4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Custommaxima is coming out with dual exhaust bolt on

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 09:47 PM

Custommaxima is coming out with dual exhaust bolt on

What is this? I do wonder how much it will be and what kind of set up it is, but comon its getting very very had to be original on the org anymore. Not to say that I have lot of original parts but its nice to be one of the few maximas out there with dual exhausts
Old 10-19-2002, 10:11 PM

Re: Custommaxima is coming out with dual exhaust bolt on

Originally posted by Kashoggio
What is this? I do wonder how much it will be and what kind of set up it is, but comon its getting very very had to be original on the org anymore. Not to say that I have lot of original parts but its nice to be one of the few maximas out there with dual exhausts
i wonder if you would have to have a shop just cut out and touch up a groove in the bumper??? how much is this little mod gonna set us back?
Old 10-19-2002, 11:08 PM

originality is hard to do in this world, too many biterz
Old 10-20-2002, 12:22 AM

I encourage the creating of mods for the maxima, god knows we need as many as we can get, dual exhaust might be a good idea if there is a good increase in performance over stock. or if it gave our car a nice liik. it probably would be a nice addition to the choices we have in exhaust selection. choice is good going back to the whole mods for maxima thing, i really dont think we have it that bad. my friend has a gallant and he tells me there isnt S#!t available for him. i thought i heard people sayin their is nothin for camry either, and dont forget the Accord they have no mods at all, i really wish those honda owners could one day get at least a cold air intake, or exhaust for their high power, extremely advanced super V-tech engines. i kid because i love.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

From all the threads i have read about dual exaust, it doesn't improve power. The only way it would would be if say you had two independent exaust pipes, one from the front bank and one from the rear. Then that would be true dual. So i guess we'll have to see what this kit includes.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:09 AM

my exhaust didnt give me anything noticable its just looks, but I am still going to redo the whole set up when money find a way in to my pocket
Old 10-20-2002, 08:27 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

believe it when it's actually for sale and someone receives it.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:14 AM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Originally posted by NickStam
believe it when it's actually for sale and someone receives it.
i betcha youll see some pics either next week or the first week in nov.

i heard that it theyre supposed to get a donor car.
Old 10-20-2002, 10:24 AM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

I doubt my fake dual setup gives me more power over a conventional Stillen catback, and a true dual setup would probubly lose alot of power. A 3.0L V6, or any V6 for that matter doesn't need true duals. It's just for looks and sound. I hope custommaxima doesn't come out with a bolt-on kit...if you wanna do one put in the effort of originality and DIY.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i don't think you're gonna see much gains either without getting a true dual exhaust and having each side come from it's own bank of the engine (i.e. rear cylinders go through their own pipe and front 3 cylinders exhaust go through the other). so the headers that are "coming out" will have to have a design that incorporates this. i guess this would be good for boosted and nitrous maximas. not to mention, that'll mean modifying your rear bumper and buying two cats too, ugh! oh well, at least it's a fresh mod for a max...
Old 10-20-2002, 12:04 PM

how does it sound different?
Old 10-20-2002, 12:08 PM

Originally posted by slimer

i heard that it theyre supposed to get a donor car.
what?
Old 10-20-2002, 12:24 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

oh, i forgot, you're the english professor.

they're going to get a car to put the exhaust on and then take pictures of it.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by Craig Mack
I hope custommaxima doesn't come out with a bolt-on kit...if you wanna do one put in the effort of originality and DIY.
I wouldn't want duals, but from what I remember you bought your dual exhaust. So much for DIY
-hype
Old 10-20-2002, 02:29 PM

I doubt my fake dual setup gives me more power over a conventional Stillen catback, and a true dual setup would probubly lose alot of power. A 3.0L V6, or any V6 for that matter doesn't need true duals. It's just for looks and sound. I hope custommaxima doesn't come out with a bolt-on kit...if you wanna do one put in the effort of originality and DIY.
imho - buying a dual exhaust setup already completed and having a shop installing it wasn't really too diy or original.
Old 10-20-2002, 03:24 PM

