4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2002, 03:48 PM

In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Well the alternator is dying on the car and I have been wanting to add a UDP I am assuming that the labor might be less since they will already be down there, or are the two totally seperate labor issues?

What really sucks is my VIN number does not fall in the recall

ciao
Old 10-03-2002, 04:25 PM

Re: In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Originally posted by ivolley
Well the alternator is dying on the car and I have been wanting to add a UDP I am assuming that the labor might be less since they will already be down there, or are the two totally seperate labor issues?

What really sucks is my VIN number does not fall in the recall

ciao
hey, man, I just noticed you lived in lawrenceville! I live in alphareta and just did my alternator. Turned out great, how much is the shop charging you to do it? I bet I can do it for you for considerably less, we can work together, and you can learn how to do it, let me know!
Old 10-03-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: Re: In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Originally posted by brodaiga

hey, man, I just noticed you lived in lawrenceville! I live in alphareta and just did my alternator. Turned out great, how much is the shop charging you to do it? I bet I can do it for you for considerably less, we can work together, and you can learn how to do it, let me know!
labor for the pulley and alternator will run around $200.00 the alternator alone is about $105.00. I don't recall seeing you at any of the get togethers. Maybe while you are at it you can convince me to purchase a SC
Old 10-03-2002, 05:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Originally posted by ivolley

labor for the pulley and alternator will run around $200.00 the alternator alone is about $105.00. I don't recall seeing you at any of the get togethers. Maybe while you are at it you can convince me to purchase a SC
hey man, I've never really went to any of the get togethers, but post on the .org frequently. Mb1 can vouch for me. The UDP install should be pretty easy b/c we will have full access to it with the alternator off. The job was harder on my car because it was hard to get to the bolts with the SC still on. We'll do the alternator and UDP for $100. Do you have the parts yet? If not, I found the cheapest alternator to be from autozone, 180 after core charge and lifetime warranty. Let me know.
Old 10-03-2002, 05:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

Originally posted by brodaiga

hey man, I've never really went to any of the get togethers, but post on the .org frequently. Mb1 can vouch for me. The UDP install should be pretty easy b/c we will have full access to it with the alternator off. The job was harder on my car because it was hard to get to the bolts with the SC still on. We'll do the alternator and UDP for $100. Do you have the parts yet? If not, I found the cheapest alternator to be from autozone, 180 after core charge and lifetime warranty. Let me know.

You have a deal I met mb1 we met up at a muffler shop to swap out a muffler. I am waiting to get feedback on this new pulley that everyone is talking about I will be ready in a week or so. Thanks and I will keep you posted

Pat
Old 10-03-2002, 06:00 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: In need of alternator, is this ideal time to change pulley as well

sounds good, I have all the tools, make sure you get all the parts, belts, anti seize compound for the pulley. I can only do this on weekends because of school, saturday or sunday morning is the best.