4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anybody know what this is?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 09:00 PM
JP73

Anybody know what this is?

Today I was cleaning out the engine bay and I knocked some little rubber valve out of place. It is located on the left on a black disc shaped apparatus between the motor and the coolant resevoir. I don't know if it is real important or not, but I would like to know what it is. If anyone has done the same or knows what that valve does please let me know. Thanks in adavance.

Old 09-19-2002, 09:58 PM
syc

Re: Anybody know what this is?

Originally posted by JP73
Today I was cleaning out the engine bay and I knocked some little rubber valve out of place. It is located on the left on a black disc shaped apparatus between the motor and the coolant resevoir. I don't know if it is real important or not, but I would like to know what it is. If anyone has done the same or knows what that valve does please let me know. Thanks in adavance.
out of place? what do you mean? does it connect to anything?
Old 09-20-2002, 12:20 AM

I think you are talking about your horn. there is a little rubber piece thats on the horn and if you remove it, the tone changes.
Old 09-20-2002, 05:09 AM

I think so too >>

I think you are talking about your horn. there is a little rubber piece thats on the horn and if you remove it, the tone changes.
I think Nismo is right...the horn is the only "black disc" I can think of between the coolant reservoir and the motor.