4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 12:44 AM

What the difference between all these Y pipes?

So theres..budget...stillen..cattman...and..warpspeed .....is there more? whats the performance differences between these? or other differences..like..price ..material...warrenty......etc etc...give me some info guys..im in the market for a Y-pipe.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:28 AM

Re: What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Originally posted by SUPASTEVE
So theres..budget...stillen..cattman...and..warpspeed .....is there more? whats the performance differences between these? or other differences..like..price ..material...warrenty......etc etc...give me some info guys..im in the market for a Y-pipe.
Uh-oh. Better duck - rotten tomatoes headed your way. . .

Y-pipes, (along with many other FAQ worthy items) are pretty widely covered here on the org. The info is in here - a quick search for "y-pipe" should yield you more than you ever wanted to know on this topic.

Fwiw, Warpspeed seems to get the most rave reviews, with Budget a close second, imho. Ymmv, of course.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:28 AM

You could have gone to each company's website for a lot of information. Warpspeed is the most economically, and they make good products. Just make sure you talk to Dallas and they have what you want in stock and ready to ship. Stillen is probably (as always) the most expensive. A Y pipe is going to give you some really big gains in hp. If you also get a b pipe you will relieve your car of huge restrictions in the 4th gen exhaust system. Along with a good intake, you should really enjoy it. My vote goes with warpspeed, go check out their site for more info.
WSP
Old 10-22-2002, 07:19 AM

Re: What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Originally posted by SUPASTEVE
DO NOT GET WARPSPEED! I realize that was all in caps-lock, so whatever. I have been waiting 1-1/2 months for my focking y-pipe and b-pipe! Go elsewhere. If you go to the Dealership and shop experience forum, you will see two threads about Warpspeed. One guy waited 3 months and counting for a y-pipe!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:24 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Re: Re: What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Originally posted by maximamoose
One guy waited 3 months and counting for a y-pipe!
Just over 2 months and counting here. But the product IS worth the wait.

Tom
Old 10-22-2002, 07:30 AM

Just get a budget, its the cheapest and will arive at your house in about 6 days.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:43 AM
Sports Button FTW

Re: Re: What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Originally posted by maximamoose

DO NOT GET WARPSPEED! I realize that was all in caps-lock, so whatever. I have been waiting 1-1/2 months for my focking y-pipe and b-pipe! Go elsewhere. If you go to the Dealership and shop experience forum, you will see two threads about Warpspeed. One guy waited 3 months and counting for a y-pipe!
ehh, i got mine in 4 days

difference between y-pipes? NONE!!!

just longevity, bees in a can sound and waiting time

warpspeed i recommend, just get on their **** about delivery, ask them how long it takes to get to you and don't be a fool and order it and wait 2 weeks before calling asking where it is. Order through phone, ask them how long they think it will take and stay on their back.

Stillen is too expensive

Cattman is stillen part 2

and budget, i've heard too many problems with bees in a can
Old 10-22-2002, 09:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: What the difference between all these Y pipes?

Originally posted by meccanoble

ehh, i got mine in 4 days

difference between y-pipes? NONE!!!

just longevity, bees in a can sound and waiting time

warpspeed i recommend, just get on their **** about delivery, ask them how long it takes to get to you and don't be a fool and order it and wait 2 weeks before calling asking where it is. Order through phone, ask them how long they think it will take and stay on their back.

Stillen is too expensive

Cattman is stillen part 2

and budget, i've heard too many problems with bees in a can
meccanoble, that sounds like good advice to stay on their backs, but i have been doing that. i have pm'ed dallas about a dozen times. emails every other day have been sent to him as well. i also have called about four or five times. i guess it's just too busy right now
Old 10-22-2002, 10:13 AM
JsL

After paying 158, my budget pipe arrived 6 days later. Check this out