4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

need help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 11:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

need help Please!!

I currently own a 95 Nissan Maxima SE Automatic. My check engine light just recently went on and I got it checked out by a mechanic shop. The tech hooked up the scanning tool, but said he could not read it because the computer kept booting him out. So, the tech reseted the ECU and told me to come back when it comes back on. As of now the light has not come on, but I noticed that the driving conditions of my car seem abnormal. Since the check engine light turned off, my car has stalled twice while I was driving. (My car is automatic). Also, as I brake and come close to a complete stop, my car jumps forward an inch before I come to a complete stop. My friend told me I probably need a tune up because my car has about 80K. I am scheduled for a tune up this weekend 10/19/02. Please feel free to put your thoughts on what I can do to solve this problem or if anyone has experienced it. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:38 AM
i SeE what you did therE

that is just weird..

get a tune up and see what happens..
Old 10-29-2002, 08:47 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: need help Please!!

so far, after the tune up; the driving conditions of my car have not changed. Please some one tell me what else I can do. Should I spend about $100 bucks and get an engine diagnostic check or wait till the check engine light goes back on. Its been 1 week since I tuned it up and no signs of conditions getting better.]
Old 10-29-2002, 10:59 AM

You may still have the error codes stored in the ECU. Follow the instructions on getting the codes in one of the stickies at the top of the page.