you need to get your copy of the accident report. The insurance companies are going to want it. Second, you need to read the accident report. In New York state, there is a section on the accident report that states who the cop believes was at fault and if any citations were issued. This is definately going to make you or break you if it's on your report ( don't know your state of their forms). Third, as stated before, you need to call the insurance companies ASAP!
Old 09-18-2002, 04:12 AM
Master Will

sorry to hear this man
Old 09-18-2002, 05:38 AM

How fast do you think a 1st gen Altima has to be going in order to spin a Max that badly and cause all that damage. From the sounds of it, based on where you were hit and whatnot, I'd be pretty surprised if they tried to pin it on you. Start bugging the insurance companies about payment, if they *****, start sounding irrate and make noises about calling your local sleazy personal injury lawyer.

If they decide to total the car and pay you off, you might want to buy the car back from them as salvage (cheap) and then part it out and junk it. You should be able to get the most money that way.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:30 AM

Sorry to hear about what happen to you, but thank God you are O.K. and that's the most important thing!!

I hope thing work out for you.....
Old 09-18-2002, 06:37 AM
Decal Specialist

sorry to hear that bud...glad your ok.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by iwannabmw
How fast do you think a 1st gen Altima has to be going in order to spin a Max that badly and cause all that damage. From the sounds of it, based on where you were hit and whatnot, I'd be pretty surprised if they tried to pin it on you. Start bugging the insurance companies about payment, if they *****, start sounding irrate and make noises about calling your local sleazy personal injury lawyer.

If they decide to total the car and pay you off, you might want to buy the car back from them as salvage (cheap) and then part it out and junk it. You should be able to get the most money that way.
Amen, brother.
Old 09-18-2002, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by iwannabmw

I like his advice, just start sounding irrate nad make noises right now, just to practice but it sucks that this happened to your car man
Old 09-18-2002, 07:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear that. But at least you're ok.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:20 AM
Sports Button FTW

thanks all. I just called police and it will take 3 days for police report to go through. I'm about to call my insurance (dam i missed 2 quizzes and a whole day of school for this )

i was so confused and didn't know what i was doing (first accident) i just stood near my car and examined it the whole time. Didn't do all u guys told me to do (get her insurance company and whatnot) the police that were there all like felt for me and kind of felt it was her fault from what i was getting. Witnesses were they saying it was her fault too. I was going a good 30 mph when i got hit (seriously) but my tires are bad and most importantly, my car stalled when i got hit or something and i guess it locked my tires and caused the car to spin. I seriously, seriously wasn't going faster than 40 and it was a 35 or 40 mph zone. Its not a residential street. I do 40 all the time, sometimes even faster with no complaints. When i hit intersection i was going around 30 or less though.

i'm going to call my insurance for some advice and all but you guys keep involving them in the situation as if i had FULL COVERAGE! i only have liability. Can they even do anything for me in this situation? Also, my insurance is real high. We're talking 2,000 dollars UNDER my parents name for ONLY LIABILITY. One of u said u were paying 1100 for full coverage under your own name?! crazy.

i'll keep u guys updated on what's going on...definitely a difficult time for me in my life....no other car to drive
Old 09-18-2002, 07:29 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

My understanding is that if you claim against your own insurance and the car is totalled, then they take the wreck and you sometimes have the option of purchasing the salvage.

HOWEVER, if you are making a claim on *someone else's* insurance, and they total the car, then they cannot force you to give up the car as well - they will just give you the difference in value between where you started and where you wound up.

I claimed against another guy's insurance once and the car was totalled - they gave me $2000 for the value of the car, less $100 for the salvage value. I fixed the car myself for $200 (junkyard suspension components and all my own labor) and pocketed the difference.

In terms of timeline... I got rearended by a guy at a red light once - very lightly. The damage estimage was $600 for new bumper cover and licence plate lights. He claimed that I had pulled into his land and slammed the brakes on. No witnesses, so the cops said 'fault undetermined'. His insurance sent a claims adjuster around and they offered me 75% as an immediate settlement, or siad I'd have to go to court if I wanted 100%. (of course, no company is gonna go to court to protect $150, ut then nobody is gonna GO to court to RECOVER $150, the court costs would exceed that before the hearing). I accepted the 75%. The check was in my hand less than 14 days after the accident. I replaced the license plate lights ($10) and buffed out the scratches.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

thanks all. I just called police and it will take 3 days for police report to go through. I'm about to call my insurance.

i'm going to call my insurance for some advice and all but you guys keep involving them in the situation as if i had FULL COVERAGE! i only have liability. Can they even do anything for me in this situation? Also, my insurance is real high. We're talking 2,000 dollars UNDER my parents name for ONLY LIABILITY. One of u said u were paying 1100 for full coverage under your own name?! crazy.
First, good deal on the police report. If you read my PM, you will se that that that was my first recommendation.
Second, HER ins co does not knwo that you do not have comprehensive coverage, so your own company can be your best weapon in gettiing hers to shell out the cash, especially if they make a few calls on your behalf. So, yes, they can do something for you in this situation. Remind them that they get $ from you for your premiums. Ask that they help you out, even though they are not liable for repairs to your vehicle by placing the call to her company. They know how to read police reports to determine fault. They can use those skills to your advantage here.

About insurance: Location, age, vehicle, grades, and family history all play a role in premium costs. Just to let you know, I pat $1400 a year for my wife and I both to have full coverage, but I have the following in my favor:

Decent driving record,
Married,
Over 25,
She gets a good-student discount (Dean's list),
Multi-car policy,
1 driver is a female.

