4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help w/ Mod selection

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 06:01 AM

Help w/ Mod selection

Ok, b4 ppl tell me to search, I already did, and my results are inconclusive. So many websites say so many different things about their own and other's products. So I'm gonna ask you guys at the org. I want to add some performance to my 96 superblack SE, but I want to get the best fuel economy as possible. Being a student, I don't have the money to be fillin' my tank twice a week. I already use premium, so my cash flow is suffering.

What y-pipe should i get? I'm thinking warpspeed, 'cuz i want a quiet as possible tone. Building a sleeper here. And what is the quietest intake. I'm contemplating building the hybrid, considering I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy, and it'll save me dough. Also, is it worth getting a new Cat? Thanks for your help.
Old 10-03-2002, 06:06 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Help w/ Mod selection

Originally posted by macksima
Ok, b4 ppl tell me to search, I already did, and my results are inconclusive. So many websites say so many different things about their own and other's products. So I'm gonna ask you guys at the org. I want to add some performance to my 96 superblack SE, but I want to get the best fuel economy as possible. Being a student, I don't have the money to be fillin' my tank twice a week. I already use premium, so my cash flow is suffering.

What y-pipe should i get? I'm thinking warpspeed, 'cuz i want a quiet as possible tone. Building a sleeper here. And what is the quietest intake. I'm contemplating building the hybrid, considering I'm a do-it-yourself kinda guy, and it'll save me dough. Also, is it worth getting a new Cat? Thanks for your help.
When people say search, they mean on here, not generally on the internet. You may already know that, but from your post you sounded like yo usearched on the net and not on here. About the hybrid, I have heard that homemade hybrids can be kind-of loud. Don't really know, though. I have been askin gthe same question about a quiet intake, and the results seem to point to a CAI, if you want a real (read: full non-popcharger) intake.

I have one that I just took off my car that I may re-install or may sell.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:20 PM

Re: Re: Help w/ Mod selection

I saw that you were looking for a sunroof deflector. I have one of those if you wanna trade for your intake. I don't know what the difference is, but I'm lookin' to get rid of my deflector, so what the hay.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:23 PM

Re: Re: Help w/ Mod selection

O, and i do have a white '96 gauge cluster. I'm currently looking for reverse indiglo one. If i can find one, i'll trade for the gauge cluster. Just lemme know what you want
Old 10-03-2002, 01:34 PM
Mod her. Ate her.

PMmed you...