4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Can I get photoshop help, please

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 06:38 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Can I get photoshop help, please

Here is a pic of 1FSTMAX's PB max. I have the same rims on my 96, and was thnking about painting them gunmetal. Can someone photoshop them to a grey color so that i can see how they will look on a car of my color?

If you want to go 1 step further, you could PS them onto my car for me:

Thanks in advance, guys!
Old 10-08-2002, 10:49 PM

Re: Can I get photoshop help, please

Originally posted by phenryiv1
Here is a pic of 1FSTMAX's PB max. I have the same rims on my 96, and was thnking about painting them gunmetal. Can someone photoshop them to a grey color so that i can see how they will look on a car of my color?

If you want to go 1 step further, you could PS them onto my car for me:

Thanks in advance, guys!
I painted my 97 stock SE wheels gunmetal. I'll get you a pic soon. Everyone takes second looks at them. I like the way they look. Everyone has the same old silver or chrome.
Old 10-09-2002, 06:01 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Re: Can I get photoshop help, please

Originally posted by PHSINVENT

I painted my 97 stock SE wheels gunmetal. I'll get you a pic soon. Everyone takes second looks at them. I like the way they look. Everyone has the same old silver or chrome.
That would be cool. What color is your max? DId yo udo it while the tires and wheelweights were mounted, or with the rims by themselves. ALso, did you DIY or pay someone else. If DIY, what paint did you use and how did it hold up?

Sorry for so many questions...
Old 10-09-2002, 06:53 AM

Re: Re: Re: Can I get photoshop help, please

Originally posted by phenryiv1

That would be cool. What color is your max? DId yo udo it while the tires and wheelweights were mounted, or with the rims by themselves. ALso, did you DIY or pay someone else. If DIY, what paint did you use and how did it hold up?

Sorry for so many questions...
I don't blame you for all of the questions. I went to the paint place numerous times before I got the color I wanted. I did it myself. What a pain it was. Painting is no problem for me but covering the entire car off and taping the wheels took a while. My max is rosewood(maroon) and I also have the upper and lower trenz grills painted gunmetal. I painted them too. The color I finally felt comfortable with was the 1997 GM gunmetal wheel color but I had to literally go behind the counter and show the guy what to do. I took the 1997 gunmetal from gm, I believe it was paint code 33142, and I had him subtract half of the mettalic that it called for and I replaced that amount with equal parts of blue,white,gold,green pearl. I also had a seperate can with straight black used in the recipe and I added that to darken it up until I got the color I wanted. The total was around $44. And I still have tons of the paint left. Oh by the way. I used a single stage urethane enamel. which means it all went on in one shot. or two.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:39 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I get photoshop help, please

Originally posted by PHSINVENT

I don't blame you for all of the questions. I went to the paint place numerous times before I got the color I wanted. I did it myself. What a pain it was. Painting is no problem for me but covering the entire car off and taping the wheels took a while. My max is rosewood(maroon) and I also have the upper and lower trenz grills painted gunmetal. I painted them too. The color I finally felt comfortable with was the 1997 GM gunmetal wheel color but I had to literally go behind the counter and show the guy what to do. I took the 1997 gunmetal from gm, I believe it was paint code 33142, and I had him subtract half of the mettalic that it called for and I replaced that amount with equal parts of blue,white,gold,green pearl. I also had a seperate can with straight black used in the recipe and I added that to darken it up until I got the color I wanted. The total was around $44. And I still have tons of the paint left. Oh by the way. I used a single stage urethane enamel. which means it all went on in one shot. or two.
Thanks for the reply, it was very informative. When you painted it, did you just paint over the wheelweights, or did you remove them to prevent having unpainted spots next time you get new tires? That is my only concern is having the weights leave marks when I get new tires.
Also, what surface prep did you do for these? I have painted a whole car before (once) and I just used the same paint and primer for the wheels as I used for the rest of the car (it was a jeep, and the stock steelies had chrome beauty rings that covered the wheel weights).
Old 10-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

is this what you had in mind.

Old 10-10-2002, 06:27 AM
Mod her. Ate her.

Originally posted by geo1317
is this what you had in mind.

YES! Beautiful!