All of this adds up to help me out. Adding her car to my policy when we got married only added about $40 a month to my premiums.
Old 09-18-2002, 07:43 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

thanks all. I just called police and it will take 3 days for police report to go through. I'm about to call my insurance (dam i missed 2 quizzes and a whole day of school for this )

i was so confused and didn't know what i was doing (first accident) i just stood near my car and examined it the whole time. Didn't do all u guys told me to do (get her insurance company and whatnot) the police that were there all like felt for me and kind of felt it was her fault from what i was getting. Witnesses were they saying it was her fault too. I was going a good 30 mph when i got hit (seriously) but my tires are bad and most importantly, my car stalled when i got hit or something and i guess it locked my tires and caused the car to spin. I seriously, seriously wasn't going faster than 40 and it was a 35 or 40 mph zone. Its not a residential street. I do 40 all the time, sometimes even faster with no complaints. When i hit intersection i was going around 30 or less though.

i'll keep u guys updated on what's going on...definitely a difficult time for me in my life....no other car to drive
I only had liability coverage when I got into an accident last year (I was at fault). I'm sorry to hear about your ordeal, but I'm glad no one got hurt in your case.

As a result of I paid $6500 out of my pocket to fix the car up. My insurance premium went up $1100 from a year ago. I'm also getting sued by one of the cars involved from the accident. It's an expensive lesson to learn.
I can only give you these two suggestions that'll save your life (and your wallet) in the long run:
1. Get yourself full coverage
2. Stay alert when you're driving
Old 09-18-2002, 07:50 AM

The F-ing sux since i know the area too, My friend goes to NJIT and we live in Millburn/Short Hills(when were not at school) I drive through Irvington every now and then and all i have to say is those peeps don't pay attention to **** when their driving. Hope everything works out.
Old 09-18-2002, 08:14 AM
Sports Button FTW

once again thanks guys. My parents have a great driving record but i don't. I have 4 points and two accidents (first one shouldn't really count) but i was already paying high (1800) for the insurance with only liability (was under 25 though) but i have a friend with a later model max with same coverage as mine and is paying 790 a year and that's under his name. I think its my company that's making it expensive. I'll search around for another insurance company when i get my new car hopefully. And because of u maxgurl and many others i'm definitely going for full coverage on my new car but if it runs like 2,000 or more, i don't think i can afford it

anyway, i just finished with my insurance company claim (before i can read what u guys just posted) and did a claim. it will take 4 hours roughly for them to get the info but as they were asking questions it looked to be totally in my favor the way i was explaining. I knew i wasn't at fault but things never go my way so i haven't been going crazy saying i have no fault until now. I can't wait for this dam police report which my insurance also asked the number for so it may go faster than i thought. we'll see. Also, do any of u know shops that can give me an estimate? i mean for everything, EVERYTHING with a heavy tip and all
Old 09-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Sports Button FTW

just got done with my insurance claim guy, explained story and just for the fact that she made a left turn into me AND hit me in the back area, its like 100% her fault he tells me. When i get the report, he wants me to fax it to him and we'll see what happens.

I have to rent a car and all but before i do i want to make sure they know they are at fault and won't fight it. If so then if it takes me a while to get car i'll rent something. Any good places recommended to rent? he said depending on insurance they may give me 22 dollars a day or more. But we'll see. So far so good right guys?
Old 09-18-2002, 09:06 AM

Man that sucks. I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I'm glad to here that your ok...man that is sad

Hope everything works out,
John
Old 09-18-2002, 09:59 AM

Sorry about your car bro. Hope you get some nice money and buy another max that can keep up with mine. At least get those brand new ngk spark plugs out of there, im sure you spent like 50 bucks on em. Put those old pieces of crap in there, or buy some cheap *** ones. Call me up when its time for another conversion
Old 09-18-2002, 10:33 AM

first off - good to know that you are still on your feet!!! - thank god.......sorry to hear about your accident... i recently totalled my maxima as well, but it was no where near the amount of damage that was done to yours most likely........geico cut me a check for $8500 (thats after the deductable) - hopefully you get a good amount as well, i'm still debating over what type of car i should get - maxima, gti, wrx, 2,5RS...... anyways good luck and if u dont get the amount u want or think u deserve - ***** at the insurance company until u do!
Old 09-18-2002, 10:48 AM
Sports Button FTW

thanks all. I'm going to check out geico too when i get my new car. That is my new concern now. How much they will give me. I'll keep barking till i get my rightfully deserved. I'm hoping for 7500 but realistically expect around 6,000 and will yell if i get less than 5500. Still yell or more anyway. What you think is a good price to stand by?

I also will need help stripping my car if they total it. Skeelo i'll talk to u later about that but i guess all i can do is wait for now. Tomorrow is strip day. Taking RSB, FSTB, and a few other stuff out before they see car then from what they tell me depends on what else i'll take out
Old 09-18-2002, 11:09 AM
Sports Button FTW

AW DAM, neck pain :(

aw man, yesterday they asked me if i need ambulance and they came and i signed something waiving them off plus i repeatedly told police officers i was ok. Now i wake up and i SERIOUSLY have this disturbing neck pain like whiplash or something. I can survive but its very uncomfortable. I don't knwo what to do and i feel too lazy to go to doctors. Might be good chance to sue or something but i don't want to take more than what's rightfully mine plus i waived so many people off they might think i'm lying.....

Quick Reply: Meccanoble Has Just Got Into A Major Accident!!!!!