4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Why is it..............

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2000, 09:11 PM
platblkmax

How come those little civic people always think they can hang with the maximas? Everytime one pulls up to me he revs his car like he is gonna embarrase me, but i smoke him every time. those honda guys (at least civic and camry) need some respect for the 4 gen max.

Old 12-23-2000, 09:16 PM

Yeah it happens but you have to teach them somehow
Old 12-23-2000, 09:33 PM

I know what you mean

Yeah the civic boys are bad but their "big brothers" with accords aren't much better.

Last night, I was out crusing with a buddy of mine and this guy in an early '90's accord drives up and wants to race. We take off from around 30mph because I can usually get any accord at this speed even though it is at the bottom end of second, but this guy was different. We take off and he starts to pull ahead of me. Yes I was stunned also, but then again the only mod on my car so far is a K&N. It turns out that he is turboed and that is the reason he jumped on me like that.

Now I'm one of those people that don't mind losing because I'm in it for the fun, so I decide to go at the guy again...but this time from a stand still. INSTANTLY I'm ahead by a car length and it wasn't until about 75 or 80 did he even start to creep back up on me. Yes, I will admit that if we kept going he would have pulled on me but I was really proud of my car because it is still basically stock. Just wait till the mods start pilling on.
Old 12-23-2000, 09:59 PM
platblkmax

i know what you mean. just wait till we get more mods