I hope custommaxima doesn't come out with a bolt-on kit...if you wanna do one put in the effort of originality and DIY.
Like Kirk and Jason did?
-Cyrus
Old 10-20-2002, 03:38 PM

Re: Custommaxima is coming out with dual exhaust bolt on

i remember you bought my N1 lookalike. did you end up trashing it or did you put it to good use?
Old 10-20-2002, 04:46 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

Like Kirk and Jason did?
-Cyrus

This will be a catback setup I am sure, just like kirk did, and mufflers may be optional.. but i think this will be in the same spectrum as projector headlights. just have to wait it out and see what greg comes up with..
Old 10-20-2002, 05:16 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

This will be a catback setup I am sure, just like kirk did, and mufflers may be optional.. but i think this will be in the same spectrum as projector headlights. just have to wait it out and see what greg comes up with..
what ever happened to projectors
Old 10-20-2002, 06:14 PM

yeah i dont want this to happen, its nice to be one of the few to have this
Old 10-20-2002, 07:06 PM

Nothing is going to stay original forever. If you want to stay ahead, then your car has to keep changing. It just takes the few pioneers to show people that something is possible, then everyone else will bite.

3 years ago, I got 300ZX brakes done. At the time, only 2 people could help me, Loren, and Steve in Philly. Turns out both of them gave me bad advice, but it got done. Next thing you know, I get 20 emails a day asking how to do it and everybody is getting them done.

Then I put the Levoc shift **** on. I got over 200 emails about this, because no one knew it would fit. And next thing you know, they groupbuy them and everyone has one.

Same deal with the ebrake handle, my Wings West wing, the vinyl on the door pillars, etc.

The only things people haven't really copied are the expensive stuff like bodywork, etc. even then there are those who will.

Only real way to stay ahead is to have a big budget. Because as you figure out how to get things done, people will copy you for cheaper and you have to move on to the next thing.

yeah i dont want this to happen, its nice to be one of the few to have this
Old 10-20-2002, 09:12 PM

I remember someone saying that a v6 doesn't need true dual exaust. What about the 300zx? Is it just dual after the cat, and does that really help?
Old 10-20-2002, 09:33 PM

I personaly like the dual exaust, i'll stick around and see what it will look like, and if it's worth the big bucks $$$
Old 10-21-2002, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Vyrus

:rolleys: Like Kirk and Jason did? :roleyes:
-Cyrus
I did my dual setup well before Jason did. And here's a free lesson kids: I bought SOME of Kirks setup, and MODIFIED the rest. I didn't use his B-pipe nor his turbo tube. I also helped the mechanic install it.

So suck on that children. And after your done suckin', suck on it a lil' more.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:31 PM

Originally posted by 96BLUMAX
I remember someone saying that a v6 doesn't need true dual exaust. What about the 300zx? Is it just dual after the cat, and does that really help?
Read my post above. NO naturally aspired V6 requires true duals. V8's and forcefed 6's could benifit a little from true duals. N/A 6's would probubly lose quite a bit of power from them.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Read my post above. NO naturally aspired V6 requires true duals. V8's and forcefed 6's could benifit a little from true duals. N/A 6's would probubly lose quite a bit of power from them.
transversly mounted V6s... really dont need dual exhaust- look at your exhaust manifolds, no real reason to go dual

and how can this kit be bolt on?? unless you just have a fake muffler like all the honda people do... even that aint bolt on..
Old 10-21-2002, 08:05 PM

I did my dual setup well before Jason did.
when did you have your setup done?
Old 10-21-2002, 08:40 PM

is it so important to say you were one of the first ones to have or one of the only ones to have a certain mods? damn...lets see some collectivism instead of individualism here...
Old 10-21-2002, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by Romeo
is it so important to say you were one of the first ones to have or one of the only ones to have a certain mods? damn...lets see some collectivism instead of individualism here...
no we need more individualism here, go to a meet you mostly see all the same stuff
Old 10-22-2002, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by thebigsadler

when did you have your setup done?

Winter of 2001