4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 02:01 PM

JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

I've searched and cannot find anyone with any experience with either of these kits on a 4th Gen Max. Does anyone have these on their cars? How is the ride quality?

Another thing... there is a BIG misconception that these JIC coilovers are ride height adjustable. THEY ARE NOT. the SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers appears to have a threaded shock body from the pictures, but JIC's website and some of the other retail websites indicate NEITHER of these are ride height adjustable. JIC's website indicates they lower the car about 1.5" to 2" depending on the application.
Old 10-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Former Sponsor

the JICs we talk about are the FLT A2s they are fully adjustable, I've seen them on Hiroshis car and ridden in Brian's (cobymoby) car

they are very sweet in alllll aspects except maybe price
Old 10-26-2002, 02:47 PM

Re: JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

Originally posted by GlenH
I've searched and cannot find anyone with any experience with either of these kits on a 4th Gen Max. Does anyone have these on their cars? How is the ride quality?

Another thing... there is a BIG misconception that these JIC coilovers are ride height adjustable. THEY ARE NOT. the SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers appears to have a threaded shock body from the pictures, but JIC's website and some of the other retail websites indicate NEITHER of these are ride height adjustable. JIC's website indicates they lower the car about 1.5" to 2" depending on the application.
There is NO misconception on the JIC coilovers. JIC Coilovers are ride height adjustable for sure!

They have the same design as Kei Office Coilovers. I have a set of Kei Office GU type Coilover for sale 4 level firmness adjustable and unlimited height adjustable. Built-in front Camber plate adjustable. Email me if you are interested.

For JIC Coilovers, I think Avalon Racing has them... search and check for their websites or simply type "JIC" using the search function on the forums

SY~
Old 10-26-2002, 02:52 PM

I have some info on vqpower.com

Also, some people I know that sell them:
AvalonRacing(AvalonRacing.net)
ISPmotorsports(305-661-0412)
I think you can get it from JIC themself(JIC-Magic.com)
Old 10-26-2002, 03:12 PM

Re: Re: JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

Originally posted by SYCEFIRO

There is NO misconception on the JIC coilovers. JIC Coilovers are ride height adjustable for sure!

They have the same design as Kei Office Coilovers. I have a set of Kei Office GU type Coilover for sale 4 level firmness adjustable and unlimited height adjustable. Built-in front Camber plate adjustable. Email me if you are interested.

For JIC Coilovers, I think Avalon Racing has them... search and check for their websites or simply type "JIC" using the search function on the forums

SY~
Hmmnnn... From the pictures, they clearly have a threaded shock body, but, I wonder why JIC's website specifically states, "Non-height adjustable. They lower your car an average of 1.5" to 2" depending on the application." Very strange.
Old 10-26-2002, 03:16 PM

Re: Re: JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

Originally posted by SYCEFIRO

SY~
I found those links already. However, there has been ZERO feedback from people with JIC suspension systems. Does anyone know how they compare in terms of ride quality to say, H&R/AGX or Eibach/AGX or Motivational's shortened Konis? Are the JIC spring rates heavier or softer than typical aftermarket springs? How about compression and rebound dampening of the shocks compared to AGX or Konis?
Old 10-26-2002, 07:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Re: Re: Re: JIC SF-1 and SA-1 coilovers

Originally posted by GlenH

I found those links already. However, there has been ZERO feedback from people with JIC suspension systems. Does anyone know how they compare in terms of ride quality to say, H&R/AGX or Eibach/AGX or Motivational's shortened Konis? Are the JIC spring rates heavier or softer than typical aftermarket springs? How about compression and rebound dampening of the shocks compared to AGX or Konis?
my butt feel 8K in front 6K in rear on cobymoby's car was... JICs have great handling great suspension travel and make no noise. They also ride very well