4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Opinion on Bumper Lenses for White Max

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 05:18 PM

Opinion on Bumper Lenses for White Max

I have held of for a while trying to decide what bumper lenses to get for my '98 White Maxima. I was curious to see what people thought looks best on a white max...the regular clear or euro clear lenses. I'm going for the simple, but clean look.

Old 10-04-2002, 05:19 PM

DC/Euro clear would look best on yours.
Old 10-04-2002, 05:31 PM

Best Place to Buy?

Where is the cheapest/best place to buy them...I guess I could look around a lot more, but I'm impatient and hoping someone could help me out since I'm sure tons of you guys have them.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Maximaniac

Re: Best Place to Buy?

Originally posted by rbeyer
Where is the cheapest/best place to buy them...I guess I could look around a lot more, but I'm impatient and hoping someone could help me out since I'm sure tons of you guys have them.

Thanks
Ebay $30. Thats where I got mine.
Old 10-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You can try soething a bit different;

get the clear bumper lenses. On the inner part, the part with the shiny silver reflector, paint some or most of it white. The resulting corner light will blend in better with the white bumper. Since the bulb is amber, you'd still get an amber signal, and therefore still legal, signal light.

DW
Old 10-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Opinion on Bumper Lenses for White Max

I have held of for a while trying to decide what bumper lenses to get for my '98 White Maxima. I was curious to see what people thought looks best on a white max...the regular clear or euro clear lenses. I'm going for the simple, but clean look.

Hey what kind of tint do you have? What brand and percentage? It looks soo hot!

I got my white max tinted and they put some grayish charcoal film that looks alright, but that jet black tint looks a lot better!
Old 10-04-2002, 11:09 PM

Re: Re: Opinion on Bumper Lenses for White Max

I have a 96 white max. I have the diamond clears from custommaxima.com and I absolutely love them. just my opinion tho
Old 10-05-2002, 05:58 AM

Interesting

Thats pretty interesting...I guess you know of people doing this...do you have any pics. So any white paint would do I assume, it sounds interesting...I just may try it.

Originally posted by dwapenyi
You can try soething a bit different;

get the clear bumper lenses. On the inner part, the part with the shiny silver reflector, paint some or most of it white. The resulting corner light will blend in better with the white bumper. Since the bulb is amber, you'd still get an amber signal, and therefore still legal, signal light.

DW
Old 10-05-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: Interesting

I bought a set off amaxima98 something like that for a good price. Diamond cut clear bumper lenses that is.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:47 PM

I would say probably on your the Euro clears!!

Old 10-05-2002, 12:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Go with the DC Euro Bumpers. The plain ones are gay and I honestly think NO maxima owner should have the plain ones. Its just like how can you go with that old look then the new look. Its not like a super change, there both clear, but the DC clears are just more Clearer. lol
Old 10-05-2002, 04:02 PM

Originally posted by JetBlackMax
Go with the DC Euro Bumpers. The plain ones are gay and I honestly think NO maxima owner should have the plain ones. Its just like how can you go with that old look then the new look. Its not like a super change, there both clear, but the DC clears are just more Clearer. lol
So ... the plain clear bumpers light like other clear bumper lights? Is that how they are gay?

And I personally like the non "euro" bumper lights. Less chance they will get stolen.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:20 PM

Originally posted by clee130

And I personally like the non "euro" bumper lights. Less chance they will get stolen.
Calvin (yes I used your first name ) I've seen you address this issue over and over and I have to disagree. I think car theives know what to look for, and any clear light will be stolen. If you can tell they're aftermarket (which you still can despite which ones you get), you are taking the chance of their being stolen. I don't think there's any extra risk-factor to their cut. The fact that it's happened to many more diamond-cut owners is because there aren't that many regular-cut owner to begin with. A good analogy to this would be saying that if you put chrome wheels on your car they are going to get jacked. YES there is a good change, but even if you put silver aftermarket wheels on you are taking that chance. Just my opinion bud.
-Cyrus
Old 10-05-2002, 05:38 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

Calvin (yes I used your first name ) I've seen you address this issue over and over and I have to disagree. I think car theives know what to look for, and any clear light will be stolen. If you can tell they're aftermarket (which you still can despite which ones you get), you are taking the chance of their being stolen. I don't think there's any extra risk-factor to their cut. The fact that it's happened to many more diamond-cut owners is because there aren't that many regular-cut owner to begin with. A good analogy to this would be saying that if you put chrome wheels on your car they are going to get jacked. YES there is a good change, but even if you put silver aftermarket wheels on you are taking that chance. Just my opinion bud.
-Cyrus
I see what you're saying ... but most people on this board who have gotten their clears stolen or their cars keyed because they had their had clears bolted in had euro clears.

Around here, I've been seeing many many cars with plain clear bumper lights. Cars driven by people you know aren't into aftermarket stuff (ie. older family people). I'm under the impression that used car dealers are now putting on those clear bumper lights.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:31 PM

Originally posted by clee130

I see what you're saying ... but most people on this board who have gotten their clears stolen or their cars keyed because they had their had clears bolted in had euro clears.

Around here, I've been seeing many many cars with plain clear bumper lights. Cars driven by people you know aren't into aftermarket stuff (ie. older family people). I'm under the impression that used car dealers are now putting on those clear bumper lights.
Well if dealers put them on that should tell you they're horrible.
-Cyrus
Old 10-05-2002, 07:25 PM

ive got regular clears...i like em....if i got a GREAT deal on d/c clears id take em, but nothing wrong with the non d/c
Old 10-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Sports Button FTW

Diamond cut all the way! The only person if any person that should rock the plain clears are the 95-96 owners because it would match their headlights. You having a 97+ max means the DC are definitely for you. Plus you have a white max so both would look good but definitely recommend diamond cut
Old 10-06-2002, 04:06 AM

I agree with Clee!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 07:00 AM

go to Ebay that's where i bought my D/C's for under 30 bux shipped!!!
however, i still haven't got them in the mail
Old 10-06-2002, 09:07 AM

Re: Interesting

Sorry No PICs. It was one of those time I wish I had my digicam on me. Spur of the moment thing.

DW

Thats pretty interesting...I guess you know of people doing this...do you have any pics. So any white paint would do I assume, it sounds interesting...I just may try it.