4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

LSD-5spd is Done

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 08:23 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LSD-5spd is Done

Well the install is done and it feels good...it corners real well and comes off the line alot better....the only thing I might have to bring it back to the guy for is that under axcelleration it feels rouf on the left side where they had to put in a different axel..if I lift my foot off the gas I dont feel anything but right when I put my foot back on, I feel the roufness on the drivers side ??? It may be cause the axel is bigger ? I dont know

-Matt

Also I hear a gear noise kind of, when Im rolling through a parking lot or in like 3rd and let off the pedal under light acceleration, its probably normal, you have to listen really carefull though
Old 11-07-2002, 08:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: LSD-5spd is Done

Originally posted by matty
Well the install is done and it feels good...it corners real well and comes off the line alot better....the only thing I might have to bring it back to the guy for is that under axcelleration it feels rouf on the left side where they had to put in a different axel..if I lift my foot off the gas I dont feel anything but right when I put my foot back on, I feel the roufness on the drivers side ??? It may be cause the axel is bigger ? I dont know

-Matt

Also I hear a gear noise kind of, when Im rolling through a parking lot or in like 3rd and let off the pedal under light acceleration, its probably normal, you have to listen really carefull though
Where did you get the LSD and how much did you pay for it and installation?
Old 11-07-2002, 08:39 AM

welcome to the lsd family. enjoy the accelerated cornering that makes rwd's jealous
Old 11-07-2002, 09:24 AM

LSD-63K miles --> $500 from .orgy
Fidanza Flywheel-> $365 No limit moter sports
Axel-------------> $250 with core charge
Install $750
Stock shifter, master cyl, slave cyl, Trans.
Nissan stuff $150

All the LSD's I looked at were $1000-1500 dollars at the salvage yards

Im really worried about the roufness I have when I accelerate...Is it because of the bigger axel or what ??? Im going to bring it in for the guy to look at...

Cornering is amazing now

-Matt
Old 11-07-2002, 09:29 AM

Originally posted by matty
LSD-63K miles --> $500 from .orgy
Fidanza Flywheel-> $365 No limit moter sports
Axel-------------> $250 with core charge
Install $750
Stock shifter, master cyl, slave cyl, Trans.
Nissan stuff $150
What kind of clutch did you get?

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 09:36 AM

The ACT was already installed 7k miles ago...So I had to pay for double labor 4 months after my brand new clutch went in
Oh well thats life

-Matt
Old 11-07-2002, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by hlh0501
welcome to the lsd family. enjoy the accelerated cornering that makes rwd's jealous
Is straightline also noticebly better like the cornering? I am wondering how you felt because I know you have problems getting traction with the boost and have the LSD. Did you notice yourself grabbing faster once the LSD tranny was installed?

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
Is straightline also noticebly better like the cornering? I am wondering how you felt because I know you have problems getting traction with the boost and have the LSD. Did you notice yourself grabbing faster once the LSD tranny was installed?

SuDZ
matty - i'd question any roughness, mine drives smooth as silk - -

sudz - as far as straighline, I was able to get 1/4mi 60's down by about .1 when i installed lsd if that, so no not much difference as far as times - as far as feel and forgiving on launches? yeah. I can spin both tires BAAAD all the way through the 60' and run a 2.3, so it is kinda fun even when the tires are just ablaze, you're still gettin pushed back - , but it in no way cures the whole wheelspin thing, they still spin plenty
Old 11-07-2002, 10:54 AM

but it in no way cures the whole wheelspin thing, they still spin plenty
See I figured it might have taken enough power from one wheel to transfer to the other where it might not have much wheelspin. Oh well, I guess it is improved but not perfect.

What about wheel hop?

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 11:07 AM

but it in no way cures the whole wheelspin thing, they still spin plenty
See I figured it might have taken enough power from one wheel to transfer to the other where it might not have much wheelspin. Oh well, I guess it is improved but not perfect.

What about wheel hop?

SuDZ
Old 11-07-2002, 11:21 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ

What about wheel hop?

SuDZ
Wheel hop.. couldn't really tell ya - it seems a LOT better, but may just be temperature, wheel combo, etc... I have had two times that i have had terrible wheel hop out of all the time i have daily driven, tracked it, etc... I still want those radial arms or whatever - - did they ever come out?