4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Need your help....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 10:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need your help....

Hello, my name is Samuel and I am new to this forum. I've been reading this forums for a couple of days and trying to learn more about my Maxima and how to take care of it.
Now I am having trouble with the Max and I need your advice. My car doesn't start well, so I am guessing is the starter, the thing is that the starter was replace no more than 8 months ago by my mother before she sold it to me. Well, its been making weird sounds before it starts, like its dying, just like when I am low on fuel. But today it wouldn't start. I know I should buy a new starter but my problem is what happened to the one that was just replaced? Or maybe is not the starter, dunno. My other problem is that when the gas tank has a 1/4 tank left, the car has trouble starting. I don't know why, again my mom went for a fuel injection clean up a month before she sold it to me and they checked the fuel filter, or so they told her, and they said it was clean and need it no change. Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with my car? please any help and don't flame me for not knowing much about cars, I am trying.

Tomorrow before I go to work i'll stop by D/autoparts and check for staters and ask some questions. I am 20 and I have a 96 superblack Maxima. I want to help her, my car.

Thanks guys.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:24 AM
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder

Re: Need your help....

check all the obvious things.... like spark plugs, change the fuel filter anyway, its like 10 bucks.... if that doesnt do it, leave ur key in the on position for 10 seconds so that the fuel pump builds pressure. Let us know how it goes.