4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hoses included w/ PR CAI...what are they?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 07:48 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Hoses included w/ PR CAI...what are they?

I am cheap and bought my CAI pipes used, then bought a filter, and ordered the MAF adapter and all of the couplers and connectors from a reputible mod dealer that I see a lot about on the org.

I got my "connecting parts" yesterday, but the package was all wrong. I got a MAF adapter, 1 (of 3) couplers, and a CAI LOWER PIPE (?!?!). Someone screwed up. Not a big deal though, so I called the parts dealer, who was more than happy to help me out. The sent the other parts 2-day air, so that I could install them this weekend. Great. Except that when they called and left the tracking # on my voicemail, they listed what they had sent to me, and I do not think that it was everything. So here is my question:

What HOSES are included when you buy a CAI kit? It is a 96, but at least the basics should be the same.

Here are 2 pics of the piping and hoses, just to remind you guys...

(This is actually the guy whose CAI pipes I bought)

So of the hoses coming off of the midpipe portion of the CAI, which ones came new w/ the CAI, and which ones were resued stock hoses?

I need to know ASAP so that if they forgot to include those, they can send THOSE to me as well, and hopefully by Saturday.

If it is too late to get them sent to me, what hoseing can I use in its place, and where can I buy it?
Old 09-26-2002, 08:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

There are no included hoses, my pr cai ordered from custommaxima.com was just filter,upper and lower piping with maf adapter already on the lower one, you use the stock hoses already connected to the stock air box. there should be 3 or 4 I think 3.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:47 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

You don't get any 'additional' hoses from CAI package. There's no reason for it. You unclamp the existing OE hoses and plug them back on once the intake is installed.

Parts from a CAI package. Filter (MF or K&N), Upper Tubing, Lower Tubing, MAF Adapter Plate, 3 Cuplings, 7 clamps, 1 sleeve (wrap the edge of 3" hole to be drilled).

BTW- When posting pics of other people's cars, you should post the owners' org names as well (out of courtesy).

Hope this helps,
Ange
Old 09-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Thanks to both of you guys for posting, tht was the info I was looking for. Also, in response to:

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl
BTW- When posting pics of other people's cars, you should post the owners' org names as well (out of courtesy).

Hope this helps,
Ange
I did not realize that this was customary when just using a picture as a diagram or I would have done so. To give proper credit for the pics, the top one is 97MaxGurl and the bottom one is sinewave. Thanks again, guys, for the pics and the replies!